AJ and U19 USA women's basketball 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AJ and U19 USA women's basketball 2021

I've been watching some of the games, they are in the pool phase for the 1st three games. I've noticed a strong bench and conditioning is much needed as the play is pretty up tempo all game long. So far, and I've only watched a few games, it seems this early that there are a lot of mismatched games , a lot of blowouts, so it's hard to analyze except that one team is way better than the other. Team USA dominated team Italy in the first game , the second game (today the 8th) should give a better indication of how well USA can play against another top level team like todays opponent Austrailia. All the teams have athletes , no surprise, but Team USA has athletes and they have athletes that exhibit a way better skill set in just about every aspect of the game, only a few Nations are catching up to us, they will rise to the top and the games involving team USA will get more competative as we go.

Some players that impressed me so far in limited observation are first Lauren Betts, only 17 and 6'7" committed to Stanford, she's going to be a great one, as is many of her teammates, USA has a lot of height , Lauren Ware from ND at 6'5", she's good also, they're all good really and each will have have good games to showcase their talents, Clark didn't start, but I think it might be just precautionary to prevent an un-planned injury this early when an opponent is so overly mismatched, she's kind of a headliner for the team. Staying relatively close to surrounding States, Verhulst is a beast, always liked her play, lots of big names on this team, should be fun watching them all play and the team functioning as a unit. Until our Jacks hit the floor, it's basketball being played , and our coach AJ experiencing a great opportunity and acheivement.

Hard to overestimate the exposure this gives AJ and by extension SDSU women's basketball among the elite level HS girls basketball players. Maybe nothing will come of it but then maybe something will.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
    X