GDT: Jackrabbits vs Leathernecks @ Western Hall 5:15pm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Jackrabbits vs Leathernecks @ Western Hall 5:15pm

The second half of the conference season starts playing the team in 3rd place. This is a key positional game for both teams. WIU(5-3) had won 4 in a row after he Brookings game before losing at Grand Forks. They are 8-2 at home this year with 1 of those losses to USD. Even as Graettinger is lost to injury, the Leathernecks have a couple of reliable players off the bench in addition to the starting 5. Zars gives them a bit more post presence than the past few years. WIU is over achieving a bit as they were preseason pick for 5th place. The 4th quarter against the bison last week was some hope that the Jackrabbit defense could be sparked to life again. It could be stretched some with the outside shooters in Macomb. We should expect to see a much better shooting percentage this week. 28.6% FG(7.7% 3pt) should be easy numbers to improve. The Jackrabbit women should be fully recovered from the trauma in Vermillion and get back to playing solid basketball. Go Jacks!!

ESPN3 5:15pm
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

AJ has been stressing good starts...up 21-3. Nelson started today instead of Theuninck which I also think is a good change. Nelson will develop more and more if she can stay healthy.

Comment

42-17 lead at the half. 33-12 rebounding advantage. Shooting over 50% from 3. Spacing the floor well and getting good looks.

Comment

I would love to say destroying the #3 team in the league is monumental. However, I think the best thing to take away from this is a confidence builder for the day USD comes to town. Good job though ladies.

Comment

keep getting better,lots of little things add up....good win.

Comment

Anybody know what AJ was referring to that Megan is dealing with?

Comment

Working...
            X