GDT: Jackrabbits(10-2) vs Mastodons(1-11) @ Frost Arena(Pink Game) 1pm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Jackrabbits(10-2) vs Mastodons(1-11) @ Frost Arena(Pink Game) 1pm

This is possibly the last time playing against the Mastodons. The Jackrabbits enter the game with 35-1 advantage through the series. It would seem unlikely the schedule brings PFW in the OOC in the future unless the Mastodons were seeking a road game. Hopefully the team is able to bring some game to Frost to avoid back to back upsets. The game in the paint may be the emphasis again today, but we can hope another part of the game shows up today that involves focus and hustle. The Denver game did not feel like we were watching a top 2 seed for the SLT. Go Jacks!!

Midco/ESPN3
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

I am stuck at work today so glad I can watch it on ESPN3 today. That will help pass the time. Hope the team comes out with some purpose. Thinking about the Denver loss feels more like a bad dream, like that didn't happen did it? The womens team feels almost like the football team. Solid and promising start but not amazing, but hopeful, a few injuries and then team just sort of finished down the stretch deflated. I wonder if USD got in their heads? since that USD game we just haven't been the same. early in the conference season, we scored in the upper 80s, 90s and even 100. We have only had 1 game in the 80s since then, so this team can score but sure is struggling since the USD game.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Maybe its just me but I wouldn't mind David Brown from Midco covering more jacks games or USD for that matter. He has the voice for it and does it well.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Jacks showed more aggression on the offensive end in the first 5 minutes than they did in the entire Denver game. Part of it is the quality of the opposition, but getting a lot more done inside. Still not great from the perimeter.

Comment

First time I've seen a flagrant foul for hair-pulling.

Comment

Yeah that was frustration foul for sure. At that point probably should have just let us dribble it out.

I didn't want the Denver game but this looked like a classic SDSU game. Just dominated in side and not much Purdue could do to stop it.

Comment

Jacks win points in the paint 62-2.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                Jacks win points in the paint 62-2.
                Whoever gave up those 2 points should be required to run extra wind sprints. ... Just kidding. 62-2! That's incredible.

This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post

Whoever gave up those 2 points should be required to run extra wind sprints. ... Just kidding. 62-2! That's incredible.
                  I thought I didn't hear it right the first time, but they repeated it a couple more times.

Comment

PFW has a couple girls that can shoot, handle the ball, and get after it on D. But like me and the wife were talking, they look like little kids out there. I realize they are getting the best players they can get, but, they really need to work on building strength, muscle, and mass on some of those girls. Good luck to them in the future.

Comment

This was a much better, aggressively trying to score when they have an opportunity,game and it made for a fast paced game at times, lots of winded players on both teams, good win. Just a quick comment about the hair pull, very light tug and not terribly malicious in nature, but, I thought I saw earlier in the game Tori Nelson got a similar hair tug too, I'll go back and see to make sure, but again, it was very light and quick. It was when she grabbed a rebound and the player who did it was standing out of bounds when she tied up the ball. Again, I'll have to look again (OK, it was 6:30 3RD Qtr,...20th time looking at it, it was nothing). It hasn't been a good time in the Summit for PFW as far as wins go. If they are the team who doesn't make the SLT, then this game will be the last we'll play them, as a Conference game anyway. Good luck to them in their new Conference next season.
                      Last edited by jackdaniel; 02-15-2020, 09:28 PM.

Comment

I guess I was hoping that SDSU would try to get some sort of outside game going in this game. They will probably not be able to just feed the post all game against USD. I know they left the starters in to work on the zone but a zone against Fort Wayne is a lot different than a zone against USD.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                          I guess I was hoping that SDSU would try to get some sort of outside game going in this game. They will probably not be able to just feed the post all game against USD. I know they left the starters in to work on the zone but a zone against Fort Wayne is a lot different than a zone against USD.
                          Did Oral Roberts use lots of zone against USD?
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post

Did Oral Roberts use lots of zone against USD?
                            I caught the TV highlights and ORU was playing man defense. It sounds like the Yotes were up big early, so that probably limited the possibility of the Golden Eagles playing much zone.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

I caught the TV highlights and ORU was playing man defense. It sounds like the Yotes were up big early, so that probably limited the possibility of the Golden Eagles playing much zone.
                              As of yesterday, when I watched, it was still available under "on demand".....USD doesn't look all that invincible to me...at least in this game. Like us, teams thet play aggressively with lots of intensity and physical against them, makes them less efficient and throws them off, they only had 6 basically who scored , the starting 5+ Frederick off the bench,but had five in double figures,Sjerven only 6 pts, of course, lots of minutes for them, not real deep in tight games for coach Dawn P ?.....ORU was definitely "fired up", and went out with the mindset to beat them....not just play them.
                              Last edited by jackdaniel; 02-17-2020, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X