• Show
Clear All

• Rotert committs to SDSU

McCook Central standout committs to SDSU
    Rotert will play for Jackrabbits in 2007-08

By Chris Solari
    csolari@argusleader.com
    August 7, 2006

McCook Central standout Kristin Rotert has verbally committed to play women’s basketball at South Dakota State.

Rotert, a 6-foot guard/forward who will be a senior this fall, said she told Coach Aaron Johnston over the weekend that she will join his Jackrabbits for the 2007 season.

“I wanted to play this year and not have to worry about where I was going to play in college,” Rotert said. “SDSU has a great program that’s really going in the right direction. That’s something I want to be part of.”

One of the state’s top long-range shooters, Rotert made 80 3-pointers and shot 45.4 percent from behind the arc in 2006. She averaged 22.4 points, 6.2 rebounds, 2.5 assists, 2.8 steals and 3.1 blocks a game for the Cougars.

The Salem native was one of the Argus Leader’s First Five selections this winter and a member of the South Dakota Elite girls team this summer. She said she chose SDSU over four or five other Division I colleges.

Rotert is the second South Dakota player to say she will play for the Jackrabbits in 2007. Roosevelt senior Jennifer Schuttloffel said last week that she gave SDSU a verbal commitment.

NCAA rules do not allow college coaches to discuss verbal commitments until a National Letter of Intent is signed.

GOOD NEWS, ANOTHER SOLID PLAYER COMING TO PLAY FOR THE JACKS!

SUPERBUNNY

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Re: Rotert committs to SDSU

Anyone have insight into who the four or five other DI schools were?
    @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
    --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

I believe she mentioned that Creighton, Drake, and NDSU were talking with her. I am not sure on any others. I will do some recon and see what I can find out. She is a close friend of my nieces.

Comment

A more detailed story about Rotert committment to the Jacks in the Mitchell Daily Republic: Some great quotes in this interview.

http://www.mitchellrepublic.com/arti...section=Sports

Comment

From the Mitchell Daily Republic article linked above:
          Rotert’s final choices came down to Augustana, Creighton, North Dakota State and Missouri. She credits playing on the Elite with helping to get her noticed from D-I schools.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

How many schollies will we have to give out for the 2007-08 incoming class? I think we have three to give out (WBB has a max of 15) and will have one left if both of these women sign their letters of intent come signing day.

It's great to see SD basketball players make a commitment to SDSU!

Comment

This was a very good signing by SDSU. This girl is a stud. She will be a great college player.

Comment

Working...
              X