Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Paige Paulsen to transfer

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum
    just heard that the original rumor I heard about Paulson is BS.  So, back to square one.
    You might be getting to watch Paulson play afterall. I hear he just visited UW-Milw. and he visited Bradley. My source says he will choose Bradley if he gets the choice.
    I realize that not many of you guys care where Paulson goes, but I thought Milw.Jack might be interested to hear that Paulson could be playing in his back yard.

Comment

My wife's little (step) brother played basketball for Custer alongside the older Paulsen kid so I have some interest in them. Also, Paulsen's dad and my family know each other pretty well from multiple Huron/Miller interactions. Thanks for the heads up.
      "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

If a South Dakota native wants to play DI basketball, why wouldn't you play for SDSU where everyone knows you, and loves you?

Maybe he didn't get an offer? Maybe we know him too well?

Comment

Originally posted by JBNJBQ
          If a South Dakota native wants to play DI basketball, why wouldn't you play for SDSU where everyone knows you, and loves you?  

Maybe he didn't get an offer?  Maybe we know him too well?
          Or maybe he doesn't want to play for SDSU?? Not everyone shares our passion...hard to believe, isn't it???

Comment

college basketball: Paulsen headed to Wis.-Milwaukee
            By Padraic Duffy, Journal Sports Writer
            http://www.rapidcityjournal.com/arti...cal/news02.txt

Former Custer standout Paige Paulsen has officially transferred from the University of Northern Illinois to the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.

Paulsen made the decision in the last week after deciding between West Virginia and Wisconsin-Milwaukee, a couple of programs that made the Sweet 16 of the NCAA Tournament last season.

Paulsen decided to transfer from Northern Illinois, in DeKalb, Ill., after a sophomore season that saw him average 7.7 points in 21 minutes per game.

We...ARE...STATE!
            SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

Well, he's coming to Brookings after all . . . as a Panther.

(Yeah I know he'll be out next year as a transfer red-shirt and probably won't make the trip, but still, it was too good a line to pass up)
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Paige knows the difference between Dl and DII Basketball:

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...505040328/1002

Paulsen transfers to Milwaukee
                STU WHITNEY
                swhitney@argusleader.com

Published: 05/4/05 1:56 am

Former Custer High School standout Paige Paulsen said Tuesday that he will continue his NCAA Division I basketball career at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.

Paulsen will transfer from Northern Illinois, where he started seven games as a sophomore in 2004-05 and averaged 7.5 points and 3.7 rebounds.

The 6-foot-7 forward joins a UW-Milwaukee program that gained prominence last season by reaching the Sweet 16 of the NCAA tournament."It's nice to come into a program like that," said Paulsen, the 2003 Argus Leader Player of the Year, who led Custer to its 2002 state title. "It's also nice to know that they're going to need some help in the future to stay at that level of success."

Paulsen visited campus last week and met new coach Rob Jeter, who replaced Bruce Pearl after Pearl left for Tennessee. Paulsen also considered West Virginia, Bradley and Eastern Kentucky.Because he is transferring within Division I, Paulsen must sit out the 2005-06 season. He will have two years of eligibility beginning in 2006-07.

Paulsen said he considered Division II schools - including the University of South Dakota - but ultimately decided to stay at the highest level.

"I could have gotten closer to home and not had to sit out a year," he said. "But after thinking it over ... I know I can play at this level."

Comment

Craig and Mike had Paige on their program yesterday. I found this interview very interesting. Since I have not followed SD basketball in years, I really did not know much about Paige, nor his dad who others have said was a coaching legend at Huron College.

Judging from the interview, it did not sound that there was ever was any interest by Paige in attending SDSU.
                  That does not make Paige a bad guy nor does it reflect on Scott Nagy's ability to recruit.

Apparently Paige had first been recruited by Lamar College out of Texas and had signed a letter of intent, and just after winning the Class A tournament, Paige learned that the coach recruiting at Lamar had been fired. Apparently he did not want to play for the new coach Billy Tubbs, who had coached at Oklahoma U.

He then signed with Northern Illionois after getting out of letter of intent with Lamar. Now after two years, Mr. Paulsen is going to UW-Milwaukee since the new coach if I was hearing correctly was part of the Lamar recruiting team.

Paige did say he had considered D2 and USD. Apparently Boots had recruited him out of high school but he had D1 offers that kind of eliminated that option.

Comment

Working...
                  X