No announcement yet.

2021 NCAA Tourney Talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i believe what r lobo was saying, but i could be wrong- i do not pretend to know every detail of how uconn sets up their D! i believe she meant it is LOT harder to help if clark can stay in the middle of the floor. so they try to keep her on one side when she has the ball. then every player from the other side of floor can be at least partially in the paint if not completely in

on the ball side of the floor, basically if you think of a pass from player with ball to player you are guarding, how much ground could you recover while the ball was in the air on pass to your player. THAT is kinda the starting point to how far off your player you can be. you would like to be able to recover to good fundamental guarding position while the ball is in the air.

from there coaches/ teams can adjust from game to game and player to player depending on the quality / ability of each player. SO it they strictly do NOT want clark to beat them and are willing to COMPLETELY dare any other player on the team to beat them then most to all the defenders can cheat further in clarks direction, i am not familiar with clarks teammates but i am guessing someone else can score ok or knock down wide open shots. the bigger the threat of the other player the closer you stay to them

maybe an example- i would say what lobo is suggesting is VERY much like the way UND played against noah in second game at frost. first game he had about 26 with at least 5 3s maybe 6 or 7, second game they had a person who NEVER helped off of noah. ALWAYS at least one player with in about 5 feet of him no matter how far away from the ball he was and when he had the ball at least one more if not two more players where cheating significantly in his direction.

he did not score nearly as well as night before but i think both posts were around 20 and they got thumped by a very similar score

i hope this is what you were asking me to explain. sorry maybe you already got all this. and i am sure plenty of others do. i do not mean in any way to sound like ANY kind of know it all!! i am far from that!! i usually refer to myself as a knucklehead, but this is the question i understood you to be asking and i tried to explain as briefly and simply as i could

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
      i believe what r lobo was saying, but i could be wrong- i do not pretend to know every detail of how uconn sets up their D! i believe she meant it is LOT harder to help if clark can stay in the middle of the floor. so they try to keep her on one side when she has the ball. then every player from the other side of floor can be at least partially in the paint if not completely in

on the ball side of the floor, basically if you think of a pass from player with ball to player you are guarding, how much ground could you recover while the ball was in the air on pass to your player. THAT is kinda the starting point to how far off your player you can be. you would like to be able to recover to good fundamental guarding position while the ball is in the air.

from there coaches/ teams can adjust from game to game and player to player depending on the quality / ability of each player. SO it they strictly do NOT want clark to beat them and are willing to COMPLETELY dare any other player on the team to beat them then most to all the defenders can cheat further in clarks direction, i am not familiar with clarks teammates but i am guessing someone else can score ok or knock down wide open shots. the bigger the threat of the other player the closer you stay to them

maybe an example- i would say what lobo is suggesting is VERY much like the way UND played against noah in second game at frost. first game he had about 26 with at least 5 3s maybe 6 or 7, second game they had a person who NEVER helped off of noah. ALWAYS at least one player with in about 5 feet of him no matter how far away from the ball he was and when he had the ball at least one more if not two more players where cheating significantly in his direction.

he did not score nearly as well as night before but i think both posts were around 20 and they got thumped by a very similar score

i hope this is what you were asking me to explain. sorry maybe you already got all this. and i am sure plenty of others do. i do not mean in any way to sound like ANY kind of know it all!! i am far from that!! i usually refer to myself as a knucklehead, but this is the question i understood you to be asking and i tried to explain as briefly and simply as i could
      Thanks, you don't sound like a knucklehead to me, so you are leaps and bounds ahead of me, thanks again for the info, greatly appreciated.

Comment

Watching the Louisville vs Stanford game in the 4th quarter. My Lord, they didn't play that well in the first half but it would take every all star almost that SDSU has ever had to compete with the size, athletic ability, shooting they have. Uffda.

Comment

absolutely ONE HUNDRED PERCENT hafta disagree with you here farmer.

we already have played against these type of teams and handled it very competitively

2 years ago we played against oregon twice and were very competitive with them. that exact team had the #1 and #2 and #8 pick in last year wnba draft. tough to play more talent than that on one team.

3 years ago we played baylor, who i believe won it all that year and lost to them by 6 i believe on a neutral floor, and as i recall we had the ball with a chance to tie or take the lead in the last couple minutes of that one

so we already ABSOLUTELY can and do compete with these teams. DEFINITELY when the 2 teams walk on the floor we do not look the same as they do, but when the ball goes up in the air we can compete.

