Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SDSU vs. NDSU Women - Sat

Originally posted by 22jack
    Here are the single game women’s attendance records according to gojacks.com web site at Frost.

1-22-2005    NDSU        4739

2-4-2006          NDSU        4596

3-17-2003    USD        4237

The Regional Championship game is only third on the list.  Last Saturday nights game was the second best crowd at Frost for just a women's game.

I think the difference in the 2005 and 2006 games in regards to attendance was the amount of NDSU fans that came down.  Last year I remember a strong NDSU contingent as i think their women were undefeated at the time(playing a mostly D2 or lower schedule) and were really the talk of the town with their men's team having a down year.  This year, their women's team has been struggling against quality D1 competition and their men's team is excelling.  There was a men's bball game in Fargo on Saturday night. I didn't see too many NDSU fans, if any, at Frost saturday night...or maybe they just didn't have anything to cheer about so they went unnoticed.
    "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

For clarification though,

1-22-2005 NDSU 4739 guessing this was a "special" promotions night - i.e. lots of freebie tickets

2-4-2006 NDSU 4596 good number of freebies in attendance

3-17-2003 USD 4237 all paying customers

I'm not trying to downplay attendance numbers, just pointing out where people are coming from. I think it's about time that more people started noticing the WBB team and their accomplishments. Sad to say it, but we've got our own mini-Tennessee happening here.

Comment

I find it interesting that regular season DI games draw more fans than the regional championship game against our old instate rival. Seams more people are interested in DI than DII games. Attendance should go up overall once we are in a conference.

Comment

I know the athletic department has been very reluctant in the past to give out "freebie" tickets. I would say that other than the kids that were out on the court at halftime from the morning basketball clinic, 99% if not all of the others in attendance were paid attendees.

Comment

There were appx. 400 juniors on campus for Junior Day on Saturday, and they all received free admission as well.  However, their parents, relatives, chaperones, etc.  did pay to attend.

I don't know how many of them stuck around for the basketball game that evening.
            "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

I was right in front of the few NDSU fans there, maybe 20-40 parents and they were quiet the whole time.

It was the Corduroy Classic last night (FFA) not sure how that affected attendence, also some Womens basketall alums.

Was the 2003 Championship game on the same weekend that the SDSU or USD men were playing somewhere else? If so that would have dropped the attendance. Not to take away the signifigance of the figures though.

Comment

Working...
              X