GDT: Jackrabbits vs #12 Cyclones 6:30pm Hilton Coliseum ESPN+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    Gotta love that there's no quit on this team. Doing it with absolutely no post game. Don't even enter it into the post.
    Alexis Markowski would be nice. Sigh

Comment

Originally posted by naters_gonna_nate View Post

Alexis Markowski would be nice. Sigh
      I think getting Myah back is going to help loosen things up inside as she will draw double teams, often from the post player. It will be interesting which starter sits when she returns. I would think Theisen will come off the bench.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

I think getting Myah back is going to help loosen things up inside as she will draw double teams, often from the post player. It will be interesting which starter sits when she returns. I would think Theisen will come off the bench.
        I would agree, except Kallie is such a great rebounder, her and Myah, Nelson when she's around the basket, would give us plenty of rebounding, maybe spark a few more successful fast breaks, Timmer and Meyer have plenty of speed, Paiton if she gets a good jump start too. Timmer 's not technically a starter but she gets on the floor plenty. Tough call to make , lots of if, ands and but's. And Kallie can be added frequently when rebounding needs a boost, of course, she does other things too, don't want to charachterize her as one dimensional, but that's her major strength right now.

On the topic of fast breaks, Meyer sees downcourt very well. and her arm strength is very good to fire off a bullet to thread the needle when the pass has to be done quickly to sneak by a defender that is defending just a hair too far off, or frequently looks off her player she's defending. Meyer is so smart and observent, she takes advantage of those slip ups. She's a great PG, the other players have to be ready at any time for a pass from her, kinda like Riley Cassio- Jensen , except her sneaky ones were mostly no-looks, she was so good at those, that also takes good reads,had good observation skills, practice those things frequently. Teammates getting accustomed to each others traits and tendencies and becoming better as a unit, so no matter which five are on the court, there will be a lot less surprises, ie , turnovers.
        Last edited by jackdaniel; 11-17-2021, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
          Freshmen are 2-12. Irwin & Nelson should be ready for 2nd half with 2 fouls each. 6 minutes for Irwin and 11 for Nelson should be fresh legs.
          Maybe they (the fr) are getting noticed and better scouted , or just an off day and Ia St playing very well defensively , taking some things away from them and wanting revenge for the loss we imposed on them last season. Like was posted, we become a better team down the road when we challenge ourselves by playing against the elite teams. School of hard knocks, to be the best...... you gotta play the best.

Comment

Working...
          X