No announcement yet.

Green Bay vs SDSU 6pm Frost Arena Midco/ESPN+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our freshmen do not look like freshmen. They will fill in some of our gaps from the past few seasons. Good things ahead, especially when Selland gets back.

Comment

Originally posted by smoothjack View Post

Is this the correct thread for mask/covid opinions?
      Should we make it less divisive & more Jacks-centered and say that the men's refs wanted to go maskless so it'd be easier to scarf down some delicious SDSU ice cream during media timeouts?

Seriously though, I had similar thoughts when I saw the post in question

Comment

Originally posted by DieselJacks View Post
        I don’t think it’s bold to say that SDSU and USD are probably top 25 teams again. Green Bay isn’t a bad team, and this is a shellacking.
        I am curious how good Green Bay is. They have not made the NCAA tourney that last 3 years and this year they have 1-senior, 2 juniors and 11 freshmen (either true-8 or red-shirt-3) on the team.
        I know they started 2 redshirt freshmen and a true freshman BUT I didn't hear what grade the two other starters were in.
        They may be talented and come around but some/most of them were not on the team last year so they are not overly experienced. Catching them early in the season might have helped.

Comment

The Freshmen... Meyer and Timmer are both studs. And both bring great shooting, which we missed at times last season.

This year's squad could be a special one.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
            The Freshmen... Meyer and Timmer are both studs. And both bring great shooting, which we missed at times last season.

This year's squad could be a special one.
            I thought from what I could watch they looked good. Timmer looks atheltic and Meyer looks aggressive. I think they obviously need time to figure out their roles in the team and their defense will be key to their playing time. could be as deep of a bench as we have had. Byom and Neshiem should be getting minutes, but think about the bench, Thunink, Greer and Vlastin. Thats experience in the first too and potential scoring option with Vlastin. team easily could be 10 deep comfortably.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post

I am curious how good Green Bay is. They have not made the NCAA tourney that last 3 years and this year they have 1-senior, 2 juniors and 11 freshmen (either true-8 or red-shirt-3) on the team.
              I know they started 2 redshirt freshmen and a true freshman BUT I didn't hear what grade the two other starters were in.
              They may be talented and come around but some/most of them were not on the team last year so they are not overly experienced. Catching them early in the season might have helped.
              That was a huge surprise to me. THey've had the same coaching staff in place and seem to be a very stable program and yet they have 11 freshman on their program. In the COVID era where everyone got an extra year it is beyond strange to be so young. Wonder what is up with that? Best of luck to Megan Vogel and their squad the rest of the way.

SUPERBUNNY
              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

The team more than met any expectations I had going in mainly due to the freshman looking so ready to play. Looking forward to seeing them against better opponents because of W-GB's youth. With a healthy Selland on the floor this team looks like it could be very fun to watch and tough to beat.

As others mentioned, Theisen really looks to have taken a leap forward which is important. We need her to be a consistent performer on both ends to be a really good team.

SUPERBUNNY
                MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

A short synopsis of the game, being that it turned out pretty one sided I can't find too much wrong, but, considering our next opponent, we probably need a little work on shot clock management, simply because against a really good team, you don't want to give them any breaks if you can possibly help it. Still some things to smooth out, but once they are addressed, this team is going to be pretty salty, just about there now.

Comment

Green Bay took down the Bison at home on Saturday, 71-54

Comment

Working...
                    X