GDT: Jackrabbits #9 vs Orange #8 @ Frank Erwin Center 4:30pm ESPN2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slosho View Post

With my B&Y's on it sure seems that our fouls are less contact then their non-calls.
    Coach Thomaskutty specifically mentioned the non-call when Theisen was knocked down, so it's noticeable to others

Comment

Plenty of girls at the bottom of this roster who bring nothing that could be replaced with some additional perimeter shooting

Comment

Well better effort than I anticipated. Great season until the end. Lots of adversity. Curious who comes back next year. Hopefully we can come back with better shooters next year and a healthier lineup.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post

THIS, From a Bison fan. As in great point it's obvious.
          Would've been interesting to see what a difference Stapleton would've made.

Obviously, the score's much different with Selland.

Done caring about WBB for this season. Excited to see what next season brings, and the Jacks should be proud of their tenacity in this game, even if they fell short in end.

Comment

WOW so many thoughts!!! but first of all GREAT effort from the girls!!

not a question in my mind if we have myah we beat them going away

not a question in my mind if we have even a DECENT day shooting from 3 we beat them going away

not a question in my mind if we get even a half way equally reffed game we beat them going away

THAT SAID couple of those things we do NOT control so not much use giving up energy worrying about them. in all honesty if i was an administrator at syracuse i think the coach gets the axe based on what i saw today

what kind of fundamentals are you teaching and what kind of effort are you getting when you have THAT team and you get outrebounded by the jacks???? throw in how the refs let his girls beat the ever living crap out of the jacks the whole game and still the jacks were the ones getting called for fouls when battling for rebounds and there is ZERO ZERO ZERO EXCUSE for the jacks to win the boards

i actually dont think that the jacks needed to abandon the inside game but we might need to think about a little thing called a pump fake or a head fake- i mean who knows how it would have worked today based on how many teams we got pummeled with no foul but i think more fouls get called when players go in the air

was i the only one who thought the announcers were terrible? i mean finally one non call she did say should have been a foul but earlier in the game thiesen got fouled 3 times with the big girl taking one of her arms down and a foul was actually called and she said if the jacks watch replay they will think they got away with one because there was no foul????? i wont say more about that but i thought that was kinda the tone of the whole game from them

things the girls could control? it would have been nice if we could have simply shot a solid % on open looks. we did have some and missed most of them((((( and there could have been some better decision making. from probably almost all the girls at some point. i do appreciate the good things haley has done- and as some have said we probbly do not win 1 or 2 early games without her, and those helped us get the at large bid- BUT her decision making is too often very questionable(( we needed a better day from tylee in many aspects

i do hope when any of y'all question shooting or ability to beat the press or some of turnovers that you DO CONSIDER how much difference it makes when the other team is grabbing you and shoving you basically the whole game. i mean they contested most of the rebounds they got some tie ups on rebounds and i do NOT think they were ONCE called for a foul but the jacks were called for several fouls fighting for boards??? when they were pressing they contested several inbound passes from behind us???? you are automatically reaching over the player to do that??? not to mention the bumping, pushing, and holding

i mean this was an uphill climb for the jacks ALL DAY they did not really need the refs letting syracuse be more physical while calling the jacks for fouls on far less physical play

FINALLY i really do not like espn((( WHY did we need a split screen for several minutes in the second half so that we could watch their coach jump up and down and wave his arms and scream like a freaking idiot???? i think he is probably related to dawn p. but WHAT was the great television value of seeing that??

