Marquette Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marquette Game Thread

Marquette was a solid team, no doubt about it. But, I definitely felt like we could play with them and in a lot of areas of the game played better than them. I haven't seen the final stats but until late in the game we had more rebounds, fewer turnovers, and went to the line more than they did. If you were to ask me what I would have thought the score would be given those three stats, the Jacks would have a double digit win!

Give credit to Marquette and their veteran team. They played very hard and are a good team. The Jacks simply had a brutal night shooting. Vogel really had a hard time getting on track which is obviously rare! Part of that is due to Marquette's defense but the Jacks missed a ton of open shots and shot a low percentage for them from the line. If they shoot anywhere near season averages then the final is a much different outcome.

Games like this happen and it's unfortunate it happened in Frost Arena with a great crowd, but the Jacks can be proud of their effort. They gave it everything but it just didn't happen! They can play with that team and can feel good about that!

Get ready for the next one ladies!

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Marquette is the best team I've seen this year. Granted, I didn't see USC, Virginia or Baylor play. We certainly didn't play our best game. The shots just wouldn't fall and we weren't as quick to the loose balls as they were. The missed FT's are hard to explain. Marquette's players certainly seemed more talented than ours on Sunday. At each position they were just a little faster, better jumpers, better fundamental post moves, stronger, etc...

That said, if they hadn't shut Vogel down for about a 10 minute stretch at the start of the 2nd half we would have been in this game util the end. Jacks never gave up and thats good, shots just wouldn't fall and Marquette always seem to have an answer. Nice win for them.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack
        I was at the game. That Marquette team should give fans an idea of where we need to be (it sure opened my eyes). We'll need a couple more Vogel-like athletes to compete regularly at that level. Still, we're not that far away. Some of the younger players will benefit from today's game eventually... maybe not this year, but every time they compete against a team like that, they're learning.

Obviously, I was pretty impressed with Marquette. That Ellis is a terrific, natural point guard with great hands and an unorthodox, but deadly shot. She doesn't seem to be putting forth much effort, but after a while, you realize she's always around the ball. They just kept running in athletic and tall players at every stoppage in play. They'll have a very good year this year.

Every game we get to see Megan Vogel play from here on out is going to be special. I hope fans take advantage of that. She's something to watch... and one of the nicest people you'll ever meet... and a great student.
        Very accurate assesment. Marquette definitely has better athletes than we do, you could see that. That doesn't make them better players but it does provide some benefits and those benefits were apparent.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Don't Stop Believing - a motto of the women's team and one we can all live by - credit Market's quickness and the way the ball bounced - credit the desire and the never give up attitude of the Rabbits - it will be a learning experience for the team and provides them with an opportunity to re-focus and finish the season in a strong way

HoosierRabbit

Comment

Working...
          X