OT: hs tourney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: hs tourney

wasn't sure where to put this, but, now that it's tourney time in SD, i know of the gal from SF Wash and Bella Swedlund from Winner---however, who might be some of the other names to watch during the tournament?

Haleigh Timmer, SDSU commit, will be playing for STM in the class A tournament.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rimmer View Post
      wasn't sure where to put this, but, now that it's tourney time in SD, i know of the gal from SF Wash and Bella Swedlund from Winner---however, who might be some of the other names to watch during the tournament?
      The girl from BV (ClassAA) Hilary Behrens has an offer from the Jacks, very good player, as they all are, Fox from Mount Vernon Plankington(A), but they didn't make the Tournament this yr, Avery Broughton from Corsica-Stickney(B) has an offer I believe, Wash (AA) has another Mwenentanda , is a high prospect too. OG'S Ronseik, sister of Emma who's playing for Creighton in the Big East. The still young girl from Flandreau(A), Claire Sheppard is being looked at hard as a future prospect, just recently mentioned. Definitely Haleigh Timmer, already mentioned, joins the team nxt season. Bella from Winner(classA), you've mentioned. The 6'5" girl from SFW you mentioned is Sydney Schetnan, or were you referring to Ndjakalenga Mwenentanda? That's all I've heard talked about on the board. Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by rimmer View Post
        Hilary Behrens (Brandon Valley), Hannah Ronsiek (O'Gorman), Claire Sheppard (Flandreau), and Haleigh Timmer (St. Thomas More, SDSU commit) all have SDSU offers and will be playing. Avery Broughton has an offer, but a torn ACL has held her out for a while. The two from SFW, Schetnan and Mwenentanda, should be fun to watch but they will not end up at SDSU. Schetnan is headed to Louisville for BB and VB, while Mwenentanda is a top 50 national recruit with a Top 10 list that includes Oregon, Stanford, UCLA, and Texas, among others.

Other players to watch: Mahli Abdouch (O'Gorman FR), Lexi Unruh (Sioux Falls Christian, Creighton commit), Reese Ross (St. Thomas More), Caelyn Valandra-Prue (White River, USD track commit), Bella Swedlund (Winner)

Comment

OH that is a bummer. i have seen the valandra prue gal play a couple times. i really like her game. i imagine she will be a real pain in the butt for us. but i do think we have two really excellent guards coming in!! has anyone heard how paige meyer season is ended or ending? idk why it is so hard to find info about minnesota hs games. really hope she will be a 2000pt high school scorer whose scoring ability will translate to the D1 level

Comment

Valandra-Prue is an incredible all-around athlete. Not sure if SDSU ever recruited her for track or WBB, but I would've loved seeing her wearing blue. Paige Meyer is averaging 20.7 PPG, while Albany is currently 15-1 according to mngirlsbasketballhub. Here's a few Meyer highlights if anyone's interested. https://www.hudl.com/profile/8955293/Paige-Meyer

Comment

yes that is what i noticed. CVP is a heck of an athlete. like i said i saw not ton of her game action so i definitely do not have the whole picture, but looked like her game could lack a little polish. little more of an athlete who plays bball than a bball player who is a great athlete. again could be wrong, but like i said i am sure she will find a way to be a big pain in the rear for us)

anyone know? is paige more of a shooter or a scorer?? i really hope she can shoot it like crazy. she is much smaller than the guards AJ usually prefers and i am definitely a fan of the long perimeter players also, but everything i have seen about her sounds great. hoping a bit of a combo between maddie guebert and like a liv korngable. shoot like maddie and contribute early like maddie but with some of the playmaker ability that korngable has shown this year. might as well hope big right)))

Comment

Just watched STM take down MCM. I will say this is the only game I have seen STM play. My initial thoughts about Haleigh is she might be the next Chloe Lamb. She has the versatility and quickness. I don't know the background on Reese Ross but for a sophmore she appears to have quite a bit of potential as well.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                  Just watched STM take down MCM. I will say this is the only game I have seen STM play. My initial thoughts about Haleigh is she might be the next Chloe Lamb. She has the versatility and quickness. I don't know the background on Reese Ross but for a sophmore she appears to have quite a bit of potential as well.
                  I should have watched that. at work i had the washington girls game on in the background.

Do we still have a chance at Bella swelund? I was hoping to catch her playing also.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post

I should have watched that. at work i had the washington girls game on in the background.

Do we still have a chance at Bella swelund? I was hoping to catch her playing also.
                    I don't even think we've offered Swedlund. I could be wrong but the interest on her from the instate DI programs isn't all that intense.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

I don't even think we've offered Swedlund. I could be wrong but the interest on her from the instate DI programs isn't all that intense.
                      Ok, thanks Montana, I thought she was one of the bigger targets for recruits instate.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Man, the Abdouch girl from O'Gorman looks to be the real deal. She needs to find the weight room, but already as a Freshman has so much composure and BB savy. Can't wait to watch her develop.

Comment

hey badass, wow i am a dumass) i was looking at the list of players again and FINALLY noticed for first time that you said CVP from white river is commited for track. so i guess hopefully that means she wont be too much of a pain for us bball wise))

i usually work evenings but i hope i get to watch swedlund play. i claim ZERO expertise here but what seems to be case is she is a skilled bball player but not particularly big not particularly fast/ athletic and not particularly a great shooter. have heard about her for such a long time curious to see her and if she is not being recruited by D1s hopefully she is not taking that as a big insult. LOTS of fantastic ball players are not d1 players.

when my players stated to me the goal of playing BIG college basketball i always said you have to have a size advantage OR be an athletic F R E A K OR be able to shoot it like a son of a gun!! really cannot do much about the size. have some ability to improve speed and athleticism. i think shooting you have the most control but there is certainly a God given element here also. you HAVE TO have one of them and best to have some combo of 2 or 3

Comment

Interestingly, Swedlund has a long list of D1 offers, but only one from a Summit team (Omaha). She has/had offers from Illinois, Colorado State, Montana, Montana State, Navy, Illinois State, St. Thomas, Portland, Eastern Michigan, Eastern Illinois, Toledo, Lehigh, and Grand Canyon. I don't think your assessment is too far off, however, Bella is a great shooter and natural scorer. Winner is just about to tip off against Dakota Valley in their first game.

Comment

obviously i could go to the sdhsaa page and find her hieght, but if i recall isnt she about 5'8ish? is she good enough shooter to get and make her shot consistently against 6' athletic players. i cannot say i have any idea, as i said not seen her and anxious to. thank you for the additional info!!

and i said before ZERO insult in not getting D1 offers, EVEN LESS insult not getting offers from the jacks or usd. you list some good schools there. navy is an honor for several reasons and some of those schools are in prestigious conferences but in my honest opinion not a single team listed would be favored in a game against either one of a healthy jacks or usd squad, maybe not even on their own floor. so BIG congratulations to her on the offers but i still hope she takes no insult from lack of offer from in state schools. and if one of those is her dream, who knows?? she still has some time to make it happen

Comment

Working...
                              X