Jacks name new Assistant Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacks name new Assistant Coach

Travis Brewster is the new assistant women's basketball coach. He has experience at UND and Wisconsin-Milwaukee.

http://www3.sdstate.edu/SDSU/NewsDet...cfm?ID=46,6022

Re: Jacks name new Assistant Coach

Congratulations Travis and welcome to Jackrabbit Nation.

Comment

I wish to extend my congradualations as well Travis. I had thought maybe one of the GA would be chosen, but apparently the experience weighed heavily into Coach Johnston's choice. I respect Coach Johnston's choice. No doubt he knows best on how utililize this additional staff person.

It also kind of shows what kind of candidates that are looking for a better coaching opportunity.

Comment

Travis Brewster's Bio from UWM's website:

http://uwmpanthers.cstv.com/sports/w..._travis00.html

Comment

Congratulations to Brewster on being the Jacks new Assistant.

One of the reasons I like this hire is that he has connections with Iowa and Wisconsin. Iowa is a neighboring state that we don't get a lot of recruits from. AJ is from Minn., Melum is from SD, Johansen is from Neb. and Stamerjohn is from Wisc. These are all states that we should be connected with high school and AAU coaches for future recruits. All of our current players and verbal commitments are from SD, Minn., and Wisc. I would like to see our recruiting base spread out into Nebraska and Iowa. The recent sucess and this new hire will hopefully fulfill these areas.

Go State!!! 8-) 8-) 8-)
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Working...
          X