SDSU WOMENS BB #1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDSU WOMENS BB #1

Just released, SDSU womens basketball team lead Division 1 GPA this past year (3.73), In fact they had the highest GPA in all divisions (I,II, III) NAIA, and JuCo.

Way to go Jacks!!

Not only awesome on the court but in the classroom!!!

Re: SDSU WOMENS BB #1

That is absolutely outstanding.  I have always beem so proud of the quality of the young women who have played basketball at SDSU.  All the way back into the early years of Coach Neiber's tenure right through to today, you can count on our team to be a class act on and off the court!

Congratulations to Coach Johnston, Coach Mehlum, and all of the players!  [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

IS THIS OUR FIRST NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP IN DIVISION 1???   [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Kudos to the women's basketball team, coaches, and all of the professors, lecturers, and everyone else involved. A wonderful achievement!
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Thats the way it should be! Congrats to the Women's team ;D

Comment

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...PORTS/60718018

In making the Academic Top 25 Honor Roll for the third consecutive year and fourth time overall, the Jackrabbits led the nation with a 3.730 team GPA. That figure continued the team’s upward trend, following a 3.567 team GPA and second-place showing during the 2004-05 season, SDSU's inaugural year at the Division I level. SDSU also received the award during the 2003-04 season with a 3.407 team GPA.

“We had a really dedicated team committed to doing both academics and athletics,” head coach Aaron Johnston, who led the Jackrabbits to a 19-9 record in 2005-06, said in a press release. “Being in the top 15 of the WBCA Academic Top 25 is always a goal of ours.”

Congrats girls keep up the good work on an off the court.

Comment

Our women's basketball team has been the shining star of the athletic department for the past 5 years with all of the on and off the court accomplishments. This is a class act, model program. Great work AJ and everyone involved with WBB at SDSU.

Comment

What a proud day for all SDSU athletes, students, faculty, alumni and supporters. Dare I say a great day for all of South Dakota. Accolades like this should go a long way when it comes to cementing our position as a premier institution of higher learning.

Congrats to all the women, coaches, and faculty who made this award a reality.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozark_Jack
                Just released, SDSU womens basketball team lead Division 1 GPA this past year (3.73), In fact they had the highest GPA in all divisions (I,II, III) NAIA, and JuCo.

Way to go Jacks!!

Not only awesome on the court but in the classroom!!!
                I did a little calculating.

That is over 1350 womens basketball programs in the nation.

#1 of 1350 (all classes) is a pretty nice accomplishment.  Way to go Jacks Basketball women!

Comment

For those of you who do not have access to the print edition of the Sioux Falls Argus, the GPA story was front page news. The print version as opposed to internet version probably still has more readers. This is good for gaining more support in Sioux Falls. I think Chris's comment about academic concerns and D1 is the real important point of this article. I would look for a compliementry editorial to follow.

Over on the lower right hand corner of the sports section was the announcement of the USD D1 committee formation. The Argus staff is to be commended for layout of this particular edition.

Comment

WOW!!!!! ;D Ladies!!!! Like on the court, now demonstrated in the classroom, you earn all the cheers, respect through your efforts.

Congrats to the Coaches, Athletic Dept, and Prof's that hold athletes to a high expectation in the classroom. In the long-term of their lives, those high grades, and the learning behind them, will make a difference that the blossom of their college athletics can't hold.

What a stellar achievement!

Posted at AnyGivenSaturday.com - other sports.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/foru...ad.php?t=11509

Comment

I believe the paper version indicated that the team GPA has gone up every year since the move has been made.

Congratulations to everyone already cited, and to the parents & families of these athletes that set the foundation.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

It was great to see that story on the top of the front page of today's Argus.

The women's cross country team was #3 in academics.

I think back to a few years ago when some people were very upset with President Miller and Dr. Oien about the move to D1...things are looking pretty darned good now. The critics have been silenced.

Comment

From the Mid-Con site:

http://www.mid-con.com/release.asp?RELEASE_ID=4038

The Valparaiso and Oakland women's basketball teams finished in the Top 10 on the Women’s Basketball Coaches Association (WBCA) Academic Honor Roll this season. The award recognizes teams throughout the nation that have the highest grade point averages (GPA) for the 2005-2006 season based upon nominations submitted by WBCA-member coaches. South Dakota State had the highest team GPA in Division I with a 3.730 mark.

Valparaiso finished the 2005-2006 school year ranked fourth in NCAA Division I with a 3.468 team GPA. This is the eighth-straight season that the Crusaders have finished in the Top 25 on the WBCA Academic Honor Roll and marks the highest finish in the last eight seasons.

Mid-Con Tournament champion Oakland came in seventh with a 3.402 team GPA. The Golden Grizzlies are making their third appearance in the Top 25 in the last four years.

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack
                            From the Mid-Con site:

http://www.mid-con.com/release.asp?RELEASE_ID=4038

The Valparaiso and Oakland women's basketball teams finished in the Top 10 on the Women’s Basketball Coaches Association (WBCA) Academic Honor Roll this season. The award recognizes teams throughout the nation that have the highest grade point averages (GPA) for the 2005-2006 season based upon nominations submitted by WBCA-member coaches. South Dakota State had the highest team GPA in Division I with a 3.730 mark.

Valparaiso finished the 2005-2006 school year ranked fourth in NCAA Division I with a 3.468 team GPA. This is the eighth-straight season that the Crusaders have finished in the Top 25 on the WBCA Academic Honor Roll and marks the highest finish in the last eight seasons.

Mid-Con Tournament champion Oakland came in seventh with a 3.402 team GPA. The Golden Grizzlies are making their third appearance in the Top 25 in the last four years.
                            It appears we may be closer to an "Ivy League" than our envious neighbors to the south who like to claim they already are.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

If this was already posted, sorry

Good article on CSTV.com on the SDSU Jackrabbits.

Ballers and Brainiacs

Classroom success breeds a new kind of top 10 team  http://www.cstv.com/sports/w-baskbl/...072006aag.html

It's a safe bet that anyone who picked South Dakota State to be number one at the end of last season would have faced a stunned silence, punctuated by the occasional cricket. But according to the WBCA, that's exactly what happened: The Jackrabbits topped the WBCA's annual academic honor roll, with the highest team GPA in women's basketball, across all levels of the collegiate game....

We...ARE...STATE!
                              SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

Working...
                              X