GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits(12-3) vs NDSU Bison(6-8) @ Scheels Center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits(12-3) vs NDSU Bison(6-8) @ Scheels Center

Collins may have the WBB turning a corner in Fargo. They began the conference 1-5 and transformed the season to 6-8. He has shown more success with Walseths recruits than expected. The bison are currently looking like a 6 seed with the tiebreaker over 7 seed UND. The game is part of a doubleheader finale for the Jackrabbits. The women tip at 5 pm. If you read the Argus, the indication is 5:30 tip.. The ESPN+ and team sites still read 5 pm. The fans will have time between games to shop concessions. This will be a hard fought game as Coach Collins seems to dislike losing much more than Walseth seemed during her tenure. The game at Frost was a terrible showing by the Jackrabbits following the loss at Vermillion as the bison saw some vulnerable opponents that day. The Jackrabbits should be able to bring the A game and add a win to close the conference year. Go Jacks!!

Midco/ESPN+ 5pm
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

This game makes me pretty nervous. Like you said OH, the Bison started 1-5 and have since went 5-3. This game doesn't change anything for the Jacks, but it sure would be nice to win to keep the chins up on the ladies.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
      This game makes me pretty nervous. Like you said OH, the Bison started 1-5 and have since went 5-3. This game doesn't change anything for the Jacks, but it sure would be nice to win to keep the chins up on the ladies.
      I’m with you. In addition to being on a roll, NDSU will want this one badly and it is pretty meaningless for us. I’d still bet on the Jacks in a close one, but I would not be surprised at all if we pick up loss #3 tonight.

Comment

In the previous seasons, the Jacks have blown out the last couple opponents prior to the SLT, as a precursor to the SLT....UND was a good solid win, but not a blowout victory, I'd expect about the same with NDSU, even though it means not as much to us, we don't want to enter the SLT on a down note. I think if the coaching staff have any surprises, they probably would like to keep them for the Tournament in Sioux Falls. NDSU will wanna be tough at home, they'll not make it easy, for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
          In years past, this game wouldn't worry me at all. Yes, NDSU is 5-3 in their last 8 games but other than beating Denver at home (which SDSU did not do) and possibly winning @UND, their wins are not that impressive.
          They beat a 1-13 Fort Wayne team twice, a 2-12 Omaha team once, a 5-9 UND team both at home and on the road and then Denver at home. Denver is tied with ORU but those are the worst teams in the conference. The only easier schedule would have been if they played Omaha twice instead of playing Denver.
          This reminds me of when we played UND when they were 3-1 in the conference. They beat Omaha, Fort Wayne and Denver (I know it's matchups but these middle of the pack team seem to beat Denver).
          Or, this reminds me of Dad Prescott. He lights it up against teams like Washington, Miami and the Giants but against good teams he struggles. Carson Wentz looked like an all star against those teams, too.

Back to this game. IF SDSU play above average ball they should win, lay an egg and they could be in trouble.

Comment

26-10 at the quarter looks like the Jackrabbits want to tighten up their game for the SLT. It is early, but the sides on this hole are a bit deeper for the bison.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Watching Paiton use her "heft" to back in on the defender reminds me of Dentlinger. She is playing good across the board!

Comment

I hope I’m as wrong about the men’s game as it seems I am about this one. The Jacks looked about as dialed in as they have all year.

Comment

Man, I wish this team had a real 3-point shooting threat.
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                    Man, I wish this team had a real 3-point shooting threat.
                    No doubt. I said early in the season we had without a doubt the best frontcourt in the Summit. We also had one of the poorer backcourts. Rylie has performed really well IMO, and has really stepped up, Lindsay (sp), not so much.

Comment

Tylee, well, she has had her moments. Should be more though, IMO.

Comment

Yes, get some of these other girls in. Maybe one at a time.

Comment

Tylee was fine, Ferrand looked okay. Hirschmann just doesn't have it from what I can see. She's more athletic than Megan, but development just isn't happening. Rongisch just had such tough luck with injuries.

Our guard play next year will be a big issue again, front court will be great again. It will be the best in the league with Frederick graduating from UseD.

Comment

Originally posted by AZjack View Post
                            Tylee was fine, Ferrand looked okay. Hirschmann just doesn't have it from what I can see. She's more athletic than Megan, but development just isn't happening. Rongisch just had such tough luck with injuries.

Our guard play next year will be a big issue again, front court will be great again. It will be the best in the league with Frederick graduating from UseD.
                            That end-of-the-bench crew has been getting outplayed for two years now. Sometimes badly. It’s a problem.

Otherwise, on to the SLT where maybe a little March Madness will shine upon us.

Comment

Originally posted by AZjack View Post

Hirschman got a foul everytime she tried to get the ball on defense, the refs know they can get by calling fouls on substitutes late in a blowout game, because nobody cares as much, fouls they could call throughout the whole game at anytime too, but don't. It was ridiculous, 4 fouls in the span of a couple minutes or so. No way she got arm,or wrist, on all of those.
                              Last edited by jackdaniel; 02-28-2020, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X