Tylee Irwin Returning !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tylee Irwin Returning !

Fargo sports reporter Dom Izzo just tweeted that Tylee will be returning for the 21/22 season. Great news for the Jacks !

That's a good deal. She's a real asset to the team.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
      That's a good deal. She's a real asset to the team.
      Understatement.

Comment

AWESOME news!!!!!!!!! i know she had a tough weekend shooting at ORU but i really think she is a first team all conference player. now if we can just follow this with news that Sjervin intends to go overseas to pursue professional hoops) actually it is more fun to beat great opponents and it is definitely better for the jacks to have other teams in conference be good. i just HATE it to be USD))

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
          AWESOME news!!!!!!!!! i know she had a tough weekend shooting at ORU but i really think she is a first team all conference player. now if we can just follow this with news that Sjervin intends to go overseas to pursue professional hoops) actually it is more fun to beat great opponents and it is definitely better for the jacks to have other teams in conference be good. i just HATE it to be USD))
          Question on Sjerven's eligibility. When the NCAA said that this season doesn't count for eligibility, did they also waive the five years to play 4 rule ? Since she sat out a transfer season and has played four, next year would be her sixth season.

Comment

my understanding is that this year basically does NOT count in any way. Therefore, anyone who is playing this year will still be eligible next year for whatever number of years they would have had remaining if this year had been normal. but i ABSOLUTELY claim zero expertise here so i easily admit i could be wrong

Comment

sjervin is really the one player i can imagine leaving. i guess maybe if Myah was a senior this year, i could imagine her taking a shot at pro ball overseas, but my guess is that almost everyone will come back unless the team/ school helps them to see that they will not have a significant role and the time/ resources/ etc... need to go to a younger player with more eligibility. speaking of players who can return, i have wondered this for a few years. i believe at one time C Lamb was verbal commit to the jacks. am i wrong?? if so what happened? as i said before i really never cheer for USD and generally would not want too many of their players, but she is one of the few through the years that i really wish we had. imagine the current team with her shooting) i have just always liked the way she plays. i think also some of it is that there has always been good history for the jacks with players from sully buttes. anyway, just wondering

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Question on Sjerven's eligibility. When the NCAA said that this season doesn't count for eligibility, did they also waive the five years to play 4 rule ? Since she sat out a transfer season and has played four, next year would be her sixth season.
                Selland is going to be in the same boat if this year counts towards that rule correct? Or does getting a medical redshirt extend that a year?

Players are going to have to decide if they want to delay life plans to play another year of college basketball.

Comment

to my understanding, EVERY player will begin next year in the same position they would have started this year, had there been no covid BS. Myah will have 2 more years along with Paiton and Lindsay T. the freshman will have 4 more years, so you know Tierney Coleman gets to count this as a practice year before beginning her real 4 year career)) that is fun to think about) Noah and Baylor will have 3 more years, etc.......

Comment

nobody has any thoughts or info on the Chloe Lamb situation? maybe i am wrong and there was never any chance of her coming to state. from what i could kind of gather it seem like when Myah committed, we lost Chloe. maybe we had 3 scholarships available and decided to give them to tylee, lindsay, and myah, and asked chloe to walk on and she decided to simply walk out?? anyway all speculation for me, but i thought at one point i heard some rumors about this. sure would have been nice to add her to that class, which is already excellent, but at the end of the day it does not matter. i was just curious

Comment

This is exciting news! She has really come on this year and you can see her having much more confidence in her offensively ability this year. The ORU weekend was brutal, but that has been the anomaly this year. What really is key is that she is our best on-ball defender. Her combination of length and athleticism is just something that players on the other team really struggle with. Keeping this team together for another year and hopefully adding a couple of additional perimeter players sure makes this team scary. Now if we can only develop the offense games of another big to fill another scoring role for when Paiton is out of the game...

Sjerven is another question. Since she already had a redshirt year is she really going to want to put her career/life on hold for yet another year? Likely a question each senior is going to have to ask themselves, especially if they are in a field where they need to start doing clinical rotations, internships, etc. We may see a lot more grad transfers after next year from players moving to a different school to pursue that grad degree that their current school doesn't offer.

