Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honorable Mention in USA/ESPN Poll

WOW we got votes!!!

The USA Today/ESPN poll gave us 3 votes as honorable mention in this weeks top 25 poll.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/colle...l/usatpoll.htm

We have more votes than Middle Tennessee and Virginia. So. Cal still has 14 votes. This is fantastic news!!!!

Congratulations to the women's basketball program!! Good Job!!

Go State!!!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Re: Honorable Mention in USA/ESPN Poll

That's more like it!

BEAT VIRGINIA! GO RABBITS!
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Here is the story on the SDSU athletics web page.

http://www3.sdstate.edu/Athletics/Va...cfm?Id=46,5546

Now lets beat Virginia!

Go State!!! 8-) 8-) 8-)
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack
        WOW we got votes!!!

The USA Today/ESPN poll gave us 3 votes as honorable mention in this weeks top 25 poll.

We have more votes than Middle Tennessee and Virginia.  So. Cal still has 14 votes.  This is fantastic news!!!!

Congratulations to the women's basketball program!! Good Job!!

Go State!!!    
        3 years into the transition and we are getting votes in THE national poll. Naysayers what do you say now? Something else ridiculous I am sure. In a matter of time we will be competing for a conference championship and an autobid to the NCAA tourney. That, my friends, is what its about.

Congrats to AJ, the players and all who support SDSU. Lets keep this ball rolling.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

The SDSU Women pick up a couple more votes this week in the ESPN/USA Today Coaches Poll, up to 5 votes this week.

Comment

After Thursday night's 10+ point victory over Arkansas State, we'll break into the top 25.

The Arkansas State fan message board was pretty funny after the men's victory. Some of the posters commented on the upcoming women's game...they seem to recognize the Jackrabbit's are tough but they still think they'll win. I'm looking forward to Thursday.

Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by MID-CON JACK
              After Thursday night's 10+ point victory over Arkansas State, we'll break into the top 25.
              I don't think we'll crack the Top 25 next week (we probably need to win five or six in a row in order to do so)....... but the word is starting to get out on SDSU across the world on women's basketball.......

Comment

agree, after following how the FB slowly climbed into the polls I realize it takes time. First they need to get noticed, which has happened. Second, other teams need to struggle to open up spots to climb. If they Ladies continue pace, the large amount of W's and few L's will get them in eventually.

Comment

Amusing, meaningless observation:

SDSU's women's basketball team received as many votes (5) this week in the Division I poll as USD did in the Division II poll . . .
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert
                    Amusing, meaningless observation:

SDSU's women's basketball team received as many votes (5) this week in the Division I poll as USD did in the Division II poll . . .
                    And we all know that there really isn't much difference between DI and DII. ;D
                    @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                    --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Some interesting stuff from the Sagarin Ratings also (USA Today), which has the Jacks at #13 spot (Baylor @ #4). Not the same as the AP and ESPN polls, but still one of the most reputable of all the ranking services. And what was really interesting is that SDSU's women had the #1 ranked schedule at this point in the season (which helped, of course in showing up at #13).

Not too hard to understand when most of the other schools are playing weaker teams in the early season, and we are playing the tougher teams (every team we have played so far has received points in the various polls).

Here's a link to the women's site if you don't have it:

http://www.rpiratings.com/womrate.htm

Comment

Jacks actually at #12 above Duke 8-)

Ark. St at 76

A loss to Ark St will drop, but but it shouldn't be a nose-dive. Need another 3-4 win streak again.

Comment

Wow, your WBB team is really good. I wish I could say the same with our WBB team....but they are coming together.

Comment

Nice job Lady Rabbits, I'm glad there is one good team in the Dakotas
                            "No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child"

Comment

Here is another Argus article about the women's team getting votes in the polls.

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...33/1002/SPORTS

Go State!!! 8-) 8-) 8-)
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)

Comment

Working...
                              X