GDT: #19 UCLA vs SDSU 10am CST Hertz Arena FloSports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: #19 UCLA vs SDSU 10am CST Hertz Arena FloSports

UCLA had a bump yesterday as well falling to Kent St. The Bruins started 3 grad students, 1 RS Sr, and 1 junior in their loss. The Jackrabbits found the Minutewomen hustling at every point of the game. Selland had the first action of the season. She played 18 minutes. I do not expect the rebounding to go so far in the Bruins favor today. The Jackrabbits gave up 15 oboards and 39-22 overall. This led to many points as well as the 10 steals by the Minutewomen. There should be a better game by the Jackrabbits today. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

We really need to bounce back today but tough to do so against a ranked team like UCLA. Curious if Irwin will be out long or back today. Interesting connection in today’s game is that UCLA head coach Cori Close and AJ coached on USA Basketball together this year.

Comment

No Irwin again today. Not sure what’s going on, don’t see a boot or brace. Was worried when UCLA came out and hit 3 3’s to start but we responded and showed more fight than yesterday. Our defense and rebounding still need lots of work. Lots of turnovers and missed layups again today too.

Comment

Great turnaround by the end of the half. Went from down 8 to up 6. Some of our bench players gave us the spark we needed. Encouraging.

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
          No Irwin again today. Not sure what’s going on, don’t see a boot or brace. Was worried when UCLA came out and hit 3 3’s to start but we responded and showed more fight than yesterday. Our defense and rebounding still need lots of work. Lots of turnovers and missed layups again today too.
          Irwin hurt her back they said. Good play to end the half. It sure seems through my blue colored glasses though that we are taking a lot more contact than UCLA.

Comment

My God, Selland just dove for a ball and hurt her shoulder/arm. Did not look good. You have got to be kidding me.

Comment

My God, Selland just dove for a ball and hurt her shoulder/arm. Did not look good. You have got to be kidding me.
              I'm about to be sick.

Comment

BIG win. That was pure fight to pull that out and EVERYONE contributed. Tremendous balance. We should’ve been at the line even more than we were but went 23-28 from the FT line. Another season with an early win over a top 25 team! Would like to point out that UCLA didn’t bother shaking hands or acknowledging us afterwards except for their head coach.

Hope the best for Selland and that she isn’t out long again.

Comment

AJ just said she is questionable moving forward.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post

AJ just said she is questionable moving forward.

I’m going glass half full, just for my sanity’s sake

Comment

Myah was playing her heart out being a team leader diving for the ball, God bless her, hope she recovers soon and gets back to being good as new, her and Tylee both.

Comment

Went to the football game today. While waiting in line for a beer I asked a person or two about Myah. I was shocked, nobody for the most part gives one **** about WBB. Sad state of affairs

Comment

It is likely both Tylee and Myah will need a few days. Tylee has thrown her back out of alignment. Myah has a minimum of dislocated shoulder. The team held together nicely after Myah's injury.
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                            Went to the football game today. While waiting in line for a beer I asked a person or two about Myah. I was shocked, nobody for the most part gives one **** about WBB. Sad state of affairs
                            Perhaps your comment about a sad state of affairs was intended to only apply to the person or two you spoke with while waiting in line and you weren't writing that the state of support for the SDSU WBB program is a sad state of affairs. I think our support for women's basketball is very high based on a number of objective signs.

Your comment reminded me of a conversation I had a few years ago with a parent of a good high school girl's basketball player (who went on to have a good small-college career). I was asked whether I had been in the crowd for a game a couple nights before. I had not. The parent was a little irritated with me and suggested I somehow did something un-American for not showing up for the game. I asked the parent if they had been to a cross country meet -- my sons ran cross country in high school and college. He'd never been to one. I assured him I wouldn't hold that against him.

Individual fans will have their preferences. Personal example: I'm not a hockey fan and if SDSU sponsored hockey, it wouldn't mean much to me and I think its okay for fans to prefer some sports over others.

Been waiting all afternoon to find out what caused the SDSU Jackrabbit game against Charlotte to be cancelled. I was driving across the State and had looked forward to listening to the game on the radio.
                            Last edited by JackJD; 11-28-2021, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Texting back and fourth yesterday evening with friends after the FB game the women's win vs UCLA was a big topic. Yes, someone does give one **** about WBB.
                              You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Working...
                              X