GDT: Bison(bai · sn) vs Jackrabbits 7pm Frost Arena Midco2/ESPN+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Bison(bai · sn) vs Jackrabbits 7pm Frost Arena Midco2/ESPN+

NDSU(5-6) and SDSU(6-7) will have 1 team reach the .500 mark tonight. Hamling and Cobbins will lead the charge offensively as leading scorers. Senior 6'3" Dietz will chip in some scoring and rebounds as well in her last trip to Brookings. Coach Collins is looking to improve the 2020-21 Bison 9-7 conference record. He has moved the needle in Fargo. If there is a healthy Jackrabbit team, the home team should be able to get another home win. Meyer has shown she can handle the point and the rest of the teammates are responding. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

NDSU was third in the conference standings last year and I think they will be around there again. I wonder if Kansas City or Western Illinois will be able to challenge them. They might go from a 10-7 conference record last year to a 12-6 record this year but we will see.
    If USD's "big 3" stays healthy and Myah and Meyer stay healthy for SDSU, I don't see NDSU stepping up with them just yet. Next year, NDSU might have a better chance against USD since they lose their Big 3. I think this year would be the year to catch SDSU because they will probably be better next year BUT I don't think NDSU is there.

Comment

With two turnovers to end the half, the 13 point Jackrabbit lead is cut down to 8 . Midco is showing the Selland barn video. It's worth a watch if anyone hasn't seen it

Comment

Why are the und annoucners for midco doing the game? Not complaining. I like alex calling games. Does a great job imho. Just curious.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Love how Paige Meyer can advance the ball up the floor so quickly while keeping her head up and seeing the whole floor.

Comment

When they play like this, they are so fun to watch, great athletes.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
              Love how Paige Meyer can advance the ball up the floor so quickly while keeping her head up and seeing the whole floor.
              The play that I liked in this game was when Meyer went to floor for loose ball at half court and she was able to flip the ball to Selland for the fast break layup!
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post

The play that I liked in this game was when Meyer went to floor for loose ball at half court and she was able to flip the ball to Selland for the fast break layup!
                All in one continuous motion, no wasted time getting the pass off, and it needed to be as such, and Sellend did her part too, just a great play by two very talented basketball players.
                Another game favorite is when Dietz was so focused on pushing Kallie away from the basket, she left a huge lane for Haleigh Timmer to make the easiest layup of the game. Great heads up play by Haleigh, you could just see when she spotted the opportunity unfolding before her and there was no hesitation.I think it surprised Deitz a little bit. Obviously, they thought of Kallie as the major rebounding threat for the Jacks, and didn't worry too much about anyone else like Haleigh and others, except Paiton, Tori perhaps.
                Last edited by jackdaniel; 12-31-2021, 02:07 PM.

Comment

All i know is this team looks so.much better with Selland on the floor. Literally everyone is playing better. Nelson doing better. Theisen reslly coming on better as the year goes. Timmer looks really athletic meyers is the enegine that powers thos team. If burkhart and irwin keep their production up. This team is hard to beat.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

https://twitter.com/GoJacksWBB?ref_s...Ctwgr%5Eauthor
                    You need to scroll down some to see Meyer/Selland play. There are other highlights ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                      All i know is this team looks so.much better with Selland on the floor. Literally everyone is playing better. Nelson doing better. Theisen reslly coming on better as the year goes. Timmer looks really athletic meyers is the enegine that powers thos team. If burkhart and irwin keep their production up. This team is hard to beat.

i would say i agree much more with the first highlighted thought than the second. meyers is definitely excellent and i think she is going to be a great career player, although i think we have some more great guards coming who might steal her spotlight.

