GDT: Jackrabbits vs Bison @ Frost Arena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Jackrabbits vs Bison @ Frost Arena

The bison are fresh off the first Summit win for Coach Jory Collins. He has brought a full slate of new assistants to the program. The 4-13 bison still have a few players left from the previous regime sporting 1-6 road record. They beat their rival UND last week as the Jackrabbits were humbled by their own rival. This should be a bounce back game for the home team against an improving group from Fargo. There is some youth there sprinkled among the veterans which is likely learning a new culture. Jackrabbits should get their confidence back tonight at Frost. Go Jacks!!

Midco/ESPN+ 7pm
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    The bison are fresh off the first Summit win for Coach Jory Collins. He has brought a full slate of new assistants to the program.
    One holdover assistant (Morgan Paige) from prior coaching regime.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post

One holdover assistant (Morgan Paige) from prior coaching regime.
      I missed the first sentence of her bio?? Whoops!! She is the recruiting coordinator as well which is curious in my frame of reference considering the needs they have in talent when Walseth left unless she is not actively recruiting.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

That was a pathetic first half. Wow.

I think Larson has regressed from last year, just not leading the team like she needs to. Burckhard and Bultsma the only offense.

No one can buy a bucket.

25-24 Bison lead at half. Unacceptable for how bad NDSU is, even though they are improved somewhat. They are still a bad, bad team. Only 2 D1 wins. .

Comment

That was a horrible 3 quarters of Bball. Evidently the hangover from Sunday was strong and when things didn't fall to start with it snowballed. A couple probably not real important observations. 1. Myah is about the most enthusiastic player on the team, conversely, Kallie seems really aloof and disinterested. I realize Kallie is just coming off surgery but? 2. Ryan Cobbins is going to be real good for the Bison, she is only a freshman.

Comment

The whole game was bad if you look at the final stats, 8 % 3 pt shooting, 29% for the game. How they won this game is pretty amazing to me, but it must have taken a tremendous amount of hard work. Hope we don't repeat this type of game the rest of the season. All that said, glad we won

Comment

Larson played really well in the 4th quarter. She needs to be that aggressive and assertive all the time. Tylee showed good hustle and toughness all game. Even though we are physical, we seem to be too nice at times. We need a Vogel type that will put a body into someone when they need it. Nudell (sp?) was a pest and needed a few good hard screens to show her the Jacks weren't going to let them out work us. It's not a bad thing to put a player or two on the floor when it's warranted, Dietz is one that needs to be gone at hard. She is a little dirty.

Good win considering the circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                That was a horrible 3 quarters of Bball. Evidently the hangover from Sunday was strong and when things didn't fall to start with it snowballed. A couple probably not real important observations. 1. Myah is about the most enthusiastic player on the team, conversely, Kallie seems really aloof and disinterested. I realize Kallie is just coming off surgery but? 2. Ryan Cobbins is going to be real good for the Bison, she is only a freshman.
                Myah is available to create some leadership from the bench. That is what she is able to do with the injury. She likely would prefer to be in that role on the floor. Kallie is a freshman who had a season ending injury which I could read as youth rather than disinterested. I agree with the hangover after watching the first quarter. Yikes. The bison are likely to improve every year if Collins continues his trajectory. He mirrors AJ in being a very successful coach at DII. He has a large job in reconstructing a program from ashes.

Comment

Collins handshake with AJ was a tad cold.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                    Collins handshake with AJ was a tad cold.
                    I noticed that also.

Comment

Working...
                    X