National Letter of Intent Day Wednesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Letter of Intent Day Wednesday

Wednesday, Nov. 8 is the first day to sign National Letters of Intent during the early period for both Men and Women.  So I thought it was time to start a thread on the Day.  The senior verbals should become official as well as other possible announcements.

Re: National Letter of Intent Day Wednesday

Again are known verbals Jennifer Schuttloffell 5'11 Forward Sioux Falls Roosevelt
    Macie Mickelson Point Guard Marshall,MN and Kristen Rotert 6'0 guard/forward from McCook Central. Seems we have one more scholarship for 07.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII
      Again are known verbals Jennifer Schuttloffell 5'11 Forward Sioux Falls Roosevelt
      Macie Mickelson Point Guard Marshall,MN and Kristen Rotert 6'0 guard/forward from McCook Central. Seems we have one more scholarship for 07.
      All are now officially Jackrabbits. Welcome to SDSU and may good luck follow you all over the court.

Comment

Here is the official announcement on the girls that were signed today

Jackrabbit women sign three
        Three area high school standouts have signed national letters of intent indicating they will enroll at South Dakota State University next fall and compete for the Jackrabbit women’s basketball program.

Signing Wednesday, the first day of the November signing period, were:
        • Macie Michelson, 5-6 point guard, Lynd, Minn. (Marshall High School);
        • Kristin Rotert, 6-0 wing, Salem, S.D. (McCook Central High School);
        • Jennifer Schuttloffel, 5-11 forward, Sioux Falls, S.D. (Roosevelt High School)

Read more...

http://www3.sdstate.edu/Athletics/Va...cfm?Id=46,5493
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

This is a nice class of recruits. (Even without Jill Young.) The women's program is getting a nice. regular flow of talent coming into the program to replace seniors. Hopefully the men will get that kind of recruiting rhythem in another year or so.
          This space for lease.

Comment

If any of these girls turns out to be as good as Rotert then this will be a great class, because Rotert is a stud.

Comment

Rotert is a 6-foot wing out of McCook Central. A first-team all-state selection, she averaged 22.4 points and 6.4 rebounds as a junior and set a state-tournament record by making 14 3-pointers in three games.
              A few posters have claimed that Rotert is a stud.  I did not realize that she is a 6-foot wing player however.  That has to cause some matchup problems for other teams.  Even D-1 teams.  Nice signing by the Jacks and AJ.

Go State!!! 8-) 8-) 8-)
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)

Comment

Rotert is a solid pickup.

Big girl who can shoot the three, or put it on the floor.

Fairly quick...not super fast, but with her size, she's fast enough to get her own shot up.

Shut is just a real solid player. She's nothing too fancy...but seems to do everything pretty well.

Haven't seen the girl from Minnesota. She has nice numbers, and runs the point, too.

Comment

Hey Coach,

I saw Warkenthein last year at Long Beach St. She was able to play inside and outside. She is also 6'-0". Can you compare the two styles of play of her and Rotert? I would not really call her a wing player, more of a 4, than a 2 or 3. I have not seen Rotert play, obviously since in Nor Cal.

Also about Boever, I see she is listed 6'-1". Will she play the 2, 3 or 4. Can you compare her to Warkenthein's game.

Go State!!! 8-) 8-) 8-)

(\__/)
                  (='.'=)

Comment

Macie Michaelson is pretty tough.  She will be asked to do a lot more scoring this year on her HS team, but she leaves it all out the court for sure and would be a great PG for the Jacks.  Seems as if though, that the guard spot is pretty heavy with underclassmen already so possibly a shirt is in order for her.

I'll see if I can't keep you all posted on her play this season.

Comment

Thanks for the info, Dwight, and welcome to the board!

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack
                        Hey Coach,

I saw Warkenthein last year at Long Beach St.  She was able to play inside and outside.  She is also 6'-0".  Can you compare the two styles of play of her and Rotert?  I would not really call her a wing player, more of a 4, than a 2 or 3.  I have not seen Rotert play, obviously since in Nor Cal.

Also about Boever, I see she is listed 6'-1".  Will she play the 2, 3 or 4.  Can you compare her to Warkenthein's game.

Go State!!! 8-) 8-) 8-)
                        I have a friend over in SW Minnesota and he says the coaches in his area expect Boever to be a star at this level. For what thats worth.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack
                          Hey Coach,

I saw Warkenthein last year at Long Beach St.  She was able to play inside and outside.  She is also 6'-0".  Can you compare the two styles of play of her and Rotert?  I would not really call her a wing player, more of a 4, than a 2 or 3.  I have not seen Rotert play, obviously since in Nor Cal.

Also about Boever, I see she is listed 6'-1".  Will she play the 2, 3 or 4.  Can you compare her to Warkenthein's game.

Go State!!! 8-) 8-) 8-)
                          In HS, Warkenthein was more of a classic post player...She did go outside, as her HS team (willow lake) ran a patterned offense, but she was the "token big girl" on the team.

Rotert plays pretty much point guard. She's maybe not quite as strong as Jen in the post, but a better 3 point shooter. It's really tough to guard her outside...she's so tall she can shoot over any Guards, and if you put a post on her, she just drives by them.

Boever...I only saw during a team camp before her last year of HS b-ball, and a little last summer...she's a good player. She'll most likely be a 4, maybe a 3. She's similiar to Jen.

I really liked Kratovil. She's big, and athletic, and her movement is phenomenal for a post player. So many times, you see a big girl, who always just plays with their back to the basket, because that's all they have learned, because they've been bigger than everyone else. Abby could be a stud. Maybe not right away...but she'll get time this year, and be a force by the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight Schrute
                            Macie Michaelson is pretty tough.  She will be asked to do a lot more scoring this year on her HS team, but she leaves it all out the court for sure and would be a great PG for the Jacks.  Seems as if though, that the guard spot is pretty heavy with underclassmen already so possibly a shirt is in order for her.

I'll see if I can't keep you all posted on her play this season.
                            Thanks Dwight.

BTW...I love your username.

Comment

Da Coach,

Thanks for your insight. Like I said, being in NorCal I don't get a chance to see high school girls play from South Dakota. I only get to listen to the SDSU girls team on the radio and occasionally get to see them if they play in Calfornia. I'm looking forward to seeing the team at UC Davis on January 5th.

Good luck tonight against USC!

Go State!!! 8-) 8-) 8-)
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)

Comment

Working...
                              X