SDSU vs Creighton 7pm D.J. Sokol Arena Flosports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDSU vs Creighton 7pm D.J. Sokol Arena Flosports

Jim Flanery begins his 20th season as head coach for the Bluejays. They lead the series 8-5. This will be a game to see SF player Emma Ronsiek. They are 1-2 with the win over Omaha and the losses at Nebraska and at Drake. The Bluejays have been using around 10 players per game and outrebounding the opponents. They are shooting 39% from the field with 33% at the arc. 4 players are averaging double digits. The Jackrabbits have had a different leading scorer every game. Who will be stepping up today?? Could this be the last day on the bench for Myah? Let's even the series some more in Omaha today. Go Jacks!!
    Flosports is scheduled for a few games this next week. Does anyone know if $30/month is the best deal?
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

FloSports gives a pregame.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Gotta purchase a month subscription at $30/month to watch the game? Or did I miss something?

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
        Gotta purchase a month subscription at $30/month to watch the game? Or did I miss something?
        The GulfCoast Tournament is also on FloSports so you can get 4 games for $30
        An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens.Robert Benchley
        US actor, author, & humorist (1889 - 1945)

Comment

This is ugly. Can’t get anything going offensively and just out of sync defensively. I like our annual game with Creighton but I feel like we more often than not lay an egg down there.

Comment

Bad half but great effort play by Meyer to get a steal with a few seconds left to get a layup by Timmer at the buzzer. Our freshmen once again are carrying us and got it back to single digits. The seniors especially need to step it up now. Hopefully some big changes for the second half.

Comment

The performance by 2 of our starters is not acceptable. Paiton is holding ok at best. My hunch is proving correct. Thankfully Creighton is not very good so there is a chance.

Comment

Nevermind. We suck

Comment

This was not the same squad we’ve seen earlier this season. However, if Selland isn’t back soon, I fear any chance of an at large is going to be gone with any more losses like this.

Comment

Irwin ends with 10 pts. But most of those pts are in meaningless time. Tori is a non-factor to a liability. Paiton is ok, at best. I could only listen but it seemed like we missed to many close up shots. Maybe I expect too much from the ones mentioned. IDK, where they go from here till Myah comes back.

Comment

Gulf Coast Showcase next, I sure hope we can shake off the poor 3pt shooting . We need both inside and outside production to do well in those types of tournaments.

Comment

As I watch the game, it is hard to find any player that did not contribute to the mess. Meyer was steady handling the ball until she approached the paint and was collapsed upon her. Not all 7 turnovers were in the paint, but many of her first half turnovers were. She broke the 4+ minute drought when she pulled up for an intermediate shot to score. The next possession was the same thing from Irwin on the way to closing the gap. The second half turnovers were unforced variety which may have been the game slipping away. She may need to take more shots rather than force passes. She was 2-3 from 3 pt. on a team that went 2-13. The 3rd quarter 4+ minute drought seemed to force the ball down deep rather than take open intermediate shots. It was not a solid game with many missed bunnies from everyone. The rebounding was not good at the defensive end as Creighton had many long bounce rebounds. The return of Selland seems more urgent now to bring some calming to everyone including Meyer tonight.

Comment

It seems they offer cheaper plans for $12.50 a month for the Big East and CAA. To get this deal, you'll need to go to https://www.flosports.tv/bigeast/ and find 'Watch BIG EAST Basketball' about halfway down the page - click on the red 'Join Now' below it. This will take you to the sign-up page, and your 'cookies' will now remember you as having the coupon. You can probably register and pay from this link, but to be safe I would do the following: click on 'Join Now' below the UCLA player from this FloHoops official tournament link https://www.flohoops.com/events/7131...-showcase/news and sign-up from this page. When choosing the plan, make sure it says $12.50 a month and not $29.95. I guess we can chalk this up as another win for Big Streaming Services for taking $18 extra from the little guy, but I guess this site in particular needed to find some way to keep up with ESPN+.

For those who do not intend on buying the subscription but are interested in watching the games (it's legal but probably equivalent to 480p and a bit tedious) - *feel free to delete if not allowed*

Flohoops.com offers a roughly 80 second preview of all the games, and you can use Google Chrome / Microsoft Edge's Picture in Picture (PiP) feature to get a larger-sized game feed than the tiny box they provide . From the site, right-click on the game video and click on Picture in Picture; a new window will pop up on your screen with the game, and you'll want to resize this PiP window and make it as large as possible. The downside is that you'll have to refresh the page (F5 / ctrl-R / reload at top of screen) every 80 seconds or so when the feed stops, and you'll have to right-click PiP each time. You won't get the game audio either, so you'll have to sync up with the Jackrabbit Sports Network feed. On my 22" monitor, the PiP was 10" x 6".

The quality at 100% zoom is pretty poor, so I would recommend zooming in on the screen using the keys Ctrl and = (zoom out using Ctrl and -) to at least 175% depending on where our game is positioned on the site. You can also zoom in on Chrome by clicking the 3 dots on the upper-right and using the '+' to the right of 'zoom'
                          The trick is to refresh the page after you adjust the zoom in order for the quality to change. You shouldn't have to adjust the zoom again unless our game position on the screen moves.

If we're one of the first two games on the screen, use 250% zoom and then PiP for best quality.
                          If we're the first game on the screen you can use 300% zoom and watch the game without PiP but it'll cut off a little of the top or bottom once you adjust the game position on your screen.
                          If we're not one of the first two games, use 175% zoom and use the right arrow on the screen to find the game before using Picture in Picture. You'll have to find the game each time after you refresh if we're not one of the first 3 on the screen.

The keys Ctrl and 0 resets the zoom level back to 100% on Chrome.
                          Last edited by peavy; 11-26-2021, 09:26 AM. Reason: update to include coupon information, new update to include better quality picture

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
                            This was not the same squad we’ve seen earlier this season. However, if Selland isn’t back soon, I fear any chance of an at large is going to be gone with any more losses like this.
                            You're right, the team has 6 games left to build some sort of resume before it is Summit League Championship or bust. It's tough seeing the Myah related comments that have popped up over the past two weeks. 95% of the time I see her on the TV, she is on her feet and either cheering on/encouraging her teammates or giving directions. If it weren't for the athletic gear and position at the end of the bench, a casual observer would probably think she is just a very enthusiastic coach.

Comment

Wow, if there is any question how good Myah Selland is we are seeing it this year. Without her this is an an average team at best. Watching the upperclassmen completely regress in front of out eyes and more importantly, show no leadership or desire to take a leadership roll is disappointing. A freshman point guard is the only player I see taking any pride and demonstrating the guts to try and will this team to victory while upperclassmen stand around and do nothing. Very sad.

Comment

Working...
                              X