that said when Myah was out the whole team looked capital T, TERRIBLE!! burkhart looked absolutely terrible and irwin was showcasing her inconsistent sometimes invisible offensive game ( she still was playing defense and doing all the other stuff) with myah back, paiges turnovers are DOWN and her scoring and assists are UP, burkhard is coming back to herself and tylee looks much better

i have to say myah is definitely the ONE player this team most can NOT afford to lose. i mean remember last year we were playing LT and greer at point and we totally dominated the OOC and conference schedules, until they had to go a few games without myah- i still think LT can be useful and she has had some good shooting games this year. she basically was the difference maker against UCLA. but i really have a hard time with greer. she can from time to time knock down open shots but she always looks like she is looking for an opportunity to turn the ball over or force up a bad shot. i HATE to say that and i am sure she is a wonderful young lady!!! and i wish her nothing but the best!!!! but i just cringe every time she steps on the floor. i feel like every second she is on the floor could be used to develop MV or HT or almost any other player

i think one of the things this team will really need to figure out for the bigger games against better teams is how to balance who has the ball in crunch time. myah showed that her decision making in those situations is beyond excellent and she will get an excellent shot for herself or a teammate. paige still does make some questionable decisions but she is getting better all the time. but she is a player who i think needs to keep the ball in her hands more than myah does to be effective. she is kind of unusual for AJ teams. usually our teams are so much driven by ball and player movement. we do not usually have the single player who creates, obviously we have had some!!! but even with megan v and macy m and last year with myah ball movement and player movement is the focus. paige is a little more the individual creator type of player

we will see how it plays out but for me, i think when myah is totally healthy, she is the unquestioned leader of this particular pack of rabbits and paige is an excellent supporting player. but i still think that paige will have the ball in her hands and run the show for big portions of the game

i hope nobody takes any of this as a criticism of paige. she is awesome and represents a valuable and slight change in our recruiting philosophy. i just think myah is and needs to be the first option come crunch time. and she is DEFINITELY the one player who creates a flow and rhythm in the game that allows this group of players to be the best that they can be

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

i would say i agree much more with the first highlighted thought than the second. meyers is definitely excellent and i think she is going to be a great career player, although i think we have some more great guards coming who might steal her spotlight.

that said when Myah was out the whole team looked capital T, TERRIBLE!! burkhart looked absolutely terrible and irwin was showcasing her inconsistent sometimes invisible offensive game ( she still was playing defense and doing all the other stuff) with myah back, paiges turnovers are DOWN and her scoring and assists are UP, burkhard is coming back to herself and tylee looks much better

i have to say myah is definitely the ONE player this team most can NOT afford to lose. i mean remember last year we were playing LT and greer at point and we totally dominated the OOC and conference schedules, until they had to go a few games without myah- i still think LT can be useful and she has had some good shooting games this year. she basically was the difference maker against UCLA. but i really have a hard time with greer. she can from time to time knock down open shots but she always looks like she is looking for an opportunity to turn the ball over or force up a bad shot. i HATE to say that and i am sure she is a wonderful young lady!!! and i wish her nothing but the best!!!! but i just cringe every time she steps on the floor. i feel like every second she is on the floor could be used to develop MV or HT or almost any other player

i think one of the things this team will really need to figure out for the bigger games against better teams is how to balance who has the ball in crunch time. myah showed that her decision making in those situations is beyond excellent and she will get an excellent shot for herself or a teammate. paige still does make some questionable decisions but she is getting better all the time. but she is a player who i think needs to keep the ball in her hands more than myah does to be effective. she is kind of unusual for AJ teams. usually our teams are so much driven by ball and player movement. we do not usually have the single player who creates, obviously we have had some!!! but even with megan v and macy m and last year with myah ball movement and player movement is the focus. paige is a little more the individual creator type of player

we will see how it plays out but for me, i think when myah is totally healthy, she is the unquestioned leader of this particular pack of rabbits and paige is an excellent supporting player. but i still think that paige will have the ball in her hands and run the show for big portions of the game

i hope nobody takes any of this as a criticism of paige. she is awesome and represents a valuable and slight change in our recruiting philosophy. i just think myah is and needs to be the first option come crunch time. and she is DEFINITELY the one player who creates a flow and rhythm in the game that allows this group of players to be the best that they can be
                        I agree. This team goes as far as Myah goes, she can do it all. But we have a PG who can do so much now too and her energy she brings is huge. Pass, shoot, score off the dribble...just part way through her freshman year. Thats not shabby. With myah it makes paige better and they both mske the rest of the players better.

Comment

Working...
                        X