ANYWAY now that that is done WOW our girls played hard and some really stepped up!!! even if it was hard and frustrating to watch the girls stayed in the game until the last few minutes!! and i think if anyone looks at the 2 teams taking the floor NOBODY thinks the jacks hang with them. and syracuse is really REALLY fortunate that we never had any stretch in 2nd half where we made some shots. i do not think we hit even one 3 in second half.

but still even up to 5-6 minutes to go if we would have had just one little spurt where we hit a few shots, especially a couple 3s i think we very likely win that game. i thought the game kinda took the FINAL swing when they were up 2 and engstler hit the two 3s. if you flip that around and we knock down a couple 3s right there??? my feeling is that syracuse would not have been able to answer unless the refs decide to help and the jacks ride out the lead with defense, rebounding, and free throws

sometimes i get frustrated with paiton just because she is limited against quality players who are bigger but my gosh!!!!!! she absolutely NEVER quits and man she has SOME balls!!!! what a scrapper and what a great second half!!!! i tell ya with the added perimeter shooting she is showing she is going to be so so tough the next 2 years)) could not be more proud of her

i know yall get frustrated with LT and man man man i wish she could find her perimeter shot!!!! but man she BATTLES!!!! she has to lead the world in rebounds by a person who is 5'7 or less. i guess some of you question her D but i think our D is better when she is on the floor. not for ONE second would i question her heart!!!! but i really hope she can find her shot)

i did not expect much from tori today. very happy to be wrong! i think this will be a good spring into next year for her. i question her decisions at times also but she was a spark for us today.

i thought emily looked good today getting thrown into her first significant action against this team!! i am really excited to see if she can bring more going forward. she will have to bc all the guards in front of her will be back ( i know for some that does not say much) plus the 2 freshman i think will have a shot to jump right in. but anyway i thought she handled herself pretty well today

Comment

A great season but riddled with injuries. Good job ladies.

Comment

ABSOLUTELY nidaros!! i agree with both points. could not be more proud of them and as i said before i am very thankful to have such a great group of people to cheer for

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
                  was i the only one who thought the announcers were terrible? i mean finally one non call she did say should have been a foul but earlier in the game thiesen got fouled 3 times with the big girl taking one of her arms down and a foul was actually called and she said if the jacks watch replay they will think they got away with one because there was no foul????? i wont say more about that but i thought that was kinda the tone of the whole game from them

FINALLY i really do not like espn((( WHY did we need a split screen for several minutes in the second half so that we could watch their coach jump up and down and wave his arms and scream like a freaking idiot???? i think he is probably related to dawn p. but WHAT was the great television value of seeing that??
                  I thought Coach Thomaskutty was complimentary toward Jacks for about 2/3 of the game, but there were moments she fixated on Coach Hillsman (the velour attire sutiability discussion really was something else).

I am not a fan of the "Coach Cam" either, particularly when they only focus on one coach. However, I suppose Hillman's gesticulating and courtside tirades toward players might've provided entertainment value to some when shown on camera.

Comment

It would be nice to get a little of that Power 5 size. Wow they made it tough in the paint!

We fought hard on D, with the rebounding and all but there was no way it was going to happen today without someone getting super hot from the outside. We sure didn’t get that!

There’s not much you can do when you lose someone of Selland’s caliber. I just hope she finally gets in on a postseason next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                      It would be nice to get a little of that Power 5 size. Wow they made it tough in the paint!

We fought hard on D, with the rebounding and all but there was no way it was going to happen today without someone getting super hot from the outside. We sure didn’t get that!

There’s not much you can do when you lose someone of Selland’s caliber. I just hope she finally gets in on a postseason next year.
                      What puzzled me was after shooting 4-15 on threes in the first half, we only attempted 5 in the second half. Especially in the last few minutes when we were down enough that making some threes was the only way to get back in the game. And it was obvious we weren't going to score inside.

