Jill Young

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jill Young

The last two games of the state tourney are the first times I've seen her play, just happened to be the class B games that were televised. Wow, is she good! I wonder what our chances of landing her are, I'm guessing she's going to have a few schools to choose from.

Re: Jill Young

One to really watch (and I've heard AJ has been to a few games) is Wollschlager, the Milbank sophomore.

Young has that natural basketball sense to know where every opponent pass is going and she makes an effort to get her hand on every one.

Comment

i wonder if we shall see liz helsper join her sister as a walk on after her last year here at bhs

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman
        i wonder if we shall see liz helsper join her sister as a walk on after her last year here at bhs
        If we see her as a Jack, it won't be as a walk on.

Comment

Young is quite the ball handler. She dribbles between her legs and behind her back with ease. She's a scorer but also dishes off. She's a great prospect.
          This space for lease.

Comment

I agree, Jill Young has a natural basketball instinct and a boat load of talent to go with it. I personally couldn't believe the behind the back dribble, then step back, sink the three move she made a couple of times. My only question was her speed...i wonder if she can play at the pace that we play at. Of course, I was watching her play Class B ball which isn't a racetrack by any means. If nothing else, put her on the arc and let her bomb away. She doesn't miss all too often.
            "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

I believe Kristin Rotert from McCook Central is being recruited pretty hard as well. I think she is close to 5-10 or 11, plays the guard position. Dropped in 30 some in the semifinal game this weekend even though McCook lost to Milbank.
              "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Clearly there are a lot of good women players in the state and in nearby states. Aaron and Amy don't have to go far to recruit players who can compete at the DI level.

Comment

Jill Young is a great player but would need to adjust her game and be willing to sacrafice minutes if she wants to be a Jack. She is a scorer first, not to say she isn't a great passer. I am sure Coach J. has and will continue to make clear to her what her role would be on this team as he does to all on the recruiting trail.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                  X