No announcement yet.

GDT: #19 UCLA vs SDSU 10am CST Hertz Arena FloSports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We can be critical of some things within our athletic programs but WBB support is not one of them. The support for our women’s team is at a P5 level as is the product most years. The attendance for the Summit League tourney ranks very very high on the list of all NCAA conference tournaments.

Comment

Wow, I guess the general observation in my head was lost in translation. I was standing in a room full of some of the most devoted Jackrabbit football fans, I assumed that would make a reasonable portion of them WBB fans as well (maybe I'm wrong). As to the point of asking another person or two about the situation, (trying to make small talk while in line) I never overheard anyone talk about it. It's not like Myah is the last girl off the bench only playing garbage minutes (not that that should matter), she is a conference MVP, talent like hers doesn't just grow on trees. So, if my reaction to what I observed about the fan base that day (I was not trying to insinuate anything about the support from the university) is completely unwarranted I guess that is my cross to bear.

Comment

Pleased we accomplished getting our somewhat traditional conquering of a Div 1 ranked team. Saddened that we couldn't enjoy it longer what with a family member of a player who had a medical emergency, Myah re-injuring herself and Tylee injured too. Some joy mixed with agony, bitter/sweet day. Hoping it all ends soon and well. This season is off to a rocky start, but I'm sure the players will rebound and come out of it all, with resilience, stronger, and with a greater bond, hopefully.

Comment

Working...
        X