2006  lady jack recruits.  

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006  lady jack recruits.  

Went back through the pages and tried to find the women recruits for next year. I know that Maria Boever is coming but who are the rest of the recruits coming. I couldn't find anything on the web page.. It still lists last years recruits. Maybe they are on here somewhere and I just couldn't find them.. ??? ???

Re: 2006  lady jack recruits.  

from gojacks.com

News at State

November 9, 2005
    SDSU signs five for women's basketball
    Five high school standouts, including two from South Dakota, have signed national letters of intent indicating they will enroll at South Dakota State University next fall and compete for the Jackrabbit women’s basketball program.

Signing Wednesday, the first day of the fall signing period, were:
    • Alison Anderson, 5-7 guard, New Richland, Minn.;
    • Maria Boever, 6-0 forward, Worthington, Minn.;
    • Ketty Cornemann, 5-11 forward, Yankton, S.D.;
    • Abby Kratovil, 6-2 center, Martin, S.D. and
    • Laura Nielsen, 6-2 center, Willmar, Minn.

Anderson enters her senior season at New Richland-Hartland-Ellendale-Geneva High School with 1,160 points and 474 career assists. She earned Class AA all-state honors from the Minnesota Girls’ Basketball Coaches Association during the 2004-05 season and was an honorable mention all-state selection by The Associated Press after averaging 13.3 points, 6.7 assists, 3.8 rebounds and 3.3 steals per game. As a sophomore, Anderson was a second-team all-state pick by The Associated Press, received all-tournament honors at the state tournament and earned the first of two consecutive Albert Lea Tribune Player of the Year awards. A member of the National Honor Society, Anderson also has been an all-area selection in volleyball and has competed at the state track meet in the 400-meter dash.

Boever (pronounced BO-ver) has been a starter at Worthington High School since her freshman year and has helped lead the Trojans to three conference titles and two state tournament appearances. In 2005, she was named the Class 3A Player of the Year by the Minnesota Basketball News after leading the class with 21.2 points per game, while adding 9.4 rebounds and 4.1 steals per game. She also was a first-team all-state selection by the Minnesota Girls’ Basketball Coaches Association and has been recognized on all-state teams three times by The Associated Press. Already Worthington’s career leader with 1,376 points and 656 rebounds, Boever is a 2006 Minnesota Miss Basketball nominee.

Cornemann (pronounced CORN-ah-man) has put together an outstanding all-around prep athletic career, earning all-state honors in four different sports at Yankton High School. An all-Eastern South Dakota pick and first-team all-state selection in basketball in 2005, she averaged 12 points, five rebounds and three assists per game. Cornemann recently was named to the second-team all-state soccer team and was an all-ESD pick in volleyball, a sport in which she was a second-team all-state selection in 2003 and a first-team pick in 2004. A member of the National Honor Society, she also won a state title in the discus as a junior, after placing second as a sophomore.

Kratovil averaged a double-double with 18.9 points and 15 rebounds per game at Bennett County High School last season, earning third-team all-state honors. A three-time all-conference selection in basketball and National Honor Society honoree, Kratovil also excels in volleyball, where she was a second-team all-state selection as a junior. In addition she placed third in the state track and field meet in the discus and fourth in the shot put this past spring.

Nielsen enters her senior season at Willmar High School with career totals of 1,156 points, 781 rebounds, 191 blocked shots and 178 steals. A first-team all-state selection by the Minnesota Girls’ Basketball Coaches Association each of the past two seasons, Nielsen averaged 16.4 points and 9.8 rebounds per game as a junior. She was honored by the Minnesota Basketball News as a first-team all-state pick in 2004 and was on the second team in 2005. Active in many school and community organizations, including the National Honor Society, Nielsen also competes in volleyball and softball.

