X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDSU Women's RPI

http://www.rpiratings.com/womensrpi.html

The Jacks are at #115.

Average opponent's to date RPI: 159. Best win: Nebraska, #49. Worst loss: Colorado, #190.

Average opponent's RPI, remaining schedule: 192. High: Texas A&M-Corpus Christi, #62, Florida International, #71, next NDSU at #194.

RPI-predicted season record: 17-11.

For any shot at the WNIT, I think the Jacks would need to win out. They'll probably need two wins against #62 TAMU-CC and one win against FIU, and can't stumble over the remainder of their schedule, all of whom have RPI's lower than SDSU (or the two D-II's left) to finish 22-6.

If they do finish with 20 wins in their first full year in D-I, they probably would deserve an WNIT berth, but I'm not sure they'd get it.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Re: SDSU Women's RPI

The WNIT is money driven, of course. Needs for host schools to have large crowds to increase the tournaments revenue. So they also try to match up teams in the same region. The Husker womens team is now something like 10-3 after we beat them by 20 on their home court. They will make a run for the NCAA. If they do not get there, another SDSU-Husker game would be a great draw. The Husker women's battlecry this year is "Remember the South Dakota State Game." Creighton women will also be in the WNIT. I think that 20 wins will get us there. If it happens we need to bring the "Jackrabbit Nation" in force.
    Go State!!!

Comment

Working...
    X