No announcement yet.

GDT: SDSU(12-2) vs #15 USD(14-0) @ Frost Arena Senior Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You live by the three, you die by the three. Let's hope USD dies by the three in the SLT. Go Jacks!!
    One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

AJ didn't exactly come out and say on the Coaches Show that Myah was out for the year, but he came close. Said she is cleared for light jogging, but not close to the running and cutting necessary to play.. Was optimistic about her future though, saying the injury isn't career threatening and they expect her to get back to 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        AJ didn't exactly come out and say on the Coaches Show that Myah was out for the year, but he came close. Said she is cleared for light jogging, but not close to the running and cutting necessary to play.. Was optimistic about her future though, saying the injury isn't career threatening and they expect her to get back to 100%.
        Boy I hope your right. I know speculation isn't good, but the talk was amongst some people was it was/is a incurable issue. I was also told she is going to graduate next December if things remain on track? I have heard this talk for a while, let's hope I'm off base and Capppin can make fun of me.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
          Boy I hope your right. I know speculation isn't good, but the talk was amongst some people was it was/is a incurable issue. I was also told she is going to graduate next December if things remain on track? I have heard this talk for a while, let's hope I'm off base and Capppin can make fun of me.
          Megan Waytashek was able to complete her masters in some high octane engineering with her 5th year.
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post

Megan Waytashek was able to complete her masters in some high octane engineering with her 5th year.
            No doubt OH. It was the vibe I got from some that have their finger on the pulse of things. Like I said, I hope I’m wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
              No doubt OH. It was the vibe I got from some that have their finger on the pulse of things. Like I said, I hope I’m wrong.
              I may have heard there was some structural problems in the bone, but it did not indicate the problem hopeless, We all know there are chronic health issues in life which some can be managed not unlike some youth "growing" out of something like asthma. Selland has a great talent for basketball which would be nice to see in Frost Arena again! There is also the example of Megan Stewart who gave up a year of eligibility to go on to her career of healthcare and art therapy. I hope you are wrong too!
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                In Sioux Falls at Sioux Empire Staters luncheon last week AJ did say that there would be no last minute return for Selland at the Summit League tourney this year. He also said that she did not exceed the games played threshold so the necessary paperwork will be filled out for a medical hardship year once the season is over.
                The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                  USD has gone into summit league tournament full of themselves before and it wouldnt be a surprise if they do again this year. We know how well we play there and USD most likely would have to beat us for a 3rd time to win it. They dont play much of a bench so can they play back to back games and beat your rival for a 3rd time. Our womens team has a history of great play even when they arent the top team in the league. USD should be nervous for sure.
                  I like a lot more of the way the Jacks played on Saturday, but this USD team is legit, physical and they have so many scoring options. For State to get them in the SLT it will take a lot of the same from Saturday and to find a way to channel past teams' 3 pt shooting swagger.
                  The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                    The Coyotes are very good but beatable. It's time to deflate their highly inflated ego and knock them out of the national ratings. Go, Jacks!
                    They may be beatable, but not by anyone in the Summit.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post

They may be beatable, but not by anyone in the Summit.
                      Wrong. ORU just lost to them by 4. We had our chances on Saturday. Beatable by someone in the SL tourney they most definitely are but will they be beat - I'm not going to just hand over the trophy.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post

Wrong. ORU just lost to them by 4. We had our chances on Saturday. Beatable by someone in the SL tourney they most definitely are but will they be beat - I'm not going to just hand over the trophy.
                        Obviously, anything can happen in the tournament, but just don't see it this year. They toyed with us on Saturday. We just don't have the guards capable of driving to the hoop and consistent outside shooting as we have had in years past. Going to take someone's very best effort and even that might not be enough. Great teams win games even when they don't play well and USD has done that. If they have their game going they are 20+ better than anyone else in the league including SDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post

Obviously, anything can happen in the tournament, but just don't see it this year. They toyed with us on Saturday. We just don't have the guards capable of driving to the hoop and consistent outside shooting as we have had in years past. Going to take someone's very best effort and even that might not be enough. Great teams win games even when they don't play well and USD has done that. If they have their game going they are 20+ better than anyone else in the league including SDSU.
                          I would have been even more sure of myself last year prior to the WIU vs SDSU men's game. However there is always a humbling moment when least expected. If they do not have their game going, then maybe even the Jackrabbits might get lucky.

Comment

I'm no expert on USD Women's basketball since Saturday's game was the first complete game I've seen them play this year...…but I'm thinking they played about as good of a game as they could play, at least offensively, and we were still in it with a couple minutes to go. USD shot the ball VERY well. I don't know that they can be any more efficient on the offensive end of the court. If they missed a couple of those shots and we made a couple more the outcome could have been different. I'm forever the optimist, but we weren't that far off Saturday. If we meet again, all the pressure will be on them and pressure can do funny things to teams.

Comment

I remember the same was said about ORU during the Kevi Luper/ Jaci Bigham years....unbeatable....their last year in the Summit it was a foregone conclusion that the final would be slugfest like the previous year was between the Jacks vs Golden Eagles....walking into the old Arena, I asked about the semifinal game going on with ORU and Oakland, the guy said Oaklands beating them, my re-action was "you've got to be (blanking] me".When I got to my seat they were indeed beating them, and, they continued to until the very end. No hot start and barely holding on for the win, they were just better that day. Taught me a lesson not to assume things, that's why we play the games.
                              Last edited by jackdaniel; 02-25-2020, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Route 12 Jack View Post
                                I'm no expert on USD Women's basketball since Saturday's game was the first complete game I've seen them play this year...…but I'm thinking they played about as good of a game as they could play, at least offensively, and we were still in it with a couple minutes to go. USD shot the ball VERY well. I don't know that they can be any more efficient on the offensive end of the court. If they missed a couple of those shots and we made a couple more the outcome could have been different. I'm forever the optimist, but we weren't that far off Saturday. If we meet again, all the pressure will be on them and pressure can do funny things to teams.
                                Shut down Lamb just a little bit, and it's a different game, without her, they might very well have lost, when we got the intensity level up to where it was needed...… with Sellend healthy, we would of beat them , that game anyway. But neither of those two things occurred , so it's just my opinion. Lamb won them the game against ORU too (24 pts), she's been hot lately for them. Duffy, Lamb, Frederick, ….most consistent scorers on their team. Sjerven and Arens, McKeever are hit or miss.....but they add to the dilemma if they , or even one , of them gets into double figures too. I wouldn't say it'd be easy, far from it, but, if they falter and don't have a good game, and another team doesn't, that's reasonably close to their level of play, they can be beat. That sounds reasonable to me anyway.
                                Last edited by jackdaniel; 02-25-2020, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X