In addition, Jackrabbit head coach Aaron Johnston announced that Brookings High School standout Nicole Helsper has been accepted for admission at South Dakota State and plans to join the women’s basketball program next fall. Helsper, a 5-7 guard, earned Class AA all-state honors during the 2004-05 season after averaging 10 points, three assists and three steals in helping lead Brookings to the state championship game for the second year in a row. Helsper also has been an all-state selection in soccer and is a member of the National Honor Society.

The Jackrabbits host Upper Iowa in an exhibition game at 7 p.m. Friday at Frost Arena. SDSU opens the 2005-06 regular season Nov. 19 at Nebraska.

Hope this helps you out dozer.

Comment

Thanks--That pretty well does it.. I knew it was somewhere, just didn't know where.

Comment

Also Nicolle Helsper from Brookings has committed

Comment

In addition, Jackrabbit head coach Aaron Johnston announced that Brookings High School standout Nicole Helsper has been accepted for admission at South Dakota State and plans to join the women’s basketball program next fall. Helsper, a 5-7 guard, earned Class AA all-state honors during the 2004-05 season after averaging 10 points, three assists and three steals in helping lead Brookings to the state championship game for the second year in a row. Helsper also has been an all-state selection in soccer and is a member of the National Honor Society.
          Next time I'll re-read the entire article :-[

Comment

Jackrabbit recruit, Laura Nielson, Willmar, Mn, hit 2 free throws to seal a win against Fergus Falls in the Section 8AAA championship. Willmar will play DeLasalle at 10:00 on Wednesday morning.

Fergus Falls sophomore, Hannah Draxten, is a another player to watch. She will play in college somewhere.

From the West Central Tribune-

http://www.wctrib.com/articles/index...8§ion=homepage

From the Fargo Forum -

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/ind...220§ion=Sports
            An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens.Robert Benchley
            US actor, author, & humorist (1889 - 1945)

Comment

Jessica Heine, a Jackrabbit soccer recruit in 06, had a great AA tournament for O'Gorman. Not a ton of points, but hit some big shots and always guarded the other teams best player.

Comment

Hey everyone,

Its been awhile since I have written. I have been watching Girls state basketball in MN and there is a young lady (Hannah Linz) from Eden Valley-Watkins that has 1000 points and she is only a freshman. She is 5-10 that plays either the 2 or 3 position. As I am writing this she has 32 points in the semifinal game with 4:50 left in the game. I hope this young lady continues the hard work for the next few years in HS. If she does she could look good in blue and gold.
                http://www.twincities.com/mld/twinci...l/14118848.htm

Comment

Its been awhile since I have written. I have been watching Girls state basketball in MN and there is a young lady (Hannah Linz) from Eden Valley-Watkins that has 1000 points and she is only a freshman. She is 5-10 that plays either the 2 or 3 position. As I am writing this she has 32 points in the semifinal game with 4:50 left in the game. I hope this young lady continues the hard work for the next few years in HS. If she does she could look good in blue and gold.
                  We better lay it on extra heavy, because those in Maroon and Gold have a eye on her for sure.

Comment

All three of SDSU's womens recruits from South Dakota ended up on the first team all-state team. In AA Nicole Helsper and Ketty Cornemann and from A Abby Kratovil.

Comment

The list of South Dakota Miss Basketball finalists was in the Argus today. It included to SDSU recruits, Ketty Cornemann of Yankton and Abby Kratovil of Bennet Springs.

Congrats to the two of them.

Comment

Looks like one of our Minnesota recruits made the Timberwolves Ten. Pretty cool........Can't wait to see her play. See where all the other girls on this list are going, all bigger schools. Looks like pretty good recruiting to me.

http://www.nba.com/timberwolves/comm..._girls_06.html

Timberwolves FastBreak Foundation & The Schwan Food Company Announce Girls Timberwolves Ten Award Winners

April 27, 2006
                        Minneapolis/St. Paul - The Minnesota Timberwolves FastBreak Foundation and The Schwan Food Company today announced the girls winners of the third annual Timberwolves Ten awards program.

