• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carda earns newcomer award

From News at State.....

03/07/2006

Carda earns newcomer award

CAPTION: Natalie Carda was named the Division I Newcomer of the Week after averaging 12.5 points and six rebounds in two games last week.
    South Dakota State University forward Natalie Carda has been named the Division I Independent Women's Basketball Newcomer of the Week for her performances in two Jackrabbit games last week.

A freshman from Beresford, Carda reached double figures in both Jackrabbit games, coming off the bench to finish the week with averages of 12.5 points and six rebounds per game.

In a loss at UC Riverside on Feb. 28, Carda tallied 10 points and four rebounds. She then posted a career-high 15 points to go along with eight rebounds in 16 minutes of action in a victory over Central State (Ohio) on March 3.

For the week, Carda shot 10-of-17 from the field, 58.8 percent, including 5-of-8 from three-point range.

The Jackrabbits finished the regular season with a 19-9 record and will await word on a possible WNIT berth on March 13.

Re: Carda earns newcomer award

Nice honor for Natalie! We have a nice class of freshman playing for us this year. Be nice to see how many games they can win by the end of their senior year.
    Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by bub94
      Nice honor for Natalie!  We have a nice class of freshman playing for us this year.  Be nice to see how many games they can win by the end of their senior year.
      And what kind of success they have in any post-season tourney
      "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

As much as I like this years freshman class I think the incoming class will be even better. People will get to see two of them this weekend at Frost in Helsper and Kornemann.

Comment

Working...
        X