GDT: SDSU(12-2) vs #15 USD(14-0) @ Frost Arena Senior Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post

I would rather have Selland for the entire season than the "chance" that we could beat USD. Sometimes a fan just has to realize that our team isn't as good in a given year than another team.
    I definitely agree. Even if we do have a Sioux Falls miracle, what would likely come after is not worth giving up a year for (assuming Selland wants to try and play two more). Regroup and attack next year.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post

Unless Myah can make a recovery and get into game shape, this team just doesn’t have the guard play to beat USD. Anything can happen in Sioux Falls but I wouldn’t bet on it. I’ll still cheer like hell for them.
      I won’t bet against them. If anything today gives them confidence they can play with USD.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

I won’t bet against them. If anything today gives them confidence they can play with USD.
        I mean, anything can happen (see Denver vs SDSU) in the the Summit. The Jacks just have to have a fast start. They just aren't going to go on one of those 10 or 12 point runs against a team as good as the Yotes
        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Larson has been fine, but Irwin has been a no-show.
          Tylee only had 2 shots the whole game pretty well into the 4th qtr the announcer said, we need all five players on the floor trying to score....all the time

Comment

Just kidding, but maybe we should shoot more 1/2 court shots....

Comment

USD is really good. Summit League refs are not.

Sad to say, I expected something like today's result. Jacks have to play a lot more aggressively on offense and defense to have a legitimate chance to beat USD this year. And SDSU's lack of legitimate 3-point shooters makes beating someone of USD's ability problematic.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post

I definitely agree. Even if we do have a Sioux Falls miracle, what would likely come after is not worth giving up a year for (assuming Selland wants to try and play two more). Regroup and attack next year.
                Yes, we lose 3 good seniors, but gain 4 good freshmen, all the returners +Myah....I think we'd be not too bad next yr again

Comment

The Jackrabbit women had too many critical turnovers, too many missed bunnies, and officials allowing some physical plays on a revolving basis....but not consistent. It did show the Jackrabbits could play at a higher level than some may expect. The yotes may chatter how there was no problems with winning the game, but the chance the game is called the same next time may be unlikely. They are a good team that will likely go 16-0 again. As we all recall, that is not a guarantee of total success for the SLT. The senior guard needs fewer than 6 turnovers which is sometimes not staying alert. Also, there were turnovers in the paint trying to get an extra pass which may have not been advisable. Tylee did a fine job of containing Duffy which subtracted from her offense. It is a disappointing loss, but it is also a ray of hope that they can get if figured out should they get another shot in the SLT.
                  Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

They are hard to beat when they have the lead all the time, gives them great confidence, what did they end up shooting 58 % or something like that, yet we showed we could keep with them and get their biggest leads down and from becoming a run away game, we played our best toward the end, in the SLT we have to play the whole game that way, start to finish....agree , Tylee is a beast playing defense. I think finishing 2nd in the Conference will garauntee a WNIT berth if the SLT doesn't work out. Beat the Bison ,and a week to prepare for the Tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                      I don't listen to Midco very often. But if the one dude (Jay Elson?) doesn't quit rubbing one off over USD every 10 seconds he's going to have to go to the hospital.
                      Welcome to the "impartiality" that is Newitt. If he could emulate Greg Stemen more, he'd be a good to great commentator because Newitt does know the game.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                        I'd be surprised, we have a history of being a shorter team whose beaten P-5 teams with much taller post players...NC State, played Baylor even up with two tall bigs, just need more deception and arch on the shot, or use the glass and the angle. Bultsma , if she hits some, can get her to foul I'd think.
                        Don't you think a significant difference with those teams is that Jacks had long-range weapons like Young, Guebert, etc.?

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                          Can with petition Mdico to not have Brad Knew-it do anymore SDSU games. Have David Brown and Tom Neiman would be a much better pair. Last rant of the game.
                          It'd more likely be Stemen, which I'd be completely fine with.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post

Couldn't agree more. I hope the only way Selland would play is is she doesn't want to pursue medical redshirt.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Don't you think a significant difference with those teams is that Jacks had long-range weapons like Young, Guebert, etc.?
                              Of course, we'd love to get deadeye 3 pt shooters, who wouldn't. But we have to do the best we can with what we've got. I might add, we had those two , and many more high percentage shooters to supplement them, which kept them a little bit more open too. we'll catch up again, I'd like to see every position have a good three point shooter really....and if the ones we have improve just a little, we'll make it thru until we do hopefully.If Paiton adds being a three point threat to her resume, she'll be a force factor multiplier to the team and she'll be even more formidable.

Comment

One thing I liked about the game, we finally used our height to crash the boards and got a lot of 2nd, sometimes 3rd , chance points. We can get a lot of rebounds against Summit teams, and if we box out better at times , we can dominate the boards....We got a lot of to's early , but settled down, and made them turn it over the 2nd half, after 0 the first half....that can improve next time, if we are so fortunate....they got a lot of steals on us the first half....it was a tale of two halves , first half got outscored by 9. second half by just one. I feel much better about the SLT and the Bison game coming up.

About Newitt, he's way too much of a biased homer for anyone but USD fans to enjoy listening to, I would think it's kind of obvious. During the game, Neiman had to point out to Newitt that they have to win the Summit League Tournament to "for sure" be placed in the in the NCAA Tournament by saying he was "speculating" them being in the Tourney...Guess Newitt is convinced it's a foregone conclusion., and just dismissed any other team from being able to beat them, yeah, he's got "homer" disease.
                                Last edited by jackdaniel; 02-23-2020, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X