interesting, but, flawed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• interesting, but, flawed...

how does USD coach get mentioned and AJ does not...perennial powerhouse of the Summit and recently hit the "Sweet Sixteen".
    https://www.silverwavesmedia.com/new...e/show/1114001

The article does call the school SDU rather than USD and tries to say she made the program into a powerhouse when that was actually Amy. I wouldn't consider it to be a well researched list or take too much from it. They included Tony Dorado from Nike on the list who coached boy's basketball before working for Nike. Not exactly an influential person for women's college basketball.
    Rollin' in my 5.0
    With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
    Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
      The article does call the school SDU rather than USD and tries to say she made the program into a powerhouse when that was actually Amy. I wouldn't consider it to be a well researched list or take too much from it. They included Tony Dorado from Nike on the list who coached boy's basketball before working for Nike. Not exactly an influential person for women's college basketball.
      no doubt Williams got the ball rolling, but, i think DP has done a great job at USD. i believe as long as she stays at USD, they will continue to contend for the top spot in the Summit. She and the staff have done a great job of recruiting. if you follow women's bb, then you know the P5 is pushing for more women to be hired as coaches. I think the only thing that will keep her at USD is if she just really feels at "home" in Vermillion. She may see some pretty decent offers in the very near future.
      Back to the article, just some interesting reading (with all that's going on)----yet, i kinda took it with a "grain of salt". DP and no AJ?

Comment

AJ and his coaching staff get the most out of his recruits, he works hard at it, and deserves much credit for developing talent and making the team successful year in and yr out.

Comment

Working...
        X