• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006-07 SDSU Women's Basketball Prospectus

They have posted the 2006-07 SDSU Women's Basketball Prospectus at:

www.gojacks.com

Re: 2006-07 SDSU Women's Basketball Prospectus

I'm getting excited for the 21st straight winning season for the SDSU women's basketball program!!!

Comment

The ladies have a lot of talent, I can't wait to see what they have to offer us this year. The Freshmen look good.

Comment

Here is a season preview story from the Brookings Register:

http://www.brookingsregister.com/e_e...e_id=e-edition

SDSU women face tough schedule

BY LONNY ANDERSON The Brookings Register

In only its second season of Division I competition last year, the South Dakota State women’s basketball team made itself known in a big way — winning 19 games and nearly earning the school its first ever trip to the Women’s National Invitational Tournament.

That set the bar high for this year’s team, but to repeat last year’s success the Jackrabbits will have to hurdle a host of new challenges as the team prepares for its move to the Mid-Continent Conference next season .

SDSU opened the 2006-2007 season with an 78-60 exhibition win over Bemidji State (Minn.), and will play its final preseason game Friday against Minnesota-Crookston . Opening tip is scheduled for 7 p.m. at Frost Arena. With six true freshman and only three returning starters on this year’s squad, SDSU head coach Aaron Johnston said this year’s team is one of the “strongest and most athletic” teams SDSU has had in a while.

To see where all the newcomers fit into the scheme of things, Johnston said the Jacks are using the preseason to gauge their progress — a mighty task, as the team prepares for the toughest schedule SDSU has ever faced.

The Jackrabbits open the regular season on the road on Nov. 11 at Kent State (Ohio), and then travel to play NCAA Tournament qualifier Middle Tennessee State on Nov. 13 in the first of eight matchups for SDSU against opponents who reached the postseason last year.

SDSU kicks off its home season on Nov. 17 against Southern California, who finished with a 19-12 record last season and lost to Duke in the second round of the NCAA Tournament. California is as good as any team we’ve ever had in Frost Arena,” Johnston said. “They’ll be back in the postseason, no doubt.” . . . (read more)

Go State!

Comment

Should have a good idea where are women will be by the end of next week.  Our second opponent Mid Tenn St. just gave #1 Maryland all they wanted before Maryland survived by four.  USC, third opponent, just defeated Long Beach State by 35 (Long Beach St. beat us last year in Cali) .  First things first, let's go out and get a little revenge against Kent State for the debacle our men put together on Friday.
          "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Working...
          X