Alabama Postgame comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alabama Postgame comments

I listened to the game on the Crimson Tide Radio Network last night. It's kind of fun to listen to the opposing broadcast team especially with the DI games. The Broadcasters felt the Tide were more athletic but the Jacks were very sound fundamentally.
    At the conclusion of the game the announcer commented people would be opening their papers and saying who in the heck is South Dakota State? The answer he commented is a very good basketball team.

Coach Moody had some interesting comments in his postgame comments:
    He indicated earlier in the week he had commented to people I don't know much about them but I know they can score. He went on to say it was a great basketball game and both teams played their hearts out. They made a couple more big plays than we did. As I looked at the stats after the game he commented to his assistants how did we lose? He went on to say turnovers and putting SDSU at the line 37 times was a contributor. He said tip your hat to SDSU. I told everyone they were a good team. I saw them on tape against against a good Ok State team and beat them by 28. I can't think of any game that would prepare us more for our opening SEC game against Kentucky than this one. THEY RUN he stressed. Their post players run the floor extremely well and their guards get wide on the floor. He mentioned their post players were begging to come off the floor to get a breather. They hit every big shot down the stretch. He said they were playing good defense on Schlagel when she hit the 3 towards the end. He said great game to coach and was a fun game for the players and fans even though the end result wasn't what they wanted. If you would have told me we would score 80 points and lost I would not have believed it. The announcer told the coach his record when scoring 80 points or more was 172-12. He said when I was watching tape of the Jacks playing Kentucky I really enjoyed scouting them as they are so fun to watch. Announcer commented Coach Moody and the coach at Kentucky will have to compare notes on the Jacks. Coach was very professional and was very please with how they played.

Re: Alabama Postgame comments

That's is so impressive.

I opened the local newspaper and saw the headline: "SDSU slips past Alabama." Earlier this year, it was SDSU and Kentucky in the same headline etc. etc.

That's great entertainment!

Comment

Working...
    X