Baylor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Baylor

By the way on ESPN.com in the Scores section, they have us listed as "South Dakota". Also, they only have the score as of halftime.

Comment

Congrats to Vogel and Grimsrud for making the all tourney team.

Comment

We took on an elite program and played them tough. A lesser team could have easily folded after falling behind early, but we kept within 5-10 points until the final minutes when we rushed on offense and threw up some desperation shots.

Baylor is probably the best team we will face all season. Every game for the remainder of the season is winnable, IMHO. I'm not saying that we're going to rip off 23 in a row; we should expect A.J.'s squad to be very competitive in every matchup this season.

Comment

Now the girls get to have some fun and play in the water and the sun. I know Meier's boy is really missing her and can't wait for her to get back.

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman
            Now the girls get to have some fun and play in the water and the sun. I know Meier's boy is really missing her and can't wait for her to get back.
            The team is probably getting ready for Arkansas State as we speak........I would say that spring break is after the end of the season, but our gals will likely be getting ready for the WNIT.

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk78
              [quote author=thebluehatman link=1164465742/45#48 date=1164494438]Now the girls get to have some fun and play in the water and the sun.  I know Meier's boy is really missing her and can't wait for her to get back.  
              The team is probably getting ready for Arkansas State as we speak........I would say that spring break is after the end of the season, but our gals will likely be getting ready for the WNIT.  [/quote]
              Haha not a chance. They have a day off to have fun and goof off and interact with the Fans who made the trip down with them.

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman
                [quote author=NightHawk78 link=1164465742/45#49 date=1164494760][quote author=thebluehatman link=1164465742/45#48 date=1164494438]Now the girls get to have some fun and play in the water and the sun. I know Meier's boy is really missing her and can't wait for her to get back.
                The team is probably getting ready for Arkansas State as we speak........I would say that spring break is after the end of the season, but our gals will likely be getting ready for the WNIT. [/quote]
                Haha not a chance. They have a day off to have fun and goof off and interact with the Fans who made the trip down with them. [/quote]

Well, bluehat, you have more knowledge of the team's itinerary than I do .

Comment

Baylor was just a bit faster, a bit stronger, and a bit bigger than the Jackrabbits today. Even so, I'm guessing all the Jackrabbits think that they could have won the game. That's probably true, but it would have taken a bad night from Baylor, or a very good 3-point shooting night from us (and maybe a friendly official's call or two).

I think the outcome of the game is a fair indication of how far we've come, as well as how far we have yet to go.
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

photo's from the game from yahoo

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaw/photo;...26&prov=ap

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaw/photo;...24&prov=ap

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaw/photo?...23&prov=ap

Comment

Well, it was inevitable, we aren't going to win EVERY game... but it's a fair indication we'll win a LOT more games than we'll lose and we'll be kicking down the door for a WNIT spot!
                      I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

I have been totally impressed with our team so far this season. I cross my fingers and hope that we remain injury and illness free.

Comment

Listening to Scotty's call of the game and AJ's quotes after the game, it sounded like Baylor was a pretty solid team with a lot of experience that has been carried over from there championship team a couple of years ago.

I think our championship in 2003 is what has helped us be so succesful this far in the transition and we finally ran into another team that has more experience. We still gave them a good contest even though the final got a bit out of hand! Ho hum, another 20+ for Vogel! Sounds like Grimsrud had a great tournament with 8 blocks against Baylor! AJ commented how Ketty Cornemann's confidence continues to grow. She's going to be a very solid player!

I wouldn't want to have to play this bunch after a loss, my guess is that they will really get after Arkansas State tomorrow!

Keep up the strong play ladies!

SUPERBUNNY
                          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Snookums and I went on an excursion to "swim with the dolphins" yesterday morning . . . on that same excursion was Mississippi coach Carol Ross, and we got to talk to her for a while. (Snookums' Tenneseee background is handy for making that immediate connection in the world of women's athletics, don't cha know, they both knew well Snookums' trainer in her Lady Vols Volleyball-playing days).

Anyway, one of the things Coach Ross said was that the entire SEC knew about SDSU, and the word was out among the conference coaches to "Beware the Jackrabbits" after their wins against Kentucky two years ago, and their two wins against Alabama.

Very nice words and a great deal of professional respect from Carol Ross, one of the head coaches of one of THE elite women's college basketball conferences in the country.

And, one of the two dolphins we swam with took a particular liking to Coach Ross. I think it wanted a scholarship, or maybe even a walk-on (or would that be a swim-on?)

"I think we'll be OK"

Comment

One last note from the Bahamas:

The local beer is "Kalik."

On the back of the label is written:
                              For over two centuries, the Bahamas has celebrated the festival of Junkaoo with the distinctive "Kalik, Kalik" sound of cowbells, colorful handmade costumes and a celebration that lasts until dawn. Today the party continues with Kalik beer. Brewed from the finest selected malt, hops, and pure water, Kalek, the sound of great tasting beer.
                              Kalik has that slightly heavier taste that most foreign beers have vs. the American industrial lagers, but isn't too bad--especially when you get tired of the Bahama Mamas and other fruity island-beach drinks. You might be able to find it at World Market (in S.F. for instance) but I wouldn't hold my breath . . . apparently it's export to the U.S. is spotty at best.

So we raise a final Kalik to the Bahamas, and the Jackrabbits, and begin the journey home . . .
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                              X