Western Kentucky...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Western Kentucky...

If anyone has a subscription to Fox College Sports Atlantic, I was told our game against them would be televised live on that channel.

Re: Western Kentucky...

Its true its true. I love being able to watch the Jacks on my Big Screen in the basement. Thanks for the heads up! 8-)

Go State!

Comment

Unhappy filbert. DirecTV's vast number of repetitive Fox Sports Networks don't seem to have the game. Although I just got my brand new HD-DVR receiver today, and it's still figuring out the next two weeks' TV schedule, so perhaps there is hope.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

SDSU women's basketball team will travel to the Western Kentucky University. The Jacks will play in Bowling Green, Ky. on January 7. The start time for the game is 2 p.m. The game will be telecast live on Fox College Sports Atlantic.

It shows up on my TV guide. Will have to flip between the playoff games and the Jacks.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

from the local paper
          http://www.bgdailynews.com/articles/...ts/sports2.txt
          The Western Kentucky women's basketball team will look to wrap up a perfect week today when it hosts South Dakota State at 2 p.m. at E.A. Diddle Arena.

And while Western (8-4) has cruised in its two victories over IUPUI and Troy earlier in the week, today's final nonconference game of the season might be one of the most intriguing of the year.

In its third year as a Division I transition school, South Dakota State (11-4) has evolved into one of the most dangerous teams in the country. Already this season the Jackrabbits have victories over Middle Tennessee, Southern California, Colorado and Virginia.

“They are a very good basketball team - as good as anybody we have faced this season,” WKU coach Mary Taylor Cowles said. “They are fundamentally sound. They play hard, are very enthusiastic and nothing rattles them. They are a fun team to watch on film because they are such a quality basketball team. We definitely have our hands full.”

South Dakota State's success isn't fleeting. The Jackrabbits won 40 games the last two years, but were ineligible for postseason play last year due to NCAA transition status. South Dakota State, who will join the Mid-continent Conference next season, is eligible for the WNIT this year and the NCAA Tournament in 2009.
          “We have a good nucleus of area players,” SDSU coach Aaron Johnston said. “We're not a team that walks in the gym and people are intimidated by right away. I think we are a team that knows how to play together and really play unselfishly.”

Even with all the success, Johnston said he realizes his team's success is still a bit of a secret on the national scene.

“I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that we are through transition right now,” Johnston said. “We are certainly not a BSC school, but we haven't had the tradition and time to have name recognition like Western Kentucky does. We are still fairly young in the Division I process and I think that is probably why a lot of people don't know a lot about us.”

While this will be WKU's third home game in five days, South Dakota State will be tipping off less than 48 hours after a 78-61 win at UC-Davis on Friday.

“That's the life of an independent,” Johnston said. “You have to take games and dates whenever they come to you. This isn't an ideal matchup for us, but we are going to make it work. Regardless of how the game goes, the travel won't be used as an excuse.”

The Jackrabbits only feature one senior - Megan Vogel - but the 5-foot-11 forward has been the catalyst for SDSU, leading the team in points (17.7 ppg), rebounds (5.7 rpg), field-goal percentage and 3-pointers.

“Megan is an outstanding player,” Johnston said. “She is one of the best players in the Midwest. She's not just a good player for South Dakota State, she has been one of the better players that I've seen on the floor this year.”

Sophomore forward Jennifer Warkenthien (8.9 ppg, 5.7 rpg) and junior guard Andrea Verdegan (8.2 ppg, 47 assists) give South Dakota State several more offensive options.

“They are disciplined and fundamentally sound,” Cowles said. “They are not going to beat themselves at all. Offensively, we are going to have to try to take advantage of the areas that we can. Defensively, we have to be ready from the tip.

“I think our team is looking forward to the challenge and understands what a win like this could do for us.”

Johnston said his team is just excited about playing the Lady Toppers.

“Obviously Crystal Kelly is a fantastic player - someone that really elevates everyone around her,” Johnston said. “She's the kind of person that can dictate a game. Western is a very balanced team and they play very hard. They are a good team in the Sun Belt and a good team in the nation. We are going to have to be ready to play.”

Comment

Is there anyway I can watch this game online? I don't get the TV channel it will appear on this afternoon. If anyone has found anything will you let me know. Thanks

Comment

I just called Cubbys and they don't even have the game. And I confirm that my DirectTV listings don't include Fox Sports Atlantic. Boo to that!

Comment

Prairiewave here in Yankton has it on their digital package. Going to put the kids down for a nap and enjoy the Jacks on TV.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

South Dakota State, who will join the Mid-continent Conference next season, is eligible for the WNIT this year and the NCAA Tournament in 2009.

Its this understanding that makes the pain associated with the transition that much easier to tolerate. Tough game today. I hope we find the hot hand outside the arc and that someone can step up to take the heat of Megan. Need to get to the line and shoot FT's well.

Comment

Correction:

If you have Midcontinent Communications Digital Cable you can order the extra channels including the one the game is on today for $7.00 per month. If you call 1-800-888-1300 you can watch todays game.

Comment

Well I'm off to go watch the game. Hope its a good one. Go Jacks.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack
                        I just called Cubbys and they don't even have the game. And I confirm that my DirectTV listings don't include Fox Sports Atlantic. Boo to that!
                        I nominate Mediacom for worst cable system in America. ESPNU? Nope. MyNetworkTV? Nope. FoxHD? Nope.
                        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Jacks playing great D but sluggish on offense. WKU has 3 turnovers, Jacks are 0-3 including a wide open layup missed by Bean.

Comment

Kelly is big and strong. They go to her every posession. Our guards need to be prepared to double down. Jacks look really flat.

WKU 4-0 lead.

Comment

Jacks not playing well. Trying to enter inside and then forcing up contested shots. Need to move the ball and then get the passer to move. Quit forcing the post entry and look for dribble penetration, kick out, or give and go. Pretty hard to watch right now.

WKU keeps pounding it into Kelly who just takes Grimsrud straight to the hole and scores easily. 8-2 defecit.

Comment

Working...
                              X