X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Macy Miller is back.....

https://gojacks.com/news/2020/6/11/m...asketball.aspx

As a GA.

Not sure if this Covid thing pushed her this direction or if this was her plan all along. With her known desire to remain close to home for college playing overseas may have not been for her.

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    https://gojacks.com/news/2020/6/11/m...asketball.aspx

As a GA.

Not sure if this Covid thing pushed her this direction or if this was her plan all along. With her known desire to remain close to home for college playing overseas may have not been for her.
    I think it was planned. A great player often has the desire to coach. Often they find out playing is fun, coaching is not. Other seem to be coach but are not that great of a player. The USD coach comes to mind. Not a great player but seems to be a great coach. We hear very little about AJ, playing career.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post

I think it was planned. A great player often has the desire to coach. Often they find out playing is fun, coaching is not. Other seem to be coach but are not that great of a player. The USD coach comes to mind. Not a great player but seems to be a great coach. We hear very little about AJ, playing career.
      Huh?

"A 1995 graduate of Michigan Tech, Plitzuweit earned back-to-back Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference Player of the Year awards, four all-conference honors and three all-defensive team nods. She led the Huskies to a 99-22 record and four trips to the NCAA Division II Tournament. She was a Division II Bulletin second-team All-America selection and a two-time Kodak All-America honorable mention pick (1994, 1995). She earned WBCA All-Academic accolades in 1994 and 1995 and was named Michigan’s NCAA Woman of the Year in 1995.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post

Isn't that because AJ didn't play in college?

It's ironic that both he and Stig followed similar coaching pathways independent of playing.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post

Huh?

"A 1995 graduate of Michigan Tech, Plitzuweit earned back-to-back Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference Player of the Year awards, four all-conference honors and three all-defensive team nods. She led the Huskies to a 99-22 record and four trips to the NCAA Division II Tournament. She was a Division II Bulletin second-team All-America selection and a two-time Kodak All-America honorable mention pick (1994, 1995). She earned WBCA All-Academic accolades in 1994 and 1995 and was named Michigan’s NCAA Woman of the Year in 1995.
          Boy did I screw that up. I am glad the Hamlin flash UWM, is on hand to correct me. A USD google would given this information. My apologies to Coach Plitzuweit.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Isn't that because AJ didn't play in college?

It's ironic that both he and Stig followed similar coaching pathways independent of playing.
            I think to be a successful coach, you have to be able to fully understand people ages 18-25 , know the game and love the game. I think AJ is a very compassionate coach. I know Coach Neiber had a certain patterns in recruiting and AJ has expanded on these patterns. There just has not been personnel problems that I am aware of which is not say they haven’t been there. The women’s program seems run very smoothly.

Whether you had successful player career is not a prerequisite. AJ and Stig are great examples.

Comment

And, I believe, Nidaros...you have more years ‘experience‘ in this world then I do. So, most SD State attendees back in the 60’s maybe just into 1970 knew Coach Marking...Jacks basketball. He maybe played some H.S. basketball but I believe that was it. He was passionate, compassionate and got the best out of players. What a record he had!! I don’t know the exact dates and records, but he was very highly thought of by everyone

Comment

Originally posted by 73alum View Post
                And, I believe, Nidaros...you have more years ‘experience‘ in this world then I do. So, most SD State attendees back in the 60’s maybe just into 1970 knew Coach Marking...Jacks basketball. He maybe played some H.S. basketball but I believe that was it. He was passionate, compassionate and got the best out of players. What a record he had!! I don’t know the exact dates and records, but he was very highly thought of by everyone
                Yes Jim Marking is another good example. I think he was on the team at Parkston. That is much I dare say, but a very attentive PE Major at SDSU. I believe he was looking for a coaching job and the only available was in Bruce SD coaching the Bruce Bees, who was Sinai only chance for a win. Some how Marking hooked up with Ford Kiner the supertindent at Hayti and the rest is history. A true Cub fan who drove to the highest hill to pick up a Cub broadcast. Jim was very a popular guy and well liked, knew the game and loved the game.

Comment

Working...
                X