SDSU Jackrabbits vs Concordia St Paul Golden Bears Exhibition GDT 7pm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDSU Jackrabbits vs Concordia St Paul Golden Bears Exhibition GDT 7pm

One more warmup game with the NSIC team. The Golden Bears are led by Coach Amanda Johnson (who is also an alum of CSP
    .) They have 7 freshmen on the team. One is the NSIC freshman of the year who gained a year of eligibility with the Covid year. She is #11 Lindsey Becher (6'1") The Golden Bears are picked for 9th this season in the NSIC. We will find if AJ has some other rotations to throw on the floor tonight. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    One more warmup game with the NSIC team. The Golden Bears are led by Coach Amanda Johnson (who is also an alum of CSP
    .) They have 7 freshmen on the team. One is the NSIC freshman of the year who gained a year of eligibility with the Covid year. She is #11 Lindsey Becher (6'1") The Golden Bears are picked for 9th this season in the NSIC. We will find if AJ has some other rotations to throw on the floor tonight. Go Jacks!!
    Another note for this team is 2nd year Assistant Coach Madison McKeever who played for the Coyotes 4 years in the Summit.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

It will be interesting to see the rotation and the growth from the very ugly first exhibition game. Watching the two freshman develop and get used to the college game will be very telling moving forward. I want to see them knock down some open 3's and see improvement from Tori and Tylee compared to the first game. This team will be a very tough out if we can consistent perimeter shooting, a consistent offensive game night in/out from Tori, and get Tylee to make her layups.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
        It will be interesting to see the rotation and the growth from the very ugly first exhibition game. Watching the two freshman develop and get used to the college game will be very telling moving forward. I want to see them knock down some open 3's and see improvement from Tori and Tylee compared to the first game. This team will be a very tough out if we can consistent perimeter shooting, a consistent offensive game night in/out from Tori, and get Tylee to make her layups.
        Tylee performed ok IMO. Tori needs to pull her head out of her butt to be honest. She has the ability, she has the experience. We need her to perform better.
        Edit, I get this was only the first game. But...

Comment

Is Tori back to 100% with her knee issue to end the year last year? What was her injury exactly do we know?

Also finally can listen to the game on the radio tonight even though at work so will be nice to hear the new names out there.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Tori was back last spring obviously. I would think she has to be as close to 100% as she could be. She is streaky though, lets hope age will help

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
              Tori was back last spring obviously. I would think she has to be as close to 100% as she could be. She is streaky though, lets hope age will help
              She seemed like she struggled playing with the injury obviously. sometimes it takes game action to get that back. practice and workouts are one thing but to be game ready is another. I would assume since we havent heard anything else. but would be nice to know she is 100%.

Any word tonight on Mayh getting back?
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post

She seemed like she struggled playing with the injury obviously. sometimes it takes game action to get that back. practice and workouts are one thing but to be game ready is another. I would assume since we havent heard anything else. but would be nice to know she is 100%.

Any word tonight on Mayh getting back?
                My shot off the hip is if we don't see Myah next week against Green Bay we don't see her till conference?

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post

My shot off the hip is if we don't see Myah next week against Green Bay we don't see her till conference?
                  I would think they would get her in game action sooner then later if she is ready to go. maybe limit some miniutes to start?

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post

I would think they would get her in game action sooner then later if she is ready to go. maybe limit some miniutes to start?
                    True, I only worry about her banging with the likely (IDK) BIG ladies from the likes of Miss ST. ?

Comment

One thing's for sure, we'd like to see her at the end of the season a little longer than last season, it's a long haul until then though. Hopefully we'll see that come to fruition

Comment

I think it would help the new players to get her into games sooner so freshman can figure out their roles a little bit better as the season develops. playing 8 games and getting a feel for it then it all changes because Mayh is such a big part of the offense.

Comment

Totally, thats why its not worth the risk for an exhibition game, but I never like the idea to not play to avoid injury. Its just as risky to practice as game conditions. You play to win the game and use the best players you can. If she is ready you play her. if she is 90% you work her back in slowly imho.

Comment

Yes, the more they play together, the better they play as a unit, for sure, even with substitutions included into the rotations. Not to mention different defenses, schemes, etc various teams contribute to our learning how to play together better. The whole season school's in session.

Comment

I think we've played around ten Jacks so far, that's 2/3 of the roster in this game so far.

Comment

Working...
                              X