GDT: Panthers vs #25 Jackrabbits Round 2 2pm @ Frost Midco/ESPN3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Panthers vs #25 Jackrabbits Round 2 2pm @ Frost Midco/ESPN3

The Jackrabbits manage 2 road wins this week. Now is the home floor for a rematch shot at the 3-3 Panthers. The Panthers lost heir last home game to Iowa State. The Jackrabbits should be able to shoot better than 33% today and score more than 48 points. The Jackrabbit roster has been looking for players to fill different needs as injury has Greer on the sideline this week. Hopefully she is ready to return, but the injury has not been explained at this point other than non covid health issue. We can wish her well for a speedy recovery anyway. A great way to enter the break would be a win over UNI. Merry Christmas. Go Jacks!!

(I hope the refs are in town. There seems to be some blowing snow in Brookings.)
    Last edited by OldHare; 12-23-2020, 11:29 AM.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Greer has splint on nose

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

UNI not getting away with all of the contact they were down in Cedar Falls...so far anyway.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

What is it about UNI that makes us struggle so much?

NDSU smoked them and UNI hasn't been great in other games.

Comment

Some teams are just troublesome, K-State is one we've never won, was surprised by that, Creighton for awhile, Green Bay was alway's tough, and dare I say USD , even when we had the clear and evident better team....Marquette....seems like the last few games we've played them were losses , even with Macy & Maddie?? FGCU , always close, but they seem to eek out a win somehow lately.
          Last edited by jackdaniel; 12-23-2020, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Offensive flow much better for the Jacks after the break.

Comment

Jacks with some bad turnovers the last few times down the floor.

Comment

74-63 win with a great second half. Strong defense and sharing the ball gave the Jacks the win today. All starters were in double figures, but only 5 bench points. UNI only had 1 player in double figures with 12 points.
                Rollin' in my 5.0
                With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Man, we really struggle to find bench production the last few years. That was a strength of ours early in the D1 days but has really point a point of weakness for us the last few years. Great starters, but lack depth. Frankly outside of Nesheim and Byom, the rest look lost out there.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                    Man, we really struggle to find bench production the last few years. That was a strength of ours early in the D1 days but has really point a point of weakness for us the last few years. Great starters, but lack depth. Frankly outside of Nesheim and Byom, the rest look lost out there.
                    Getting Greer and hopefully Theisen back will be a big help. Nesheim struggles offensively, but she has the potential to be an elite defender and rebounder.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                      Hopefully once Greer is back that will help with bench production. Whether it is her coming off the bench or Irwin goes back to being the 6th woman and provides scoring off the bench. But to be honest once it comes down to it most coaches shrink their bench to around 8 players anyways so while it would be nice to have 10 or 11 players that can produce for just about every team in the country that is unrealistic. Most teams have 7 or 8 that play the bulk of the minutes and players 9-12 might play 5-8 min a game and if those players give you point production most of the time that is just a bonus.

Comment

Post game
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWop8PklhSQ

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Getting Greer and hopefully Theisen back will be a big help. Nesheim struggles offensively, but she has the potential to be an elite defender and rebounder.
                          I think Regan can contribute offensively. Seems like a lot of young players struggle a bit offensively early on. Seems they rush some shots. She’s had some good finishes at the rim which tells me the skills are there.

Her defense and rebounding are already very very good. She plays with a high motor.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

I think Regan can contribute offensively. Seems like a lot of young players struggle a bit offensively early on. Seems they rush some shots. She’s had some good finishes at the rim which tells me the skills are there.

Her defense and rebounding are already very very good. She plays with a high motor.
                            I agree that her offense will come. But for now, she will earn major minutes with the rest of her game. It would be interesting to know what her wingspan is. Her arms look extremely long for her height.

Comment

Now the women can head home for the Holidays and get some rest, they've earned it. It will be quite a while before they hit the court for another game....hope they all enjoy their time off.

Comment

Working...
                              X