Comment

HAVE TO disagree with everyone keep saying we had NO CHANCE to get it done inside. we needed to do a better job using head fakes and pump fakes. they wanted to block shots so we needed to take advantage and get them in the air.

that said do you NOT realize how close we were to winning this game? i wish i knew the time but i think it was around 7 minutes in the game. we were down 50-48 i believe. they hit basically consecutive 3s to go up 8. even with all the difficulty, if you switch that scenario and the jacks have someone hit a couple 3s to go from down 2 to up 4. i think very possible that is all it takes.

i mean do you realize that a team with ALL THAT SIZE advantage we still out rebounded them by EIGHT and held them to shooting under 37%? they were having a HARD TIME scoring. if we take a 4th quarter lead i think they have lot of trouble

the turnovers sucked but the way that team plays and without myah it could have been worse than 22 and if we just cut that number by 3-5 it might be the difference in the game

also VERY encouraging game from kallie thiesen. she showed no fear inside. shot FTs decent and had 10 boards

also tylee shot tough and i was hoping for more from her but she also had 8 boards and 5 assists and was part of holding their leading scorer to 5 of 18 shooting and she played 35 minutes

LT again tough shooting but there is no quit in her. 6 boards and also tough D agains a bunch of players at least 5 inches taller. also played 35 minutes

again all in all the girls gave an incredible effort and any of several small differences in the game probably make the difference

handful less turnovers or

we make 2-3 more 3s or

we cause them 2-3 more missed 3s

even with all the bad reffing, the bad shooting, the turnovers just a few little changes at any point is maybe all it takes for these amazing girls to change this one from an L to a W

great season!! great effort today!!! i hope they all get healthy they learn from this years challenges and they come back ready to be better than ever))!!!! GO RABBITS!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                          A great season but riddled with injuries. Good job ladies.
                          I was going to say the same, so I'll just say I agree 100%.

Comment

Valiant effort, but one of the commentators mentioned why are they continuing to go inside at the Syracuse bigs when they were getting swatted to the tune of 14 blocked shots which was two shy of an NCAA tournament record. Our lack of a talented point guard showed again yesterday with Greer with 8 turnovers and Lyndsey with 5. I hope Greer reconsiders and moves on as she can't shoot and has way too many unforced turnovers.

Comment

I think Greer gets more than her fair share of criticism, after Paiton and Tori , Haley Greer was the 3rd leading scorer with 9, just missing double didgits, let's face it, after Paiton and Tori, the whole team was weak offensively, we just had too hard of a time scoring and keeping control of the ball the entire shot clock possession. The last two games we scored 40 and 55 . Could Haley of played better , yes, but so could of the whole team. But as noted, the team played hard, all of them, and that's what we should really be happy about. We just need to figure out what we need to bolster our offensive capability without sacrificing anything defensively. Better days ahead, looking forward to those days with much optimism.

Comment

i think maybe some are underestimating the loss of myah a bit??

she was NOT just our best player!! she was the RUNAWAY best player in our conference. and also BY FAR our best facilitator. i am NOT putting her quite at n walter level at this time, but i think losing her would be nearly equal to taking nate off of those teams and then playing an ncaa tourney caliber team. how ya think that goes??? that is what i thought- N O T good

and AGAIN!!! do you realize how freaking close we were to winning this game. i know final score ended at about down 15 but we were a bucket down with about 6 minutes and they WERE NOT scoring well either YEAH we shot 33% from field but they shot under 37% we make a couple buckets and get a 2 possession lead in last 5 minutes i am not sure they dont crumble. heaven knows if they have the same level of composure as thier coach that is what happens

did you think somehow we were gonna come in without myah against ALL THAT size and have a pretty game and an easy win???? come on folks!! there was no way other than win ugly and the jacks came damn close to doing that.

that said i think haley is a super good kid or they would not have brought her in for 1 year, now 2. and i hope with additional time with team and so on that she will settle in a bit more bc she still seems to force quite a bit. IRONICALLY i would like and i think many of us would like to see tylee force a bit more. she seems to be the player we needed to just put her head down and try to make something happen but it seems she is never gonna do that. haley seems to want to try and i think would be better if she STOP.

she had 8 turnover in under 25 minutes game time. that is about a TO in 1 of 3 possession by one player. again they struggled as a team for most part and they win and lose as a team but that is a lot of turnovers. like i said yesterday i think take away 3-5 TO we probably win

anyway REALLY not trying to rip on haley but it was a bad day

Comment

Working...
                                X