The Timberwolves Ten awards program is designed to honor the top senior girls and boys high school basketball players throughout Minnesota. A Blue Ribbon Committee consisting of coaches, league officials and media members selected the winners. First Team members will be invited to a brunch at NBA City prior to being recognized in an on-court presentation during the Timberwolves game vs. Golden State on April 2.

The Timberwolves Ten girls First and Second Teams are as follows:

Timberwolves Ten girls First Team

Jenna Smith - Bloomington Kennedy High School
                        Notables: 2006 Miss Basketball nominee…2006 AP All-State Player of the Year… 2006 Star Tribune Metro Player of the Year…averaged 21.1 ppg this season.
                        College: Committed to the University of Illinois.

Jillian Schurle - Hopkins High School
                        Notables: 2006 Miss Basketball nominee…2006 AP First-Team All-State…2006 Star Tribune All-Metro First Team…averaged 21.2 ppg this season.
                        College: Committed to Princeton University.

Breanna Salley - St. Francis High School
                        Notables: 2006 Miss Basketball nominee…2006 AP First Team All-State…2006 Star Tribune All-Metro First Team…averaged 26.4 ppg this season.
                        College: Committed to the University of Minnesota.

Kelly Mullaney - Breck High School
                        Notables: 2006 Miss Basketball nominee…2006 AP All-State Honorable Mention… averaged 22.3 ppg this season.
                        College: Uncommitted.

Cory Montgomery - Cannon Falls High School
                        Notables: 2006 Miss Basketball nominee…2006 AP First Team All-State…scored 2,000+ career points.
                        College: Committed to the University of Nebraska.

Timberwolves Ten girls Second Team

Katie DeWitt - Centennial High School
                        Notables: 2006 Miss Basketball nominee… averaged 17.8 ppg this season.
                        College: Committed to Drake University.

Amy Beggin - Roseville High School
                        Notables: 2006 Miss Basketball nominee… averaged 16.5 ppg this season.
                        College: Committed to New Mexico.

Lindsay Laur - Cretin-Durham Hall High School
                        Notables: 2006 Miss Basketball nominee… averaged 21.7 ppg this season.
                        College: Committed to Colorado State University.

Jessica Miller - Academy of Holy Angels
                        Notables: 2006 Miss Basketball nominee… averaged 26 ppg this season.
                        College: Undecided.

Maria Boever - Worthington High School
                        Notables: 2006 Miss Basketball nominee… averaged 21.2 ppg this season.
                        College: Committed to South Dakota State University.

Nomination forms for the awards were sent out to every high school in the state, in addition to all members of the Minnesota State High School League Officials Association. Nominators were asked to select qualified senior male and female student-athletes based on their basketball skills and community involvement.

Comment

Sorry but that is a weak recruiting class....Abby Kratovil? She's not the best player on her team, and she can't shoot and she gets her season-highs against really weak teams. Get real..whoelse did they "sign"? hmm...Ketty Cornemann? wow...well, I guess..I don't know what to say on that one.....all I have to say is, if we don't sign Bethany Harlow, Jill Young, Maggie O'Neill, Tessa Wilka, and Kristin Rotert for the CLass of '07, Johnston needs to get his head out of his...ego

Comment

apparently a 6-2 girl who averaged 18.9 points and 15 rebounds per game at Bennett County High School her junior year is someone who doesnt make this guy seem excited. he probably thought the same things when aj got vogel, or when aj got sieler, or the list could go on. apparently all state and miss basketball nominees from south dakota aren't something that impresses this guy.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUHuskies
                              Sorry but that is a weak recruiting class....Abby Kratovil? She's not the best player on her team, and she can't shoot and she gets her season-highs against really weak teams. Get real..whoelse did they "sign"? hmm...Ketty Cornemann? wow...well, I guess..I don't know what to say on that one.....all I have to say is, if we don't sign Bethany Harlow, Jill Young, Maggie O'Neill, Tessa Wilka, and Kristin Rotert for the CLass of '07, Johnston needs to get his head out of his...ego
                              Everybody's entitled to their opinion, I guess . . .
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                              X