2008 Recruit???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 Recruit???

I saw AJ at the Brandon Valley vs. S.F. Washington game last night. The only person I could think that he might be watching is Jane Swenson from Brandon. She is 6'4" and solid. I believe she had some injuries that kept her from playing last year, but has a nice shot and lots of potential. Anybody have any other info.?
    One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Re: 2008 Recruit???

I saw her play when they were in Brookings. She is tall, but I do not believe this is what we are looking for. Brookings pushed the ball and this gal had to go to the pine. The ones we already have and the ones we have signed are so much better IMHO.

Comment

For the recruit watchers out there, Moorhead High School guard Kelsey Jacobson is here. She’s only a junior, but last season set the Minnesota state record for most 3-pointers in a single season. She is a hoops junkie and has her sights set on playing at the best Division I team possible. Both of these teams are interested in her and she plans to visit Brookings later this month.
      I hope she appreciated what she saw. I would hope that the 86-45 score would sway her our way. If she set the single season scoring record for 3-pointers made as a Sophmore, I can see why AJ is interested in her.

This came from Terry's Blog http://blogs.argusleadermedia.com/sports/category/sdsu/

Go State!!! 8-) 8-) 8-)
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Kelsey Jacobsen will be attending tonights game according to Terry V. Kelsey plays for Moorhead in Minnesota, which is ranked #10 in class 4A. Moorhead played Eastview in Eastview. Eastview is also a 4A school and is ranked #5 in the state. Here is a recap of the game from last night.

MOORHEAD spuds 66, EASTVIEW lightning 60

Kelsey Jacobson of Moorhead broke Eastview's back with three consecutive 3s in the second half to help Moorhead upset Eastview 66-60. Five players fouled out in this extremely physical contest, four for Eastview. This game matched two teams that have spent time in the top 10, with Eastview #5 in the last poll, while Moorhead at #10. Moorhead is now 18-3, while Eastview falls to 17-5. Read more...
        Here is the link to the game recap: http://gbbrecruit.blogspot.com/

Go State!!! 8-) 8-) 8-)
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)

Comment

was Kelsey at the IUPUF game? if so she should be impressed with what she saw here and at NDSU

Comment

Yes she and her family were at the IPFW game. Saw the coaches and players talking with her before warmups.

Comment

As of right now we have 3 scholarships to offer for 2008, and out of those 3 one is filled by Vanessa Johnson. We are looking at some post players as well as in-state players. This would definately be a good weekend to bring recruits in to Brookings to show em what we will do in the Mid-Con.

Comment

I am hoping State can land Amber Wollschlager of Milbank for an 08 recruit. she's a nice player.

Comment

There is an article in the Fargo Forum about possible 2008 recruit, Kelsey Jacobson. I know that SDSU and NDSU are recruiting her, but not sure who else is recruiting her. Here is some of the article.

Square up, snap, splash. Repeat. That pretty much sums up Kelsey Jacobson’s approach to 3-point shooting, and she’s logged the practice hours to prove it.

Jacobson’s deadly stroke has already set a state record, and now it’s trying to help Moorhead get to the state tournament.

“I’ve been getting good screens and getting good passes, and that makes it easier for any shooter,” she said. “My teammates are helping me out, and I’m shooting every day to get better.”

The Spuds open their postseason tonight as the top seed in the Class 4A, Section 8 tournament. Moorhead hosts St. Cloud Apollo at 7 p.m.

Jacobson has been a key ingredient to Moorhead’s 21-3 record and No. 6 ranking in the Class 4A poll. And it all starts with that scintillating

The Moorhead junior said she shoots about 500 shots per day. That work is paying dividends.

She’s shooting just a shade under 40 percent from

3-point land this season and has hit 59 treys.

Jacobson’s shot starts with receiving the pass in a position ready to shoot.

“She’s good at getting open, and she catches the ball in position to shoot or drive,” Spuds coach Jim Kapitan said. “That’s so important.”

From there, she snaps a quick release and flawless follow through that leaves fans expecting a trey every time she puts one up.

Scoreboard operators have even credited the Spuds with three points on a Jacobson shot before the ball has passed through the net this season.

Now that’s respect.
                  If you want to read the entire article, you can click on this link. http://www.in-forum.com/Sports/articles/157918

(\__/)
                  (='.'=)

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight Schrute
                    I am hoping State can land Amber Wollschlager of Milbank for an 08 recruit.  she's a nice player.
                    Amber was at the NDSU game last weekend. I believe that has already been posted on here somehwere but I wanted to state it here as well.

Comment

I think there is enough talent in the upper midwest (Minnesota, Wisconsin, Dakotas, North part of Iowa) that SDSU and NDSU will dominate the Midcon in Women's Basketball. Unfortunately I'm not sure that is true on the men's side of things.
                      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Re: 2008 - 2009 Verbal Commitment from Recruit

Here is a verbal commitment that SDSU got from a 6-3 center today.

