• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kansas

Knock em down ladies

Comment

10.9 seconds to go.......SDSU up 51-48 with one Verdegan free throw to go.....KU TO.......Verdegan makes the second FT

Comment

timeout by Kansas to draw up a play.
        Kansas coached by former St. Cloud standout.
        Verdegan shoots the second shot: GOOD!
        4 PT GAME
        52-48

Comment

Big Mo with the block.

Comment

Jacks win 53-48!

Comment

YES!!!!!
              “Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.” -Bernard Shaw

Comment

moRGAN MEIER BLOCKS A SHOT
                Muckenhirn shooting free throws
                hits the first

\\FINAL    53-48 RABBITS WIN AT ALLEN FIELDHOUSE ON THE NAISMITH COURT WHERE IT WAS ALL INVENTED (well, at least it is named after the guy who invented the game!)

Comment

Ugly 2nd half but scrappy enough to win good job ladies......keep rolling Saturday @ Frost!

Comment

Way to hang in there and win, Jacks. A win is a win, and this is a big one. Very impressive.
                    This space for lease.

Comment

• Re: Kansas

Just got home and checked out the thread. Last score I heard was us 13 in the first half. Looks like KU made a heck of a run but the Jacks were able to pull it out. They've done this a few times this year, good sign to see for a young team.

Great win for the Rabbits!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksbacker11
                        Ugly 2nd half but scrappy enough to win good job ladies......keep rolling Saturday @ Frost!
                        I think that pretty well sums it up.  I went from making an ass out of u and me by thinking we had it won to sweating it out at the end.  It almost feels more rewarding that way.  I can't imagine being 19 years old on the FT line, up by 2 with under a minute left, shooting the front end of a one-on-one.  Talented young ladies with nerves of steel.  Great job Jacks!!!
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

http://kuathletics.cstv.com/sports/w...120606aad.html
                          South Dakota State Quotes

Head Coach Aaron Johnston
                          On the game:
                          "This is a really good indication of what a momentum sport basketball is. It is hard to get momentum and it is hard to keep momentum. I thought in the first half we clearly had it and were very comfortable and very good offensively. In the second half, it was the complete opposite. Kansas had momentum and they were far more aggressive. It was really two exact opposites for each team depending on the half. In the second half, we had as many turnovers as we had points. Some of those were forced by great defense by Kansas and some of those were some youthful mistakes or things that we can do much better. It was just a game of momentum from the first half to the second half."

On defeating a Big 12 team:
                          "I do not think we look at this and think this is a landmark, but it is a big win. It is as big as beating USC, Virginia and anybody. It was a fun win, but I think the thing that was really good for us in this win was we had some really big plays when things were not going well. They had just hit a three to tie things up, but Megan (Vogel) came back and hit a big three. Sometimes in basketball on the road, the right play at the right time is more important than playing a great game, and I think we can take some things from this."

Head Coach Bonnie Henrickson
                          On the game:
                          "We are proud of the kids in the second half. We told them at the media timeout that we were going to try to cut it (the lead) to 15 and it ended up being 12. We were just trying to make it (the comeback) into simple increments because young kids think it's going to happen in one possession. We forced them into 29 turnovers and I told them `If we are going to shoot it this bad, then we need more shots.' I thought we did that, and we got some opportunities in transition."

On South Dakota State:
                          "Give South Dakota State credit for how they came into the gym and held on at the end and made free throws. That's why they are good. That's why they've had a good year in their transition to (NCAA) Division I."

On the second half:
                          "I thought we got help off of some screens. We guarded, we created, we had a lot more traffic in the lane, our weak side help was better. In that first half, we made them shoot layups to get up by 20 points. In the second half, they didn't get an easy look. We were tough, physical and smart. Defensively, we can be that good, but we can't expect to win 48-47. We have to be able to score; offensively, we have to be better."

Comment

Nice win!  8-)

http://kuathletics.cstv.com/sports/w...20606aac.html#

Second Half Rally Falls Short as South Dakota State Defeats KU, 53-48

LAWRENCE, Kan. -

Despite a furious second-half comeback, the University of Kansas women's basketball team fell to South Dakota State, 52-48, Wednesday night at Allen Fieldhouse.  The loss drops the Jayhawks to 4-3 while the Jackrabbits improve to 6-2.

KU trailed 37-17 at the break after shooting 26.1 percent and committing 14 turnovers. However, the Jayhawks staged a valiant comeback in the second half, opening the frame on a torrid 28-8 run, which culminated on a three-pointer by freshman Kelly Kohn to knot the contest at 45.  The 20-point deficit overcome by KU was its biggest comeback of the year.  

SDSU's Megan Vogel answered on the next possession though with a three-pointer of her own, putting the Jackrabbits on top for good.  .  .  .  (read more)

Go State!  

Comment

Good job by AJ in changing to a zone midway through the 2nd half. Kansas was on a roll and all of the momentum was on their side. By going to a zone, it forced the Jayhawks to shoot from the outside more and their perimeter game was off tonight. This slowed down the Jayhawks and swung the momentum back in our favor. With the women's team on their heels, the zone allowed them to get back on their feet and settle down. It is these small adjustments during a game that really make AJ a good coach. He obviously has other good qualities that make him a good coach, but I want to point this out to everyone.

Again good job AJ and good job Jacks!!!

Go State!!! 8-) 8-) 8-)
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)
                              (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

WOW!!! Just got done reading this thread...I wasn't able to listen to the game tonight. Tale of 2 halves, but the Lady Jackrabbits take down another major conference team...ON THE ROAD. These are the type of wins that get you into the WNIT.

Comment

Working...
                                X