Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2006  lady jack recruits.  

Originally posted by SDSUHuskies
    Sorry but that is a weak recruiting class....Abby Kratovil? She's not the best player on her team, and she can't shoot and she gets her season-highs against really weak teams. Get real..whoelse did they "sign"? hmm...Ketty Cornemann? wow...well, I guess..I don't know what to say on that one.....all I have to say is, if we don't sign Bethany Harlow, Jill Young, Maggie O'Neill, Tessa Wilka, and Kristin Rotert for the CLass of '07, Johnston needs to get his head out of his...ego
    Hey, pass whatever you got over there to me!!!!

WOW!

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Sorry but that is a weak recruiting class....Abby Kratovil? She's not the best player on her team, and she can't shoot and she gets her season-highs against really weak teams. Get real..whoelse did they "sign"? hmm...Ketty Cornemann? wow...well, I guess..I don't know what to say on that one.....all I have to say is, if we don't sign Bethany Harlow, Jill Young, Maggie O'Neill, Tessa Wilka, and Kristin Rotert for the CLass of '07, Johnston needs to get his head out of his...ego
      First post ever and you start off with this? Not doing much of a job gaining credibility with me...

I think you were looking for the Argus Leader forums, thats where the high school trash talkers like to hang out.

Comment

SDSU Huskie
        Unless your name is Pat Summit I doubt you know more about WBB than AJ. Did you get passed over for a scholarship?? Or are you just an idiot??

Comment

Welcome aboard Huskies!...
          I don't know about the rest of you,but I hope SDSUHuskies stays in touch with the forum. I've had a long week and I literally laughed out loud when I read the post!
          Thanks SDSUHuskies!
          Huskies...give me another post..hurry...it's the off-season I need something
          I look forward to following your "weak class" for four years of hard work, thrilling victories, and memories of how a group of young women from across the midwest travel the hemisphere, earn a 4.0 GPA and challenge some of the best in Womens Division One hoops....!
          WHO'S WITH ME???!!!!
          GROWL FOR ME JACKRABBITS!...
          I CAN'T HEAR YOU!
          S-D-S-U...S-D-S-U...S-D-S-U!!!!!!!...Ring the bell for....

Comment

Oh yeah...and A-J?????? He's the man! I'll follow him to battle any day!
            ...and Laurie too!!

Comment

I did a little research on Abby and found that she attended the SDSU individual camp last summer. She was very impressive there. No one could stop her. AJ appently understands that great players only get better when surrounded by other great players. His ability to spot talent is proven. He can get any player he wants in South Dakota. Kratovil and Corneman will cause a lot of problems for opposing teams over the next four years. They have the size, athleticism, attitude and work ethic that it takes to excell in DI. If the girls you listed have all of those qualities they will no doubt be Jackrabbits too. If not they can always play for usdII. Go Jacks!

Comment

About six years ago we got someone by the same of Shannon Schlagel. Who is that????? Were coming off a 15-12 year and we get Shannon Schlagel. AJ is in real trouble. This team is going no where.

Someone who I never herd of did Ok. D2 national Championship and a good d1 season. One thing I will never do is question AJ and Laurie's recruiting. They may not be big names to us but they fit AJ's system.

Comment

They may not be big names to us but they fit AJ's system.

Absolutely correct, every player that Johnston has brought in fits their system, that is why the Women's team has had so much success the last few years and why they will be a force when we finally get in a conference.

Comment

Maybe SDSU Huskies, now that they have their first post out of the way, will find time to attend their 1st womens game. Then they can see that AJ does in fact know what he is doing.

Comment

just outta curiousity but why don't we look at the JUCO side for the team? or is that not AJ's way of coaching and recruiting. i know there are players out there looking to play. maybe Lindsay Wasland was a bad deal for AJ or something. I don't know any details of what happened with her.

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman
                        just outta curiousity but why don't we look at the JUCO side for the team?  or is that not AJ's way of coaching and recruiting.  i know there are players out there looking to play.  maybe Lindsay Wasland was a bad deal for AJ or something.  I don't know any details of what happened with her.
                        Is there a reason we need to look at JUCO's? We've had very good recruiting classes all the way back to the class that were seniors when we played in the Elite 8 in Rochester.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm
                          [quote author=thebluehatman link=1139610182/15#24 date=1151874518]just outta curiousity but why don't we look at the JUCO side for the team? or is that not AJ's way of coaching and recruiting. i know there are players out there looking to play. maybe Lindsay Wasland was a bad deal for AJ or something. I don't know any details of what happened with her.
                          Is there a reason we need to look at JUCO's? We've had very good recruiting classes all the way back to the class that were seniors when we played in the Elite 8 in Rochester.
                          [/quote]

I was wondering the same . . . you go to Juco mainly as a stopgap to fill holes in your lineup. I think the philosophy of both Johnston and Nagy is to bring in freshmen and keep them for 4 or 5 years in the program. Juco transfers are a bit more prominent in the football program, but that's much more of a numbers game that you can gamble on a few Jucos--if they pan out, you get pretty good real fast, if not, you don't hurt your overall program too much.

Basketball is a bit different, as team chemistry is much more critical with the smaller rosters. You need a pretty good reason to upset the balance by bringing in someone who will immediately be expected to if not start, provide quality minutes and leadership from the bench. A whole different dynamic.

If we want to go toe-to-toe with the elite in D-I right away, I could see going after an exceptionally athletic center or strong forward--but everyone in D-I has that very same thought. Our team is undersized vs. the elite D-I women's programs, but 80% of all D-I women's teams can say that. I don't see a critical need right now that going into the Juco ranks would fill. I don't think Carda's departure leaves us that depleted, given the rest of the team coming back and the new freshmen coming in. Perhaps others have a better opinion than mine, though.
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I agree everyone is entitled to their opinions, but seriously some should give them a chance before you start knocking them. AJ's a great coach and Im sure he will have them preparing for the season in their off season workouts as well as working on certain things for the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Basketballfan4life
                              I agree everyone is entitled to their opinions, but seriously some should give them a chance before you start knocking them. AJ's a great coach and Im sure he will have them preparing for the season in their off season workouts as well as working on certain things for the season.

Welcome to the board Basketballfan4life. Thanks for posting.

Go State!

Comment

Working...
                              X