GDT: SDSU vs UND 7pm The Betty Center fightinghawks.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: SDSU vs UND 7pm The Betty Center fightinghawks.com

The Fighting Hawks are flying high with a 6 game winning streak. After beginning the conference 0-3 losing to NDSU, USD, & SDSU, this team has defeated the rest of the teams. Borowicz is healthier and leading scorer in the Summit. 6'6" Leet is finding her pace as post. UND has been running 8 person rotation which sometimes finding starters in the 30-35 minutes/game. Alum Head Coach Bernhard may be looking for a contract extension after this season. This may be the most difficult road game to be played in the rest of conference this season. Fortunately, the Jackrabbit WBB is also playing some solid basketball as the health of the team is good with no new injuries announced. The Jackrabbits are the last team to defeat the Fighting Hawks and it would be great to make the FHawks begin a new winning streak Saturday. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Game is scheduled on ESPN+
    Last edited by Roy; 01-27-2022, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Our high level of play continues. 25-9 after 1 qtr. Selland is in foul trouble and UND looked a bit shell shocked so I anticipate it will tighten up a bit.

Comment

UND is deflated, emotionally and physically. 20 pt halftime lead even without Selland in foul trouble. Our offensive rebounding tonight has been the most impressive thing.

Comment

UND just looks flat footed. not boxing out or much effort really. We were a bit disjointed in the 2nd on offense but overall doing well since UND just looks slow and not much effort.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Since the USD game, we haven’t given up more than 50 pts and we have hit 70+ in every game. Just coming out with much more energy.

Comment

I watched the game this morning and it is not likely the Fighting Hawks start the new winning streak Saturday. Borowicz shot 3-19 for 6 points in addition to 5 boards and 1 assist. UND turned in 6 assists on 19 makes while being outrebounded 52-32. The yotes are likely to mirror this game defensively. There is a big division between #3 team in the Summit and the #1 & #2 teams.
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

yep you are very correct!! it is highly unlikely their next winning streak begins against usd. that, however, is not going to stop me from hoping very hard that somehow they beat the tar out of usd. very unlikely but i can ALWAYS hope

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
                  yep you are very correct!! it is highly unlikely their next winning streak begins against usd. that, however, is not going to stop me from hoping very hard that somehow they beat the tar out of usd. very unlikely but i can ALWAYS hope
                  Weird things occasionally happen...see SDSU MBB at Idaho...
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post

Weird things occasionally happen...see SDSU MBB at Idaho...
                    EXACTLY unlikely does not mean impossible

i mean it is unlikely that EVERY usd team will lose EVERY game they play for the rest of my life, but that is what i am hoping for))

Comment

USD women down at the half to UND. Not watching but appears each team is shooting well. Surprising score considering how our game with UND went the other night.

Comment

USD ends up winning by 16. They’ve had some slow starts lately. Can only hope for that when we play them but I’m doubtful.

Comment

Working...
                        X