SDSU Jackrabbits vs St Cloud State Huskies 7pm Exhibition GDT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDSU Jackrabbits vs St Cloud State Huskies 7pm Exhibition GDT

The Huskies come to Brookings as a top tier team from the NSIC. We should get a preview of the new Jackrabbit freshmen players as the new season is closing in soon(13 days). Go Jacks!!
    (This game is available on radio only.)
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

I want to see the new players and who has improved their outside shot. If there is anybody who can hit the outside shot at a high %, I think they should get more time unless they are completely lost on defense.

Comment

Good contest, a little bit more intense than a practice, good to get used to that intensity before the games really count against Div 1 opponents. St Cloud showing they're no pushover, that's good we get that kind of attitude and fight. Perfect opponent for an exhibition game.

Comment

This year, the women's 3 pt line has been pushed back to the International standard of 22 ' 1 3/4". It will be interesting if it will affect the stats on 3pt shooting, which is the reason the new rule went into effect this year I assume.

Comment

A little tighter game againt this pesky St Cloud team, not hitting our shots too well, but at least we are hitting the boards harder on misses, which we have to do to offset our poor shooting I guess.

Comment

It's nice having posts who can handle the ball well enough to drive to the hoop against shorter defenders using their height to draw fouls. That's getting to be more and more essential in post players.

Comment

Our two freshman are going to be players!

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                Our two freshman are going to be players!
                Nice to have guards that can drive and finish.

Comment

Anyone at the game? Did Myah warm up with the team? Scotty Kwas said in post game that she’ll be ready to go….but they chose to not play her tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Route 12 Jack View Post
                    Anyone at the game? Did Myah warm up with the team? Scotty Kwas said in post game that she’ll be ready to go….but they chose to not play her tonight.
                    Yes, Myah was dressed. Back to the freshmen, they both look like natural shooters to me.

Comment

Yes, Myah was dressed. Back to the freshmen, they both look like natural shooters to me.
                      Which is good because our two senior guards...aren't.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

"Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Couldn't make it last night but glad to see the reports above. It is important that we have guards that can drive to the basket to create their own shot or find someone with an open shot. That was lacking last year. It was where Macy was incredibly strong. That will make our offense incredibly more effective. Last year, we really struggled late in the shot clock because we didn't have that ability.

This team is going to be a lot of fun to watch and has the prospects of being really good!

Looking forward to seeing how it plays out!

SUPERBUNNY
                        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Vlastuin was a great substitution when the Jackrabbits were trailing. She dropped in 3 3pointers and 1 almost 3 pointer to have 11 points in the first half. She was a 41% 3 point shooter last year and 43%+ from the field overall last year. If she has improved this year, that is a big shot in the arm for the team as a long distance shooter. Theisen was a lane plugger and rebounder. The entire team was struggling at the free throw line turning in 43% on 9-21. The freshmen looked better in the 2nd half as they seemed to be more comfortable. Timmer had good defense.
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                            Vlastuin was a great substitution when the Jackrabbits were trailing. She dropped in 3 3pointers and 1 almost 3 pointer to have 11 points in the first half. She was a 41% 3 point shooter last year and 43%+ from the field overall last year. If she has improved this year, that is a big shot in the arm for the team as a long distance shooter. Theisen was a lane plugger and rebounder. The entire team was struggling at the free throw line turning in 43% on 9-21. The freshmen looked better in the 2nd half as they seemed to be more comfortable. Timmer had good defense.
                            I agree, and one thing I failed to mention earlier is Meyer appears (to me at least) to be a very good ball handler. A couple things to polish up but she has a very good skill set.

Comment

I agree, and one thing I failed to mention earlier is Meyer appears (to me at least) to be a very good ball handler. A couple things to polish up but she has a very good skill set.
                              She seemed to learn some things quickly. The first quarter saw her over dribbling rather than move the ball when she was 25' from the basket and getting double team pressure. The second half she was able to take off for the lane. It seems she will be THE point guard during her time with the Jackrabbits.

Comment

Working...
                              X