Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DI recruiting...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • DI recruiting...

    i am just curious if anyone has the numbers....since the Jackrabbits have turned to DI, does anyone have the information on how many top 100 recruits AJ has had committed to SDSU? i know it can't be too many, so, it's definitely a testimony to what AJ has been able to do. i believe he has an uncanny ability to put together a squad that can form great chemistry.

  • #2
    Megan Waytashek, Holy cow, i am drawing a blank on the girl from Fort Pierre, left at the last minute to go to Purdont, and, a girl who transfered in a couple years ago but didnt play and transfered out the next year, i think she might have been. Waytashek is the only one i am certain.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done. Arnold Palmer

    Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by goon View Post
      Megan Waytashek, Holy cow, i am drawing a blank on the girl from Fort Pierre, left at the last minute to go to Purdont, and, a girl who transfered in a couple years ago but didnt play and transfered out the next year, i think she might have been. Waytashek is the only one i am certain.
      Was it Sam Ostarello who went to Purdue and Tonioa Wade, who transfered in fron Marquette (???? not sure on that} sat out a yr as red shirt , and left before ever playing as a jackrabbit, don't know whatever happened to her after she left.Correction, Wade came fron St Johns, not Marquette, seen her bio from ST JOHNS 2014-2015 say she was a 4 star recruit....funny, never heard much about her if that was the case after she left.
      Last edited by jackdaniel; 08-24-2020, 04:21 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
        Was it Sam Ostarello who went to Purdue and Tonioa Wade, who transfered in fron Marquette (???? not sure on that} sat out a yr as red shirt , and left before ever playing as a jackrabbit, don't know whatever happened to her after she left.Correction, Wade came fron St Johns, not Marquette, seen her bio from ST JOHNS 2014-2015 say she was a 4 star recruit....funny, never heard much about her if that was the case after she left.
        Ostarello did attend Purdue

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
          Was it Sam Ostarello who went to Purdue and Tonioa Wade, who transfered in fron Marquette (???? not sure on that} sat out a yr as red shirt , and left before ever playing as a jackrabbit, don't know whatever happened to her after she left.Correction, Wade came fron St Johns, not Marquette, seen her bio from ST JOHNS 2014-2015 say she was a 4 star recruit....funny, never heard much about her if that was the case after she left.
          Yes. Those are the 2 players i was thinking of.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done. Arnold Palmer

          Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

          Comment


          • #6
            I believe Alexis (Lexi) Alexander was a top 100 recruit. I wanna say she was 95 in her class or somewhere just inside the top 100.
            Rollin' in my 5.0
            With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
            Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

            Comment


            • #7
              Myah Selland carried a 3-star and 90 scouts grade by ESPN. She was the 22nd ranked forward in the class of 2017, but did not crack the top 100 overall.

              Madison Guebert was a 4-star recruit and had a 94 scouts grade by ESPN. She was ranked as the 25th best point guard and #83 overall recruit of the 2015 class.

              Tagyn Larson was a 3-star recruit and a 90 scouts grade by ESPN. She was the 15th ranked wing and #100 overall in the class of 2015.

              Guebert and Larson were the first class to have two players ranked in top 100.

              Arguably the two best players to play collegiate basketball in South Dakota were not ranked in the top 100. I could not find Macy Miller or Ciara Duffy's names on the list.

              (USD got a pretty good one in their 2020 class. Maddie Krull from Millard South - Omaha, is ranked #67 overall and carries a 85 scouts grade and 4-stars.)


              Comment


              • #8
                I noticed the Scouts Grade and the ranking of the class don't necessarily jive with one another, I suppose that's because of the talent pool is always changing, some years there's more talent,and some years less. Besides that, the ranking is always subjective according to what the ranking authority supposes, so that might explain Macy and Ciara being excluded in the rankings.Thanks for the info, very interesting.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Obviously, rankings at any level are subjective. National rankers use 'me-too' judgements from other writers, because no one can actually watch enough HS players against high quality foes. Summer ball including on-demand video's greatly improves evaluations, and identifies players' skills. Meaning, how well does she project to compete?

