Colorado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Colorado

Very impressive victory. It's a good thing SDSU is joining a conference. Big-name teams won't want to play the Jack women anymore.
    This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up
      Very impressive victory. It's a good thing SDSU is joining a conference. Big-name teams won't want to play the Jack women anymore.
      Maybe Tennessee will give us a two-for-one . . .
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up

They won't be able to duck us in March, starting in '08-'09! 8-)

Go State!

Comment

I attended the game and did we ever beat up on the Buffaloes. The odd thing about it was that most of the calls went in CU's favor and we still pounded them. Whitney Houston is quick and fast, but plays very much out of control. The only thing their big girls didn't get to use was their weapon of choice.

Comment

almost 2,300 in attendence thats not bad considering it being finals week and all.

Comment

Colorado had a tremendous tall roster. Some were very good such as the two from Serbia and Denmark, plus MacFarland at the post. Their guards are very new apparently, and Magen Vogel seem to know how to pick their pockets. I think our team is improving. They seeem to have a second half let down, and if they can find ways to stop that, we will continue to turn heads in the big world of D1 BB. It was a nice crowd and hopefully will grow as the season goes on.

Comment

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...612140339/1002

Major looks minor at SDSU
                Jackrabbits beat Colorado by 22 points

By Terry Vandrovec
                tvandrovec@argusleader.com
                PUBLISHED: December 14, 2006

BROOKINGS – You think South Dakota State is getting used to this?

Then you weren’t at Frost Arena on Wednesday to see Megan Vogel, the team’s only senior, mark the first basket with a primal scream. It was more battle cry than celebration, and she let loose with another upon earning two free throws the next time time on the floor.

It set the tone.

For the fourth game in a row, the Jackrabbits built a 20-point lead in the first half, resulting in a 80-58 victory against Colorado before a crowd of 2,244. It was SDSU’s fourth win this season against a major-conference opponent. . . . (read more)

Go State!

Comment

From a CU perspective:

http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.d...;ATCLID=723457

Jackrabbit 3-pointers Trump McFarland's 1,000 Points

Courtesy: Troy Andre, Assistant SID

Release: 12/13/2006

BROOKINGS, S.D. — University of Colorado junior Jackie McFarland reached 1,000 career points but a barrage of 3-point field goals by South Dakota State University lifted the Jackrabbits to an 80-58 decision over the Buffaloes Wednesday night at Frost Arena.

Colorado (5-6) dropped its fourth straight while SDSU improved to 8-2.

McFarland became the 20th Colorado player to reach 1,000 points doing so at the 12 minute, 19 second mark of the second half on a lay up. She was fouled by SDSU’s Laura Nielsen on the play and sank the free throw for the conventional 3-point play. McFarland ended with 17 points, giving her 1,002 in 68 career games, and nine rebounds.

It was the other type of 3-point play though, that gave the Jackrabbits the edge. SDSU made nine of its first 11 shots from long range and finished 11-of- 19 (.579) from beyond the arc. Sophomore Ashlea Muckenhirn, who entered the contest averaging just 5.3 points per game, had a career night hitting all four 3-point attempts and tying a career high with 18 points. . . . (read more)

Go State!

Comment

The ladies performance was dominant from the word go! Colorado contrlolled the jump ball but it went straight down the slopes from there!

The Jacks just killed them with their intensity on both ends of the floor and were able to wear the Buffs out with their depth. It looked like the low altitude affected the CU players. The refs were as bad as I've seen in ages. They probably prevented the Jacks from having another 10 points at half.

The cool thing was that they were able to put CU away. They have had several big leads that ended up being close but that definitely wasn't going to happen last night, their effort was too strong!

I sure am glad we have a conference last night because I can't imagine that there are a lot of big conference coaches that will be putting us on our schedule until we have a long-standing tradition of success at the D-1 level.

A final note, I thought it would have been a nice touch to have Colorado gaurd Whitney Houston sing the National Anthem last night! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Keep up the great play ladies!

SUPERBUNNY
                    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Just wanted to say congrats to our ladies on last night's domination!!  I was just talking to a friend of mine the other day and we were saying how we'd hate to be the program who bears the wrath when the SDSU ladies put together a full game...well, I think the Buffs fell into that category!!  WOW what a preformance!  I can honestly say I've never seen hustle like that from any team (men or women) I have ever watched in person at any venue.  

I decided to take a business client to the game last night who had never be to any kind of game at SDSU.  He laughed a little when I told him it was going to be a girls basketball game against Colorado, but after a few at Cubbys and the best Cajun Turkey melt in the midwest, we walked into the lower level (the boss's courtside seats, which are SWEET by the way) of Frost just as Megan hit the first three pointer to start things off and gave out that "battle cry" as Terry V. called it in the Argus.  His eyes lit up and he couldn't stop talking about how good of basketball he had just witnessed in person on the way back to SF.  This guy is a big Skyforce, Stampede, Storm (semi-pro fan), and came out of Frost a Jack's women's basketball fan.

THANKS again ladies...you continue to make everyone in the state of SD very proud.  Especially JACKS fans!!
                      SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80
                        Just wanted to say congrats to our ladies on last night's domination!!  I was just talking to a friend of mine the other day and we were saying how we'd hate to be the program who bears the wrath when the SDSU ladies put together a full game...well, I think the Buffs fell into that category!!  WOW what a preformance!  I can honestly say I've never seen hustle like that from any team (men or women) I have ever watched in person at any venue.  

I decided to take a business client to the game last night who had never be to any kind of game at SDSU.  He laughed a little when I told him it was going to be a girls basketball game against Colorado, but after a few at Cubbys and the best Cajun Turkey melt in the midwest, we walked into the lower level (the boss's courtside seats, which are SWEET by the way) of Frost just as Megan hit the first three pointer to start things off and gave out that "battle cry" as Terry V. called it in the Argus.  His eyes lit up and he couldn't stop talking about how good of basketball he had just witnessed in person on the way back to SF.  This guy is a big Skyforce, Stampede, Storm (semi-pro fan), and came out of Frost a Jack's women's basketball fan.

THANKS again ladies...you continue to make everyone in the state of SD very proud.  Especially JACKS fans!!
                        I don't think it can be said much better. The ladies continue to impress and this is a very, very good start to an impressive resume for getting into the post-season WNIT! We need to have Frost even more rockin' than we did last night from every home contest from here on out!

Comment

Originally posted by propar80

Those cajun turkey melts really do kick ass.

Comment

Was also at the game. It was amazing to see the lead grow and grow. CU did miss some shots, but all the credit is due the Jacks. It was obvious from the get go that AJ was planning on running a short handed CU team and tire them out.

Comment

Working...
                            X