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
                        nobody has any thoughts or info on the Chloe Lamb situation? maybe i am wrong and there was never any chance of her coming to state. from what i could kind of gather it seem like when Myah committed, we lost Chloe. maybe we had 3 scholarships available and decided to give them to tylee, lindsay, and myah, and asked chloe to walk on and she decided to simply walk out?? anyway all speculation for me, but i thought at one point i heard some rumors about this. sure would have been nice to add her to that class, which is already excellent, but at the end of the day it does not matter. i was just curious
                        My understanding is we had an offer to Chloe, but likely would have to ask her how she ended up at USD. Typically a coach offers a number of players at a position and it's sort of first-come-first-served. I've seen coaches pull offers from players after they have filled a certain position. Now obviously I don't know what happened in Chloe's case. Perhaps we pulled the offer after filling our open spots or maybe after LT was signed coach didn't feel he needed another guard. Or perhaps Chloe just chose USD over us. Doesn't really matter, there are lots of great players that we've missed out on in hindsight. But also a lot of successes as well. USD has build a strong program so it's not surprising that someone would choose them over us, maybe especially in a Covid world where players don't get to fully view the crap-hole that is Vermillion...

Comment

Do the seniors getting another year affect our scholarship limit, or are they just added regardless? If USD gets Sjerven back, it really helps to get Tylee back to offset that quite a bit I believe. I was hoping she'd return. GB,GB,GJ

Comment

Mr steel, thank you for your response!! yes yes i agree with you. i have no trouble understanding WHY she chose USD. my only question was that i thought i heard that she ACTUALLY was, at one point, committed to state. just wondered if that was true and if so what happened from there. but yes i agree with you if it was only an offer, i absolutely understand all the reasons you mentioned as reason for pulling. no doubt that was a GREAT recruiting class. LT scored over 3000 points in high school, Tylee all time leading scorer in ND i believe or very close and ND miss bball, and myah who probably has a few rooms full of awards. so it makes sense that if we had only an offer to Chloe that it could have been pulled after those 3 committs. any way, again i was simply curious about thinking she was maybe a committ at some point.

and as i have said often i HATE USD, and you are TOTALLY correct vermillion is a complete craphole and nothing about the school or their philosophy or thier administration and staff reflects anything about SD, but as a womens bball program NO DOUBT they are top notch, so i hate it but i understand why good bball players want to go there. actually i wonder why good basketball players in this area choose schools such as creighton and drake over SDSU and USD. seems they are choosing to live in cities like omaha and des moines instead of a craphole or brookings, but basketball wise those are VERY OBVIOUSLY a notch below the SD schools and their opportunity to play in the tourney are much lower, to me it is even to the point where for basketball reasons it really does not even make sense for players to choose schools like iowa, nebraska, and minnesota over the SD schools. for instance the markowski girl. of course UNL is UNL and if she wanted that experience then she wanted that experience. but i guarantee you in the time she is at UNL that she will win a lot lot less games and play in less NCAA tourney than she would have by sticking to her decision to go to state. obviously iowa has a better program than the other 2 i mentioned, but you have to go a long distance to find another school that has a chance to win as many games and play in as many tourney as the two SD schools, and i think both schools are getting to the point where simply making the tourney will be the expectation. i think if both schools make the tourney this year both schools WILL WIN at least one tournament game and have a good shot at the round of 16 and i think we are very close to the point where that will be what is normal and not the anomaly

Comment

sorry i said simply making the tourney will be the expectation, obviously i meant that will not be the expectation. it is close to almost an assumption that both schools make the tourney and close to expectation that at least one will win a game. if either team plays a team ranked top ten in the country they are definitely the underdog, against a team generally rated between 10-25 on a neutral floor it is a 50/50 game. against any team rated outside top 25 i think the SD schools are favored, definitely at home or neutral floor. it is a bummer the markowski girl decided to go to an clearly inferior bball school for non bball reasons because that will be the piece that moves us to the next level. when we get an elite post player who can truly compete with the posts at schools such as oregon, s carolina, etc... idk if she was quite that level but i think she might have been a different level that what we have had in the post so far

Comment

Working...
                              X