Plans decided: Comet hoops star Westergard verbally comits to SDSU
                        By Ryan Kronberg, Sports Editor
                        Published: Monday, July 9, 2007 9:03 AM CDT

The South Dakota State University's women’s basketball team kept a strong recruiting interest in Charles City senior-to-be Caila Westergard, even after Westergard suffered a second major knee injury at the end of this past basketball season,

The persistence of Jackrabbits coach Aaron Johnston and his staff was rewarded, as Westergard verbally committed to play basketball at the Brookings, South Dakota, school starting in the 2008-2009 school year.

Westergard made her decision this past Monday evening.

“That’s one reason,”?said Westergard. “They believed in me when other places figured?I’d keep getting injured.”

South Dakota State went 25-6 this past season. The Jackrabbits reached the quarterfinal round of the WNIT before being knocked out by Wyoming.

The program is in the midst of a full conversion to Division I from Division II. This upcoming season will be the first that the team is eligible to play in the NCAA?tournament.

“I’ve watched them play on the Internet. They’re kind of fun to watch,”?Westergard said. “I?want to be a part of something like that.”

Charles City coach Thad Hoover noted that a strong low-post presence has been the missing link for the Jacks during their recent run at college basketball’s top level.

“She adds a dimension they haven’t had,”?said Hoover. “Coach has told me the one thing they haven’t had since they became a D-1 program is a true center.”

Hoover added he believes firmly that Westergard’s game can transition from the high school level to the major college level.

“She’s a difference maker obviously at our level,”?Hoover said. “You just don’t find a 6-3 center that can move as well as she does. It’s a big recruit for them.”

Knee injuries aside, Hoover said the Jacks may have just pulled off a recruiting coupe.

(Read more...)
                        Here is the link if you want to read the rest of the article.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)

Comment

Re: 2008 - 2009 Verbal Commitment from Recruit

Originally posted by thebluehatman
                          As of right now we have 3 scholarships to offer for 2008, and out of those 3 one is filled by Vanessa Johnson.  We are looking at some post players as well as in-state players.  This would definately be a good weekend to bring recruits in to Brookings to show em what we will do in the Mid-Con.
                          Well according to the article I posted above, Westegard will get one of the 3 scholarships being offered and the last scholarship will go to Jennifer Sunnarborg.

VERBALS
                          Jennifer Sunnarborg, Osseo (MN Suns) have made verbals to South Dakota State.

Sunnarborg is a 6-1 post that averaged 9.6 ppg for the 19-10 state touranment entrant Orioles.

Sunnarborg is the 8th Minnesota player to verbal a D1 school in the 2008 class, and 11th overall.
                          If you want to confirm this, you can read the verbal commitment here.

I know I quoted Blue stating that we only had 3 Scholarships to give to this class, but Blue posted this back in February.  At that time Krativil was with the team, but has since decided to move on.  Does that mean we have another scholly to give out or is this going to the class of 2008?

Vanessa Johnson
                          Caila Westegard
                          Jennifer Sunnarborg

Go State!!! 8-) 8-) 8-)
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)

Comment

Well here is the current roster for 2007 - 2008.

No.   Name Pos.  Ht. Yr.   Hometown (Prev School)  
                            12    Anderson, Alison        G  5-7 So.  New Richland, Minn. (NRHEG High School)  
                            40    Boever, Maria      F  6-1 So.  Worthington, Minn. (Worthington High School)  
                            22    Cornemann, Ketty      F  5-11     So.  Yankton, S.D. (Yankton High School)  
                            50    Grimsrud, Courtney   C  6-2       Sr.  Sisseton, S.D. (Sisseton High School)  
                            24    Meier, Morgan      G/F  5-10  Jr.  Oshkosh, Wis. (Oshkosh West High School)  
                            2      Michelson, Macie   G  5-6       Fr.  Lynd, Minn. (Marshall High School)  
                            42    Muckenhirn, Ashlea    G  5-8   Jr.  Osceola, Wis. (Osceola High School)  
                            52    Nielsen, Laura      C  6-2       So.  Willmar, Minn. (Willmar High School)  
                            30    Oistad, Stacie       F  6-0       Jr.  Sartell, Minn. (Sartell High School)  
                            14    Rotert, Kristin      G/F  6-0     Fr.  Salem, S.D. (McCook Central High School)  
                            20    Schuttloffel, Jennifer   F  5-11      Fr.  Sioux Falls, S.D. (Roosevelt High School)  
                            4      Verdegan, Andrea      G  5-9       Sr.  Glen Flora, Wis. (Flambeau High School)  
                            44    Warkenthien, Jennifer  F  6-0       Jr.  Willow Lake, S.D. (Willow Lake High School)  

This is 13 Scholarship players and we will lose Verdegan and Grimsrud to graduation, leaving us with 11 Scholarship players for the 2008 - 2009 season.  With the addition of Vanessa Johnson, Jennifer Sunnarborg and Caila Westergard, will put us at 14 Scholarship players.  We have 15 Scholarships to give out, so I think we still have one Scholly to hand out.

Go State!!!
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)

Comment

Here is a link to Jennifer Sunnarborg, this is her profile from her AAU team, the Minnesota Suns.  They are playing in an AAU tourney in Atlanta this weekend.  It does include a picture in case someone sees her at an SDSU game this winter, you will know who she is.

Go State!!! 8-) 8-) 8-)
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)

Comment

Working...
                              X