Missouri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Missouri

Oisted picks up three fouls back to back to back.

Comment

61-46 10:25 to go.

I agree 3-pointers are needed, 0-4 is not going to do it.

Comment

61-50 with small run. Grimsrud with 16 pts.

Comment

61-48 with 9:55 to go. Time to make a run. We are 0-4 on three pointers. Uncharacteristic off us.

Comment

67-52 5:41 need a run to get it closer fast. Missouri starts the press. Still no 3's....

Comment

75-56 2:09 to go.

Jacks have one more rebound, but 0-7 for threes. Missou has 6-14. Jacks shooting 43% but have 20 tournovers.

Comment

75-56 with 2 minutes to go. 0-6 on 3 pointers. Remember this is a team that defeated Baylor last year and are 9-1 this year.

Comment

6 FT's and 0-7 from the 3-point line. Jacks won't win many games with stats like that. Nice performance by a very good Missouri team.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I can't remember the exact stat, but I think it was well over 200 games ago that the Jacks had a game without a 3.

AJ said a big reason for no 3's was that they didn't get the transition they are used to. Thought the Jacks didn't play with their usual intensity.

Look for a big game next year when Missouri is in Frost. I think it's important to note that it's tough to prepare against solid teams, especially on the road when you haven't played them before.

Sounds like San Jose St., who will be here at Frost next Wed. hasn't won yet and should provide a lift for another run of Wins.

Comment

The pluses of the Missouri game:
                      Good inside post presence, ummmm hitting the rebounds good. Nice arena, I liked the lay out and wandered a little at halftime.
                      The negatives:
                      Slow start, lack of enthusiasm, lack of aggressiveness, Vogel not being involved and scoring, sucking at shooting 3's. Umm not sure if I can find much else tosay for positives in this game.

Comment

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...28/1002/SPORTS

Missouri ends SDSU win streak
                        Usual zip missing for Jackrabbit women

By Terry Vandrovec
                        tvandrovec@argusleader.com
                        PUBLISHED: December 18, 2006

COLUMBIA, Mo. - The South Dakota State women's basketball team is the reigning academic national champion, so maybe the scholarly bunch got caught in an extended, post-finals exhale Sunday.

Or perhaps the Jackrabbits were lulled into complacency over the course of a four-game win streak, during which they didn't trail.

Whatever the reason, SDSU did not exhibit its standard level of intensity in a 79-62 loss at Missouri before a crowd of 1,577 on Sunday, and that was more surprising than the outcome.

The Jacks, who have ferociously embraced just about every circle-the-calendar-type challenge during their ongoing transition to NCAA Division I, were taking on a Big 12 Conference squad that made the NCAA tournament last season and is receiving votes in both major polls.

How could SDSU not be amped? That question lingered like autograph seekers on floor level of the $75 million Mizzou Arena after the game.  .  .  .  (read more)

Go State!

Comment

Working...
                        X