                  King/ESPN does not practice that due diligence. IMO, Miller, Selland, & Duffy get missed because publication deadline$ take priority over solid, thorough analysis. Easier to go with "me-too" rankings.

                  With 490 transfers in the NCAA portal 2019-20, alot of hubris and judgement errors were exposed.

                  AJ-&-Friends do commendable work to avoid poor fits into the SDSU culture of selfless dedication and team-first play. Spanking lesser teams/players in the HS season forecasts little about college-level potentials. But seeing summer tournaments against equal/better talent is a huge "Eureka" step towards targeting young players for recognition and future offers.

                  Would not an objective, data-driven recap of so-called ranked players' college performances be awesome - starting with Miller's & Duffy's grad years. Does not sell subscriptions to point out that King/ESPN wears no clothes.
                  Last edited by GrandpaLee; 10-07-2020, 12:59 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Thanks for your "in depth analysis" grandpa Lee , I really enjoy reading your posts because how informative they are. Thanks for sharing.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by GrandpaLee View Post
                      Obviously, rankings at any level are subjective. National rankers use 'me-too' judgements from other writers, because no one can actually watch enough HS players against high quality foes. Summer ball including on-demand video's greatly improves evaluations, and identifies players' skills. Meaning, how well does she project to compete?

                      King/ESPN does not practice that due diligence. IMO, Miller, Selland, & Duffy get missed because publication deadline$ take priority over solid, thorough analysis. Easier to go with "me-too" rankings.

                      With 490 transfers in the NCAA portal 2019-20, alot of hubris and judgement errors were exposed.

                      AJ-&-Friends do commendable work to avoid poor fits into the SDSU culture of selfless dedication and team-first play. Spanking lesser teams/players in the HS season forecasts little about college-level potentials. But seeing summer tournaments against equal/better talent is a huge "Eureka" step towards targeting young players for recognition and future offers.

                      Would not an objective, data-driven recap of so-called ranked players' college performances be awesome - starting with Miller's & Duffy's grad years. Does not sell subscriptions to point out that King/ESPN wears no clothes.
                      Explain the fourth statement. You have constantly talked about kids who dont fit that culture. Explain, in your most UN-STM/ UN-grampa like bias way.

                      Getting old seeing you spill opinions on past platforms or forums about certain kids not being "team players or good enough" when you have never spoken to that kid or know anything about them. Heck, maybe AJ calls you for your analysis or writings on how certain kids play soft schedules or dont have dedication. Or maybe because they don't play for North Tartan they are not elite enough in your eyes. Five-six D1 level kids in SD 2022 class, no one should down play their effort or skill level. Look at those kids highlights, offer lists, teams etc. Judge for yourself. If they dont fit SDSU fine, but dont claim selfishness or Non team player as the out. Peace out. PM if you want the truth and not bias angles

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by rushmore bball View Post

                        Explain the fourth statement. You have constantly talked about kids who dont fit that culture. Explain, in your most UN-STM/ UN-grampa like bias way.

                        Getting old seeing you spill opinions on past platforms or forums about certain kids not being "team players or good enough" when you have never spoken to that kid or know anything about them. Heck, maybe AJ calls you for your analysis or writings on how certain kids play soft schedules or dont have dedication. Or maybe because they don't play for North Tartan they are not elite enough in your eyes. Five-six D1 level kids in SD 2022 class, no one should down play their effort or skill level. Look at those kids highlights, offer lists, teams etc. Judge for yourself. If they dont fit SDSU fine, but dont claim selfishness or Non team player as the out. Peace out. PM if you want the truth and not bias angles
                        I have no suitable response - thanks for your thoughts.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by rushmore bball View Post

                          Five-six D1 level kids in SD 2022 class, no one should down play their effort or skill level. Look at those kids highlights, offer lists, teams etc. Judge for yourself. If they dont fit SDSU fine, but dont claim selfishness or Non team player as the out. Peace out. PM if you want the truth and not bias angles
                          Care to share any names? Swedlund, Mwenentanda, and Ronsiek are the three I'm familiar with, but I'd be interested to know who else to keep an eye out for.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X