GDT: Jackrabbits vs Pios 3pm CST Hamilton Gym DenverPioneers.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Jackrabbits vs Pios 3pm CST Hamilton Gym DenverPioneers.com

Denver is coming off a whipping by the yotes. They were down 53-16 at halftime and finished the game 79-51. Denver had 24 turnovers. We will see if there is some comeback for Denver. They were a 5th place choice preseason in the Summit. Currently Denver is 0-6 & alone in the cellar. The Jackrabbits had a great shooting game in Omaha. We will see if the trend continues at the Mile High. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Yotes with their typical aggressive style of defense, tight to the body and ready to poke the ball out, we get body contact sometimes too , but much more incidental IMO and have our arms raised straight up and visible, we still get called and they don't. It should be the other way around. Hope I'm wrong, but I don't see us getting 24 turnovers.

I saw a still photo of Lamb defending (it wasn't Denver) her player tight to her body making contact and she had her arm on top of her left arm holding it down ready to poke at the ball. As soon as I saw that photo, I said yup, that's the way they defend. I think they are smart at it though, they know it's hard for the ref's to see what they do with their arms and hands.The girl she was guarding had her shoulder down, so Lamb might not have been able to knock the ball loose, a still photo is a small fraction of time seized.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
      Yotes with their typical aggressive style of defense, tight to the body and ready to poke the ball out, we get body contact sometimes too , but much more incidental IMO and have our arms raised straight up and visible, we still get called and they don't. It should be the other way around. Hope I'm wrong, but I don't see us getting 24 turnovers.

I saw a still photo of Lamb defending (it wasn't Denver) her player tight to her body making contact and she had her arm on top of her left arm holding it down ready to poke at the ball. As soon as I saw that photo, I said yup, that's the way they defend. I think they are smart at it though, they know it's hard for the ref's to see what they do with their arms and hands.The girl she was guarding had her shoulder down, so Lamb might not have been able to knock the ball loose, a still photo is a small fraction of time seized.
      I think every picture of baskeball in action looks like it should be a foul....but yeah USD gets really handsy and reachs s lot but if refs dont call it good for them. Summit refs in the past called fouls on us more then other other teams who played soft defense.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Jacks getting some separation. 22-7 with 49secs left in 1st qtr

Comment

3’s not falling but sharp looking start so far on both ends of the floor. Timmer and Theisen really developing offensively.

Comment

48-21 at half. Hopefully Jacks maintain that lead in 2nd half

Comment

Impressive half considering we didn’t hit a single 3. Every time one of our players touched the ball you could tell they were looking to score. Great balance and energy. Turning a corner it seems.

Comment

Just saw the score. What in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                  Just saw the score. What in the world.
                  Denver is awful. Yotes rolled them too. A good team should beat them this badly.

Comment

AJ used this opportunity for players to get some rust off. Played all 14 on the roster with minutes varying from 7 to 23.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                      Denver is awful. Yotes rolled them too. A good team should beat them this badly.
                      It does not look good for the next year for Denver. There are 3 juniors getting playing time with 4 senior/grad students. 43 turnovers & outrebounded by 26 this week for the Pios. Only a few minutes for the underclassmen are logged in blowout games. At this point, it looks as though the Pios will join St Thomas as outside looking in for the SLT. ORU & UND are in position for #3/#4 seeds 1/3 of the way into conference,
                      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

That pass from Myah to Timmer for a layup was boss, that was an incredibly fast bucket there, the pass, the catch going full speed, the finish, that reminded me of Kerrie Young's, with an assist from Clarissa Ober, layup a little bit further out where she caught the ball, but she did it alone in two dribbles for the lay-in. She was one, if not the most,incredible athletes we've had IMHO, Here's that replay, at 8:11 mark.

That was one of my favorite teams to watch, they were also well balanced in scoring, a different group led the way in multiple games, also like this team, shared the ball incredibly well, another similarity. Ellie had the best post moves, never lifted her pivot foot unless she put the ball down first, changed directions many times with great pivot foot discipline, loved it when the commentator said "Thompson went right through the whole Cardinal defense" in the game against Stanford. Maybe Macy and Madison were the stars, but they had an incredible supporting cast to allow them to have more freedom and have less pressure to score. Incredible team, I'm a little bit heavy in nostalgia. sorry for that.
                        Last edited by jackdaniel; 01-16-2022, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X