• Show
Clear All

Re: Chad Lavin on KWSN

from Mike_H being too soft on Lavin to
    Lavin being jealous to
    somebody not really a jacks fan to
    economic theories to
    political theories to
    political bribes and paybacks (I wouldn't mind be a dictator at times ;D) to
    I can't wait to see how someone brings this back full circle.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979
      My bad, either of the adjectives you provided would fit the direction that the board is going 89.  Don't take that as a slam against you either, we definately need a moderator.  It just seems everyone who doesn't hail to SDSU 110% is shunned away by members of the board who do.  I don't think that is healthy either.
      As Verm said, "opinions: everyones got them."
      FWIW- I agree with this sentiment, however, this board and most of the members are fairly new to this. With a couple more years of differing opinions and new members, I would hope it would become more tolerant. The board does seem to be moving in the right direction- somewhere around six months to a year ago a few threads read like a pack of jackals attacking a carcass.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979
        My bad, either of the adjectives you provided would fit the direction that the board is going 89. Don't take that as a slam against you either, we definately need a moderator. It just seems everyone who doesn't hail to SDSU 110% is shunned away by members of the board who do. I don't think that is healthy either.
        As Verm said, "opinions: everyones got them."

I'm not sure how many sportsboards I've been to, or posted on in my 11 years or so of being 'online', but I can't remember one yet that was objective if it was a fan site. I don't think people should be so intolerant of conflict. We're guys (mostly), we're competitive (sports nuts), and we're mostly anonymous, it's bound to get rough and tumble.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDak

I'm not sure how many sportsboards I've been to, or posted on in my 11 years or so of being 'online', but I can't remember one yet that was objective if it was a fan site.  I don't think people should be so intolerant of conflict.  We're guys (mostly), we're competitive (sports nuts), and we're mostly anonymous, it's bound to get rough and tumble.  
          Excellent analysis. I think some people take the things posted here to literally. A lot of what is typed here (typed not said) would not be expressed in a face-to-face conversation. Just not tactful enough for that. I think its harmless and I rather enjoy the "jabs" and even all out "uppercuts" that get thrown once in awhile.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
            Excellent analysis.  I think some people take the things posted here to literally.  A lot of what is typed here (typed not said) would not be expressed in a face-to-face conversation.  Just not tactful enough for that.  I think its harmless and I rather enjoy the "jabs" and even all out "uppercuts" that get thrown once in awhile.
            Me too. This is supposed to be fun and lively.

Comment

Working...
            X