NOW we are two years removed from losing the all time best player in program history and another top 4 all time scorer and we beat THREE top 20 teams, go 20-2 in the regular season and win 4 games after the runaway conference POY goes down for the season

we are incredibly good and going nowhere but UP, go back to any of those games and add a post player like alexis markowski or a player like the Ibis girl from omaha who went to AZ St or another shooter somewhere in the range of maddie and we win 1 or 2 of those games. add 2 of those players and we probably win them all.

obviously anyone can disagree but i believe we are right at the doorstep of consistently getting those recruits

that all said NO disrespect to those teams. you are talking about incredibly talented individuals and teams, but i will say it again coach nagy said it over and over and over- team beats talent every day. that is what the jacks do so so well. they get very good players and they get them to play as a team and do so many of the little things at a very very high level

example outrebounding a team like syracuse, who was WAY bigger than us, by 8 boards

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
            absolutely ONE HUNDRED PERCENT hafta disagree with you here farmer.

we already have played against these type of teams and handled it very competitively

2 years ago we played against oregon twice and were very competitive with them. that exact team had the #1 and #2 and #8 pick in last year wnba draft. tough to play more talent than that on one team.

3 years ago we played baylor, who i believe won it all that year and lost to them by 6 i believe on a neutral floor, and as i recall we had the ball with a chance to tie or take the lead in the last couple minutes of that one

so we already ABSOLUTELY can and do compete with these teams. DEFINITELY when the 2 teams walk on the floor we do not look the same as they do, but when the ball goes up in the air we can compete.

NOW we are two years removed from losing the all time best player in program history and another top 4 all time scorer and we beat THREE top 20 teams, go 20-2 in the regular season and win 4 games after the runaway conference POY goes down for the season

we are incredibly good and going nowhere but UP, go back to any of those games and add a post player like alexis markowski or a player like the Ibis girl from omaha who went to AZ St or another shooter somewhere in the range of maddie and we win 1 or 2 of those games. add 2 of those players and we probably win them all.

obviously anyone can disagree but i believe we are right at the doorstep of consistently getting those recruits

that all said NO disrespect to those teams. you are talking about incredibly talented individuals and teams, but i will say it again coach nagy said it over and over and over- team beats talent every day. that is what the jacks do so so well. they get very good players and they get them to play as a team and do so many of the little things at a very very high level

example outrebounding a team like syracuse, who was WAY bigger than us, by 8 boards
            You are most likely correct. With the Jacks it usually appears that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. I guess I should have been more clear, Stanford, in most of the 2nd half was a well oiled machine. They looked unbeatable, but a half doesn't make a whole game either.
            I am still really disappointed about losing AM, I think she is the impact player that would have taken the Jacks to a new level.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post

You are most likely correct. With the Jacks it usually appears that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. I guess I should have been more clear, Stanford, in most of the 2nd half was a well oiled machine. They looked unbeatable, but a half doesn't make a whole game either.
              I am still really disappointed about losing AM, I think she is the impact player that would have taken the Jacks to a new level.
              I think Meyer may be even better than AM, but would have been great to have both. Getting Meister (sp?) would be a great get that improves the front court to a top half P5 level.

Byom is poised to make a big jump and if she can shoot the 3 like AJ says she can, she will be a Sjerven type player with more offensive prowess. She just needs to keep improving and work on her defense, she can be a SL MVP type player with her size and athleticism.

Comment

Originally posted by AZjack View Post

I think Meyer may be even better than AM, but would have been great to have both. Getting Meister (sp?) would be a great get that improves the front court to a top half P5 level.

Byom is poised to make a big jump and if she can shoot the 3 like AJ says she can, she will be a Sjerven type player with more offensive prowess. She just needs to keep improving and work on her defense, she can be a SL MVP type player with her size and athleticism.
                If you mean Lilly, she committed to the Hoosiers last fall

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

If you mean Lilly, she committed to the Hoosiers last fall
                  Thanks, hadn't seen that.

Was interesting that Meyer's offer list was a lot better than Miester so I'm hoping the Jacks got the better player between the two.

Comment

Originally posted by AZjack View Post

Thanks, hadn't seen that.

Was interesting that Meyer's offer list was a lot better than Miester so I'm hoping the Jacks got the better player between the two.
                    My hope is Meister transfers to the Jacks as some point. Really like her game and if she is ever dissatisfied in Bloomington she can't ignore her Jackrabbit pedigree!

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post

My hope is Meister transfers to the Jacks as some point. Really like her game and if she is ever dissatisfied in Bloomington she can't ignore her Jackrabbit pedigree!
                      The article I linked to mentioned she has a younger sister who might have interest

Comment

Working...
                      X