GDT: Game 1 SLT Jackrabbits(1) vs Mavs(8) 11:45am@Pentagon ESPN3/Midco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
    Don’t look now but it appears UNO is on its way to the finals!
    Crazy but after seeing how good their posts were against us, I’m not 100% surprised. They’ve got potential and are better than their record. If they win it all it’ll create havoc for bubble teams so I’m cheering for them now.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post

Yep. Im blaming the venue...
      I guess I'll blame it on the ability to shoot the ball. I would like to know who you can rely on to hit 3-pointers, free throws and shots like that? Are Burckhard, Irwin, Vlastuin and possibly Stapleton the main shooters on the team? Lindsey, Greer, Nesheim, Nelson, Theisen, are just inconsistent shooters. You pack it in against this team and take your chances.
      I would have played Vlaestuin , Byom and Stapleton more when the other players were struggling. I know those 3 players weren't lighting it up but they have had games that they got hot.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post

I guess I'll blame it on the ability to shoot the ball. I would like to know who you can rely on to hit 3-pointers, free throws and shots like that? Are Burckhard, Irwin, Vlastuin and possibly Stapleton the main shooters on the team? Lindsey, Greer, Nesheim, Nelson, Theisen, are just inconsistent shooters. You pack it in against this team and take your chances.
        I would have played Vlaestuin , Byom and Stapleton more when the other players were struggling. I know those 3 players weren't lighting it up but they have had games that they got hot.
        I was thinking same thing with bench more. Byom down low thought maybe could have used lentfh to get them in foul trouble.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Now that the memory of the agony of defeat has dimmed, I think there's a lot to look forward to ahead. Thanks to our coaching staff , we are in an admirable position for an at-large spot in the Tournament. Isn't that what the fans and players are ultimately looking forward to at the start of every season? Although not carved into stone all indications are looking very favorable to accomplishing that very important goal. That said, from this point forward it's to play our best, no matter where, and in the end the team can look back with pride knowing they gave it their very best shot. Many collegiate athletes NEVER get this opportunity, to be included in the field of 64 teams with the regularity the Jackrabbits WBB team have has surely been a blessing. Now, after that reflection , we can figure out ways to get better and continue on even better. Just thought I'd briefly reflect on how fortunate we've been. Did not mean to interrupt the brain storming going on for ways to get better, that's a good thing and shows we have very passionate fans who care , that's a huge part of our strength going forward as well.

Comment

Working...
          X