Re: SDSU VS DRAKE

Darn lost 54-52

Comment

54-52, Drake wins. Drat.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Sounds like the officiating was pretty tough on the Jacks in this one.

Comment

I listened to the game and I would have to agree.  A check of the stats backs that up also.  SDSU 20 - Drake 12.  :-/ Those things will happen when you are on the road, but you don't have to like it.

http://gojacks.sdstate.edu/02sdswbb.htm

Go State!  ;D

P.S.  also tough to play two games in two days at this level.

Comment

Was on the football post and got off track, so the below comments are somewhat repeats:
                  We were at Drake. Three differences between Nebraska and Drake games:
                  1) Drake is definitely better than Nebraska is (or was on Saturday).
                  2) We didn't play as well as we did Saturday, but some of that definitely goes to the credit of Drake's defense. They didn't give us the open 3 looks; they worked hard to contain Megan Vogel (and she didn't have a good game, but again, Drake gets some credit
                  3) The REAL REASON we didn't win at Drake is that the Missouri Valley refs were not about to let us win. The hose job was so obvious. If we were on offense, every drive was a charge. If we were on defense, every drive was a block -- including one, where the center drove between two people, tripped over one of the defender's feet, picked up the ball and took three steps and ran right into the SDSU player and knocked her down...and, you guessed it. Blocking foul on SDSU.
                  You have to expect it I guess on the road and especially when it's not on the road in your own conference. But it was 11-3 fouls on the board (you know which one we were, right!) They then called a chippie, no-harm, no shot foul out on the front court when we were chewing them, and then it went to 13-4 difference. Can't win for losing. Congrats to the Jacks. They did a tremendous job coming back twice, and had their chances to win, but give them great credit. Remember, this was on Drake's home court, they played Friday night, not Saturday, they had the refs and the crowd, and we still came within a whisker. Go Jacks!!!!

Comment

Darn tough to play a team like Nebraska (in their house), then travel to Des Moines for a game 24 hours later.

Comment

Originally posted by Alumguy
                      Darn tough to play a team like Nebraska (in their house), then travel to Des Moines for a game 24 hours later.
                      Yup. Life at the bottom rung of D-I. It will get better. We're still working towards the WNIT. We get there and very good things will happen.
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                      X