Alabama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Alabama

Bean takes advantage of a double-team on Vogel.......63-54, SDSU..........1:31 to go.

Comment

59 ticks......Vogel makes two Fts to make it an 11-point game.

Comment

59 seconds to go. 'Bama is 8-0 at home.

Jacks 63, 54

Vogel hits first free throw

SDSU 64, Bama 54

Her second....Good

SDSU 65-Alabama 54

Now, with 44 to go, Verdigan fouled and is shooting free throws.

Comment

Make FTs and rebound we win. Looks like that will happen. Great game by the Jacks. I need to find a way to make it to Frost on Sunday.

Well, missed those 2 but they turn it over.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

SDSU 65, Alabama 54 is your final. Way to go, Jacks!

Comment

I'll be in Frost on Sunday, w/cowbell.

Comment

Grimsrud didn't score a lot, but she had nine or ten rebounds and at least three blocked shots. That's what we needed from her tonight.
                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack
                  Grimsrud didn't score a lot, but she had nine or ten rebounds and at least three blocked shots. That's what we needed from her tonight.
                  Excellent points, I think she has about 30 blocks this year. We don't need her to score and thats a good thing. She fits the stopper, rebounder role very well. I wish the men had some role players like her.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Great game Ladies...way to hang in there!!!
                    Now get back to Brookings and get ready to lay a good-old fashion Frost a$$-woopin' on #20/#22 Marquette!!

These girls just keep makin' SD PROUD!!  

Go Jacks!!
                    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by MID-CON JACK
                      I'll be in Frost on Sunday, w/cowbell.
                      After Christmas the cowbell count in our family crossed well into double digits. Now they need to be used. I'll do my best to find someone to cover while I duck out for the game.

Going to be one heck of a battle. I expect Marquette to be ready, can't wait.

Comment

Any double-digit road win against a major-conference opponent is a big achievement. Sagarin had them at #112, which is 10th in the SEC (the Jacks are #28 and would be #6 in the SEC--it's a tough league).
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

50 users on line tonight, not bad. 29 guests and I don't think too many of them are trolls.

The Jack's women are gaining more and more respect. Shame on us for "selling out" these poor kids. We could have played Illinois Tech, Upper Iowa, and Dakota St this week. That would have been much more practical.

I'll take a win over "The Tide" on the road and support my institution with pride. Stu can be Stuxxx. Nice win Jacks.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert
                            Any double-digit road win against a major-conference opponent is a big achievement.  Sagarin had them at #112, which is 10th in the SEC (the Jacks are #28 and would be #6 in the SEC--it's a tough league).
                            Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't we 4-0 against the SEC since the D-1 move. Great work ladies!!!
                            Go Big! Go Blue! Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
                              The Jack's women are gaining more and more respect. Shame on us for "selling out" these poor kids. We could have played Illinois Tech, Upper Iowa, and Dakota St this week. That would have been much more practical.
                              So true. Think of how awesome it would have been to get into that Sioux Valley Holiday Classic in Sioux Falls so we could play Upper Iowa and Dakota State. Peggy Miller and Fred Oien really did these student athletes a disservice by giving them the opportunity to beat Alabama three straight times instead. [/sarcasm]
                              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by rabbitinunicntry
                                [quote author=filbert link=1166845681/60#71 date=1167361261]Any double-digit road win against a major-conference opponent is a big achievement. Sagarin had them at #112, which is 10th in the SEC (the Jacks are #28 and would be #6 in the SEC--it's a tough league).
                                Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't we 4-0 against the SEC since the D-1 move. Great work ladies!!![/quote]

Yeah . . . 3-0 vs. Alabama and 1-0 vs. Kentucky.

Neither one are towards the top of the SEC women's basketball world. What we need to do is get Tennessee, LSU, Vandy, or Georgia on the schedule and see what happens. (I think the SEC team would probably win, but would be unpleasantly surprised with how hard it would be).

We're not at the top of the women's basketball world (yet) but we can begin to see it from where AJ has taken this program.
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X